Toronto

buford t justice

Toronto might just be what RL needs.Should add a lot of interest to the game and lead to bigger gates, especialy if they are  successful.Their support in Toronto is assured.

In what way will it benefit the English game? They wont bring any fans over here, so no money going back into our clubs, not many fans are going to be able to afford to go watch there team over there, part time players going to need time off work to go play over there, it's going to be a very expensive project for whoever is funding it, so how long will the funds last? And the majority off the team and coaching staff will be English playing from the other side of the world. Can't see the point to be honest.

In what way will it benefit the English game? They wont bring any fans over here, so no money going back into our clubs, not many fans are going to be able to afford to go watch there team over there, part time players going to need time off work to go play over there, it's going to be a very expensive project for whoever is funding it, so how long will the funds last? And the majority off the team and coaching staff will be English playing from the other side of the world. Can't see the point to be honest.

If it spreads the game beyond its narrow confines, I am all for it. Our game, the game we all supposedly love, is shrinking in size. Crowds are going down and it has disappeared from the nation's consciousness since the move to satellite TV. Any move to counteract this is welcomed by me, though clearly not by everyone!

Back the existing clubs first. Championship 1 is a farce (Oxford, Hemel, All Golds would all struggle in National Conference league, and not in premier division either). That experiment idn't working so why do we need a team thousands of miles away? Toulouse have had their day in the limelight once before and failed, the RFL wants them in Super League. When they're in the Championship next year the RFL will do what it always does, bend over backwards with special dispensations as a development area when actually they aren't. Get a grip, support the club's who have been around 125 years and more first.

Who's to say that Championship 1 isn't working? Do we just give them a couple of years to make a huge success of it or give them time to grow roots and develop in their communities. The comparison with NC does not hold water. They are mainly clubs who have a local pool of players to choose from, in areas which have RL as their main sport or as near as damn it!

Good on them I say!

The games on its backside because of all these failed expansion experiments. They've been trying 30 odd year in London to get a top rugby league side and after millions of pounds of wasted rl money, there playing in the championship in front of 500 fans, same with the Welsh we'res the super crusaders gone? People don't bother with the game any more because heartland clubs have been brushed aside, and the door slammed shut on there hopes of getting into the elite league. They set out to make the game something it's not, they wanted teams playing in big fancy new stadiums in front of 10/15 thousand fans, when in reality there's 5/6 clubs that can achieve this.

We've been going 135 years and sometimes play in front of 500 people! So should we be cast aside for teams who can draw larger crowds than us?

So what is our game then? A small partisan game played in a northern ghetto? Is that how it should remain? I firmly believe it is the world's greatest game, and should be spread so that everyone, regardless of where they live should see that.

Your missing my point.Have Batley always got crowds of 500 or did they get more pre sl era? Every established club outside sl has lost at least 50% on there pre sl gates. Who has really progressed from the sl era? Even the likes of Wigan get simular crowds but play from a football stadium, hulls crowds are probably up but they play in a football ground, Warrington got good little stadium and increase in crowds the rest have stayed the same. I remember going to a packed watershedings as a kid, poor Oldham haven't really got a place they can call home now and pulling crowds of 500ish. I remember Keighley pulling 5k crowds in the old 3rd division, they 4k short these days. Why because the rl have been too busy with there experiments while heartland clubs rot away. There's solid evidence in crowd figures throughout the game that they have killed the game.

Back the existing clubs first. Championship 1 is a farce (Oxford, Hemel, All Golds would all struggle in National Conference league, and not in premier division either). That experiment idn't working so why do we need a team thousands of miles away? Toulouse have had their day in the limelight once before and failed, the RFL wants them in Super League. When they're in the Championship next year the RFL will do what it always does, bend over backwards with special dispensations as a development area when actually they aren't. Get a grip, support the club's who have been around 125 years and more first.

What do you know about the clubs you have named, have you been to watch any of them in action????? so how can you say they would struggle in NCL , you do talk like a at times not got a clue whats going on . and that includes RL in the heartlands  .. Take a look at some of Cov Bears attendances since they started and has put some of ours to shame at times ... Read the blurb on Toronto, RFL are not bennding over backwards for them and giving them cash, its been funded by the owner of Toronto RL who will also be paying for the teams to travel over there .... if we had your way RL would not exist outside Yorkshire and Lancashire and most probalbly be dead on its feet before now

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

What do you know about the clubs you have named, have you been to watch any of them in action????? so how can you say they would struggle in NCL , you do talk like a ###### at times not got a clue whats going on . and that includes RL in the heartlands .. Take a look at some of Cov Bears attendances since they started and has put some of ours to shame at times ... Read the blurb on Toronto, RFL are not bennding over backwards for them and giving them cash, its been funded by the owner of Toronto RL who will also be paying for the teams to travel over there .... if we had your way RL would not exist outside Yorkshire and Lancashire and most probalbly be dead on its feet before now

fev lions hammered south Wales in the challenge cup. They definitely would struggle in the ncl.

fev lions hammered south Wales in the challenge cup. They definitely would struggle in the ncl.

Batley have also lost to an amateur team, and that after being around for a damn sight longer than the new clubs in C1. What does that prove?

Thanks Fev4 for the support. Redditch, I have been an ARL club secretary and on the management committee of a league so DO have a bit of an idea. The teams I mention are getting hammered every week and as mentioned elsewhere have lost to NCL teams in the cup and not by the odd point.

Batley have also lost to an amateur team, and that after being around for a damn sight longer than the new clubs in C1. What does that prove?

I watched them and they were pony. Oxford pay lads from Fryston to go play for them and there a pennine league outfit, so it's safe to say the bottom 3 development teams are nothing but amateurs.

I watched them and they were pony. Oxford pay lads from Fryston to go play for them and there a pennine league outfit, so it's safe to say the bottom 3 development teams are nothing but amateurs.

All teams have to start somewhere. If people want to spread our game, good for them, and l certainly wish them every success. I cannot understand why any supposed RL supporter would wish them anything but good luck!

All teams have to start somewhere. If people want to spread our game, good for them, and l certainly wish them every success. I cannot understand why any supposed RL supporter would wish them anything but good luck!

I don't mind the likes of Oxford in championship 1, there doing no other teams any harm in there, even though I can't see the logic in half the team been from cas. What has wound me up though is teams like London and crusaders who got money thrown at them while heartland clubs got nothing, and our famous clubs had died a death and London and crusaders have got nowhere.

Your missing my point.Have Batley always got crowds of 500 or did they get more pre sl era? Every established club outside sl has lost at least 50% on there pre sl gates. Who has really progressed from the sl era? Even the likes of Wigan get simular crowds but play from a football stadium, hulls crowds are probably up but they play in a football ground, Warrington got good little stadium and increase in crowds the rest have stayed the same. I remember going to a packed watershedings as a kid, poor Oldham haven't really got a place they can call home now and pulling crowds of 500ish. I remember Keighley pulling 5k crowds in the old 3rd division, they 4k short these days. Why because the rl have been too busy with there experiments while heartland clubs rot away. There's solid evidence in crowd figures throughout the game that they have killed the game.

So you don't actually have any facts, nor can you be bothered to do the research but you are prepared to confirm your conclusions (prejudices) on the basis of the crowds that you recall as a kid.

Were you watching the game in its heydays of the 60's and 70's - I bet not.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

<delete> Get a grip, support the club's who have been around 125 years and more first.

In what way do these clubs need support? Please be specific.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

In what way do these clubs need support? Please be specific.

I think he'd like more funding for 'traditional' clubs. That's in addition to the central funding which has been propping up our ailing heartland clubs since 1996, and has been invested SO responsibly by those entrusted with it.

What I'm looking for is someone who can contribute to what England has given to the world: culture, sophistication, genius. A little bit more than an 'ot dog, know what I mean?

This guy simply has no idea - it will all end in tears:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p041h1w9

This guy simply has no idea - it will all end in tears:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p041h1w9

Why are  some of you guys so negative to anything new in Rugby League? With the state of the game in the UK some new interest should be more than welcome.It will certainly get more through the gates in Championship One and that's got to be a plus. There is obviously more money around in Canada than in the League heartlands and they are prepared to spend some of it. Just don't prejudge  because things have failed before.

The NZ Warrior's played a game in Perth,Australia yesterday  and that's a darned sight further than from Toronto to Manchester. so distance isn't a problem.

Why are  some of you guys so negative to anything new in Rugby League? With the state of the game in the UK some new interest should be more than welcome.It will certainly get more through the gates in Championship One and that's got to be a plus. There is obviously more money around in Canada than in the League heartlands and they are prepared to spend some of it. Just don't prejudge  because things have failed before.

The NZ Warrior's played a game in Perth,Australia yesterday  and that's a darned sight further than from Toronto to Manchester. so distance isn't a problem.

Errm, sorry Frank. Should I have put the sarcasm emoji on so you could understand it more easily?

:onthequiet:

Archived