30-31 Jul: The Kingstone Press League 1 Super 8s Match Thread

Discuss this weekend's Kingstone Press League 1 Super 8s games here.

SATURDAY 30th JULY  

London Skolars v Rochdale Hornets KO 5pm

Toulouse Olympique  XIII v York City Knights KO 6.30pm (TBC)

SUNDAY 31st JULY

Doncaster v Barrow Raiders KO 3pm

Keighley Cougars v Hunslet Hawks KO 3pm

League Express is on sale every Monday, in shops (UK only), on print subscription (worldwide) and online for desktop, tablet and smartphone
Follow us on Twitter/X @leagueexpress and TikTok @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

Have York got funding from the RFL to travel to Toulouse?

Will a new York City Knights have the funding from the RFL to travel to Toronto?

TOULOUSE cover all travel costs of visiting teams... I disagree with this however the RFL had Toulouse over a barrell....

Unsure what the script is for Toulouse next year in the championship...

Bit of an ugly bruising encounter at New River this evening not helped by poor refereeing. Penalties gave Rochdale the extra metres and credit to them they finished clinically. At half time and down to 12 men I feared the worse second half but Skolars played really well and scored 3 tries to Dales 1 although not enough to close the gap.

I have to say the current Skolar squad is streaks ahead of the teams we have seen in last two years and fully deserve their top 8 position. Some excellent position kicking and (mostly) well organised defence.

Can't see them beating York though. Plus they still need to go to Toulouse.

In their last two games Barrow have thrashed Rochdale and Doncaster. They are coming into form at the right time. Toulouse may be a cut above everyone else but the Raiders current form is pretty impressive.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Archived