Featherstone Game

andyram

Should be another good attendance on Sunday for the visit of Fev Rovers.

Hopefully we won't have any new injuries from the last game.

Anthony Thackeray should get a warm welcome back, hopefully a quiet game for him.Just seen they now have Robbie Ward back from Australia too.

Rams 28 - 26 Rovers,attendance 1345.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need to watch Thacks like a hawk. Anybody who has seen him play will know what his party piece is. It's when he does his trademark 'show and go'. Basically, he gets the ball and looks for all the money in the world as though he's going to pass or kick it, and within the blink of an eye he's gone through a gap as narrow as a cigarette paper and scored a try.

I've seen him do it to us, and seen him do it for us.

All players pleased be warned.

"One trick pony" as the 'Fax fans said when he left them. Not a bad trick though.

More often than not he does it when moving right and always steps off his right foot. Knowing about it and stopping it aren't always the same thing though.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

"One trick pony" as the 'Fax fans said when he left them. Not a bad trick though.

More often than not he does it when moving right and always steps off his right foot. Knowing about it and stopping it aren't always the same thing though.

I can't see the problem myself, all we have to do is put in our usual tackling stint and ... Oh !

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

We need to watch Thacks like a hawk. Anybody who has seen him play will know what his party piece is. It's when he does his trademark 'show and go'. Basically, he gets the ball and looks for all the money in the world as though he's going to pass or kick it, and within the blink of an eye he's gone through a gap as narrow as a cigarette paper and scored a try.

I've seen him do it to us, and seen him do it for us.

All players pleased be warned.

We watched Thacks like a hawk at the away match and kept him quiet. They however knew this would happen and had Briggs and Ellis to do the damage. We need to keep an eye on everyone.

I suspect it will be tight again. Both us (Fev,) and you had good victories at Whitehaven recently and Fev followed up with a stunning victory over the Broncos. It's a great atmosphere at your place looking forward to it.

Do we ever get two decent results on the trot nowadays? Let's hope so, we need this. Head says a Fev win but I'll go with the heart this week:

Rams 22 - 18 Flatcappers

FTS Grant

Att 1350

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Looking at both teams' squads, on paper it looks a stronger team for Fev over us and on that basis I think our visitors will triumph over our lads.

Dewsbury 16-28 Feathwrstone

FTS: Sykes

MoM: Sykes

Att: 1624

Legs, Dews, Legs.

One thing for sure is if we do win it will give us a huge lift ahead of the bash

Can't see us beating Cas reserves.

:lol: let's hope not. Perhaps Dewsbury could dual reg with a much better team, I don't know say Batley or Oldham for example!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Do us a favour sheep u know it makes sense

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

:lol: let's hope not. Perhaps Dewsbury could dual reg with a much better team, I don't know say Batley or Oldham for example!

Or maybe just stick by the principles that they declared at the start of the season?

Naah, only idiots stick to their principles, don't they?

:-D

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

Doing us a favour.

I don't see how 9'O can make it clearer.

But why does doing you lot a favour make sense SJS?

(And when did any of 9'Os posts make sense either?)

But why does doing you lot a favour make sense SJS?

Ask Graham. He worked it out when he'd sobered up.

(And when did any of 9'Os posts make sense either?)

You've got me with that one.

Although, upon reflection, even your lad Coolie had the occasional lucid moment (before his ban), and I've seen a couple of sensible posts from Equalizer. Perhaps you're being a tad harsh on Carlinghow's finest.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

How did you get on.

Beat fev to let us climb back up the ladder?

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Archived