Rugby League Statue

I just finished Up and Over by Dave Hadfield.  In it he mentions an idea floating around at the time of a statue to rugby league somewhere along the M62, specifically he mentioned the Stott Hall farm as a possible location. Something like the Angel of the North in nature but representing RL.  I wondered if anyone else had heard of the idea and if it ever got any traction?  I thought it was a great idea but might also reinforce parochial aspects of RL.

USRLFAN I thought you deserved a more considered reply but all I could come up with was,

6 Famous Things From History That Didn't Actually Exist!

And now there's seven!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

How about The Tomb of the unknown Internet Warrior?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Ha! Well no worries.  Thanks for the laugh!  In the book he mentions Steve Ball(former Batley chairman) as the driving force behind the statue plan.  He's also been pushing hard for the RL museum.

Ha! Well no worries.  Thanks for the laugh!  In the book he mentions Steve Ball(former Batley chairman) as the driving force behind the statue plan.  He's also been pushing hard for the RL museum.

Yes that'll go right next to the statue!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Archived