New Signings

distantdog

I'm really thrilled Davey has signed on again, he's really impressed me this season when he's been fit and offers us great go forward. I'd heard rumours he was going to a SL club and it makes you wonder if the rumours are true about us supposedly signing Farnell from Dewsbury now we've signed both hookers on again.

Go on brev. The new geoff grayshon. What was he 45

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Excellent news on both counts :girlinlove:

Diskin's job will be a walk in the park next season at this rate :pickeat:

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Announced on club's Twitter account, follow the link above!

2 year deal too.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

• 2 weeks later...

I see on the website Smeaton has signed till the end of 2018. Whilst I welcome this and all the other who have signed what the hell are we going to talk about/speculate on who we are going to sign etc if we already have a team for the next two years!! The off season could be very dull :(

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

I see on the website Smeaton has signed till the end of 2018. Whilst I welcome this and all the other who have signed what the hell are we going to talk about/speculate on who we are going to sign etc if we already have a team for the next two years!! The off season could be very dull :(

For me we are another 3/4 players off been a quailty side and a decent for the future

by all accounts there are a few new faces to be announced for next season, one is apparently a "very exciting" signing.

Adding a bit more quality to what we already have should make us a real force next year if we dont go up!

I am also led to believe we will be running a second team next year, which is desperately needed IMO.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

The trouble with a second team currently, is that l am not sure there will be enough fixtures to maintain a full team and the cost that all that entails.

I would love to see a second team playing a full season of fixtures against competitive teams, unfortunately, this has not been the case for a number of clubs who set out with this intention this season.

I too would like to see a second team, but until their is more enthusiasm from other clubs I don't see the point sadly

by all accounts there are a few new faces to be announced for next season, one is apparently a "very exciting" signing.

Now this is the type of off season chatter I like :santa:

I wonder who it can be, as I need to know now :girlwah:

With current numbers signed even 3 or 4 more signings will only put us back to the 25 players, assuming that the 2/3 not re-signed won't be, which isn't enough to run an A team and with the contraction of amateur clubs, at least locally, there will be a dearth of amateur players to top up the second string.

Archived