Whitehaven - the game.

LOYALION

Ok, let's get started on this one then.

I reckon if we don't get drawn into a battle up the middle and play the same way we've been playing most of the season we should be ok.

It's a big day for us, let's end it up there in the top 8!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

Hopefully Duffy has them prepared mentally. It's a tough one after four straight wins to get this right

The boys do look confident though but let's not be complacent

Whitehaven are a tough team and had some good results

We've got to play to our strengths

Our wingers are outstanding and let's hope they get some opportunities on the big Heywood rd pitch

Can't wait

I expect another tough game which could go either way on the day. If Hallett is banned it will be a big loss for us as he's been quality all season. Dwyer went over on his ankle last week but hopefully he'll be okay for Sunday. I can't remember any other injuries so it's not too bad for us. Maybe throw Andy Bracek straight into the action?

I was massively disappointed after coming back from Haven without at least a point. The referee was atrocious that day, both ways and the conditions were terrible too! A few Haven fans even said that we deserved the win on the day, I probably wouldn't go that far but a draw would have been nice after being 12-12 until the last 2 minutes.

As far as I'm concerned we have to be winning the home games against the other 3 teams fighting relegation. We've got the first two, let's make it 3 big home wins and 5 on the spin.

Whitehaven away was our most disappointing performance so far for me. They were there for the taking and we got suckered into a slog up the middle. Time to right that wrong and bag a huge two points. If we play to our ability we ought to have too much for them. I'm feeling very confident. COYL

I expect another tough game which could go either way on the day. If Hallett is banned it will be a big loss for us as he's been quality all season. Dwyer went over on his ankle last week but hopefully he'll be okay for Sunday. I can't remember any other injuries so it's not too bad for us. Maybe throw Andy Bracek straight into the action?

I was massively disappointed after coming back from Haven without at least a point. The referee was atrocious that day, both ways and the conditions were terrible too! A few Haven fans even said that we deserved the win on the day, I probably wouldn't go that far but a draw would have been nice after being 12-12 until the last 2 minutes.

As far as I'm concerned we have to be winning the home games against the other 3 teams fighting relegation. We've got the first two, let's make it 3 big home wins and 5 on the spin.

It will be next week when McCauley is in front of the panel.

We have to be absolutely, utterly and relentlessly merciless for the full 80+ minutes. And with cutting edge backs and barnstorming for'ards i think they've got it within them. The lads put in a great shift up there last time but there wasn't enough daylight between the teams when we had a 'wobble' on Haven's dodgy bit of turf and let them back in at the death. Need to get us noses in front and then just bury them. As quickly as possible.

This was always going to be a game we need to win if we are to stay up and on current form we should, but as we all know all games in this league are going to be tough - the away wins at Halifax and Batley are massive bonuses and fully deserved. If the lads stick to our strengths using our pace and handling ability we should be okay. Really looking forward to the day.

Did not think we would win that game after the first half - the team defended so well in the second half, was it four sets on our line.............what wonderful team spirit. But like everyone else - I do not think my nerves can take many more matches like that. Thought Andy Bracek looked good - my only criticism is I think Beharrell is not an acting half back - he is wasted there - I know the hookers are rotated and he is being used in some games in that role.  

It was tough today as Haven were a big side and tackling their centres and forwards was not easy.

Well lets hope we can rattle Bradford next week.

John Duffy obviously has the knack of lifting his men when they most need it, such as at half-time. All credit to JD and his team of lions. Next match in a fortnight at Odsal and who knows what these keen young men are capable of when they get the bit between their teeth on a Sunday afternoon at 3 o'clock.

A real game of two halves. I agreed with most comments on here up to now but I would like to add a couple too.

I thought Matty Beharrell's tackling was magnificent. He's a bit of a pocket monster in defence and his passing got better as he got more time in. Bracek put in 100% for us and he is the offloaded we have been missing. I hope we get him for longer than a month and out halves learn to be alert for the pass. It creates gaps. Haven's right wing has a good game too, only young but he had bags of pace.

Can't say I'm happy as I'm going to miss the next 2 games for work!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

I agree about Matty Beharrell's tackling - he does have tendency to throw forward passes, I just think having him at hooker means we do not get to see him being as creative with the ball. Everyone tackled really well yesterday, Haven had some big guys out there in the backline as well as the pack, White, Atkin certainly tackled above their weight and as we know the forwards are not the biggest but they can't half tackle...........well done to the whole team.

Archived