Tom Burgess up for grabs

Definitely not worth the supposed $500K a year he's on, some of his performances this year have been awful.

Unless Souths are willing to continue paying a big chunk of his wages any SL club would be mad to take him. I'm sure he'll get plenty of other offers in the NRL though and I reckon he'll end up at either Manly, Gold Coast or Newcastle.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

Definitely not worth the supposed $500K a year he's on, some of his performances this year have been awful.

Unless Souths are willing to continue paying a big chunk of his wages any SL club would be mad to take him. I'm sure he'll get plenty of other offers in the NRL though and I reckon he'll end up at either Manly, Gold Coast or Newcastle.

I have seen all Souths games this year, which ones do you rate Burgess as awful in as that is a very harsh assessment?

As with his brothers, Tom's biggest area of weakness is ball control but he is a big guy who makes good meters and rarely gets dominated in the tackle. He is a good NRL prop.

Souths weakness this year is in the 1, 6, 7, 9 spine of the team where they have very poor structure and attacking threat. On the occasions when Adam Reynolds has been out (to be fair he has only looked half fit all season anyway) they are essentially rudderless.

The best teams in Rugby League have top quality in these positions and Souths simply don't.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

The games i've seen him play this season (admittedly not that many) he's looked better than he did last year, and in a struggling team. I'd be surprised if he came back to SL though.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Tom will not be leaving South Sydney this is a nothing story, Shane Richardson has said it's not true.

Souths took a long time to peak and win a Premiership in modern times

They have been unraveling ever since.

I can not see much changing at the Club that will end their freefall.

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

The games i've seen him play this season (admittedly not that many) he's looked better than he did last year, and in a struggling team. I'd be surprised if he came back to SL though.

I think Tom has been better this year than last.  One of the few Souths players in that category.

Rounding up on his brothers.

George's season has never really got started as he was hampered by a hip injury and then took time off to get it sorted.  Maybe a good run of games will see him pick up some form at the end of the year (would be good for England).

I feel a little for Sam Burgess.  He has tried his heart out in every single game - his work rate and impact has been phenomenal (meters gained, tackle busts etc) but his error rate is simply too high (in particular his ball security in contact)..  If he removed those errors I actually think he would have had a better season this year than when South's won the Premiership as he has been the physically dominant forward in nearly every game he has played but you cannot come up with two or three handling errors per game and be considered world class.... he has to sort that part of his game out. 

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

I think Tom has been better this year than last. One of the few Souths players in that category.

Rounding up on his brothers.

George's season has never really got started as he was hampered by a hip injury and then took time off to get it sorted. Maybe a good run of games will see him pick up some form at the end of the year (would be good for England).

I feel a little for Sam Burgess. He has tried his heart out in every single game - his work rate and impact has been phenomenal (meters gained, tackle busts etc) but his error rate is simply too high (in particular his ball security in contact).. If he removed those errors I actually think he would have had a better season this year than when South's won the Premiership as he has been the physically dominant forward in nearly every game he has played but you cannot come up with two or three handling errors per game and be considered world class.... he has to sort that part of his game out.

That's what happens after a year of getting no ball in the other game. I'm sure he'll sort it out now he's getting the ball more

I have seen all Souths games this year, which ones do you rate Burgess as awful in as that is a very harsh assessment?

As with his brothers, Tom's biggest area of weakness is ball control but he is a big guy who makes good meters and rarely gets dominated in the tackle. He is a good NRL prop.

Souths weakness this year is in the 1, 6, 7, 9 spine of the team where they have very poor structure and attacking threat. On the occasions when Adam Reynolds has been out (to be fair he has only looked half fit all season anyway) they are essentially rudderless.

The best teams in Rugby League have top quality in these positions and Souths simply don't.

Don't the Souths have Keary at 7 and GI at 1? Aren't they top quality?

Keary's been in and out of the team and GI has been out of form all year although he did play better when he went back to the centre's.

South's do need a major overhaul in the off season though,so I'm sure the rumour mill will be working overtime over the coming months.

Souths took a long time to peak and win a Premiership in modern times

They have been unraveling ever since.

I can not see much changing at the Club that will end their freefall.

Nice try troll but even with all our current dramas and terrible on field performances we still have DOUBLE the membership of your little club despite there very questionable salary cap manipulation keeping them at the top. Enjoy your success because it will not last.

Nice try troll but even with all our current dramas and terrible on field performances we still have DOUBLE the membership of your little club despite there very questionable salary cap manipulation keeping them at the top. Enjoy your success because it will not last.

What are you talking about?

At least you have not had to travel so much lately as you do not go to watch your team when they are not winning. 

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

GI is evidence of the problem at Souths.  He has played at 1, 6 and centre this year as they have looked to plug gaps.  In their Premiership winning season he was their key attacking weapon at full back.

Archived