BISSA help sign Sam Smeaton

BISSA...

Along with the Club,via the main website,BISSA are delighted to have helped with the signing of Sam Smeaton. He will be a massive help within the squad,and we welcome him to our great club.

As always a massive thank you to our members for their constant support and contributions.

As soon as Halifax decided to release him,late yesterday,the Club and BISSA moved quickly to seal the deal,in a word...TEAMWORK...so onwards and upwards.

Please consider joining BISSA via BISSA.CO.UK

THANKS.. Colin...BISSA.

"Keep The Faith Tee Shirts now available from BISSA"

Spread & Save please hand your jars or any other container in on match days

Sponsored by Londis, Bradford Road Liversedge

Visit the BISSA Online Shop to purchase DVDs, books and event tickets

here

BISSA website

http://www.bissa.co.uk/

image1 (1).JPG

Why not consider paying a monthly payment in to BISSA all we ask for is a minimum of £5 per month. Obviously it would be great to make it £10/£15/£20 per month, we have been working to raise money for players over the last 12/13 years & every penny raised goes towards signing and what is just as imprtant retaining the better player's.

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

If Halifax and their fans don't think he is good enough for a new contract....why have they denied him the right to play for us against Swinton?...

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

If Halifax and their fans don't think he is good enough for a new contract....why have they denied him the right to play for us against Swinton?...

It is a Halifax supporter's trait. When a player plays for them, he is the best in the division. As soon as he leaves, he was never any good!

Strange really, as I said on the other thread I would rather he play. He has been out on loan for quite a while now once it became clear he did not improve the squad and it says it all when our main centre breaks his arm and we then let Smeaton go. He simply was not up to it for us this season when he played although I hope it works out for him at Batley because he seems a nice lad.

It is a Halifax supporter's trait. When a player plays for them, he is the best in the division. As soon as he leaves, he was never any good!

Not the case here though because it was clear half way through the season hence why he has not played for us since the challenge cup defeat to Widnes and he has been out on loan at York.

Edit: If you want a true view from the Fax fans just read what they were saying about 4 or 5 games in to the season, the screams for Heaton to get picked in front of him could be heard over the hill. He has been a very good player at this level and anyone can see that, for some people it does not work out at other clubs for whatever reason, he might get back to his best at Batley.

Not the case here though because it was clear half way through the season hence why he has not played for us since the challenge cup defeat to Widnes and he has been out on loan at York.

Edit: If you want a true view from the Fax fans just read what they were saying about 4 or 5 games in to the season, the screams for Heaton to get picked in front of him could be heard over the hill. He has been a very good player at this level and anyone can see that, for some people it does not work out at other clubs for whatever reason, he might get back to his best at Batley.

yeh just like Reite and Brown, even though as of late they have done the job over on your lads

yeh just like Reite and Brown, even though as of late they have done the job over on your lads

My opinion of them are based on facts. Brown was awful for us, I get the feeling by the sounds of it he has not been great for you guys this year? Rettie I did not rate but he has done well at Batley, some players suit different clubs and some people develop at a later age. Everyone has an opinion but you wont find many Fax fans who like either Smeaton or Brown but opinion was divided on Rettie. You only have to look at my opinion on Richard Moore, or Callum casey for that matter, to say that its simply not a case of if you leave Fax you are a bad player. Thats the old Batley inferiority complex kicking in again.

My opinion of them are based on facts. Brown was awful for us, I get the feeling by the sounds of it he has not been great for you guys this year? Rettie I did not rate but he has done well at Batley, some players suit different clubs and some people develop at a later age. Everyone has an opinion but you wont find many Fax fans who like either Smeaton or Brown but opinion was divided on Rettie. You only have to look at my opinion on Richard Moore, or Callum casey for that matter, to say that its simply not a case of if you leave Fax you are a bad player. Thats the old Batley inferiority complex kicking in again.

how can it be inferiority when u cant beat us with the same players that played for you, superior ide say imo of course lol

Oooh tell us more!

Alex Brown has been abysmal this time round, he did OK in his first 35 stints at the club though! ha ha

In all seriousness, to be fair to the lad he can finish, but defensively hes very poor and cant jump for a high ball to save his life - the one at Blackpool to win the Northern Rail was a freak accident I feel, but was great none the less - havent seen much of that since.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

Alex Brown has been abysmal this time round, he did OK in his first 35 stints at the club though! ha ha

In all seriousness, to be fair to the lad he can finish, but defensively hes very poor and cant jump for a high ball to save his life - the one at Blackpool to win the Northern Rail was a freak accident I feel, but was great none the less - havent seen much of that since.

agreed no defence at all, but to be fair he has score some good try's for us this season and without those points we mite not of been in position we are in now

Brown is OK at attacking kicks but seems routed to the spot whilst defending them, his positional play whilst defending has never been a strength either. But it's far easier to jump to challenge a kick when running on to the ball than standing still as you often have to whilst defending a kick. Brown has always struck me as a real confidence player. He needs to feel like a big fish in a small pond, to get the best out of him. Most fans at batley, myself included have had a soft spot since the northern rail winning try, hence he has always been welcomed to the setup and loved here and generally he has been the main attacking threat and risen to the billing. This time around, I get the feeling for whatever reason, he hasn't been as vital to us as an attacking threat as he has been in the past and just feels like another number and not as vital as other players in the squad. I really hope he can find the form he has shown in previous seasons if he gets the chance again, because he will always be a bit of a hero in my book for his previously very successful stints. It is probably because we have the best all round squad we've had in a long time, so he hasn't been as integral to the teams points scoring ability as he has been in the past. Maybe we, as fans could overlook his defensive frailties because he was scoring 2 for every one he conceded? Or maybe he has just hit a bad run of form with us, like he has shown elsewhere in his career. This year we have quite a potent 3/4 line so can score in few different areas. I've never been one of Retties biggest fans, he is not my type of winger, but most fans love him for his work rate and tenacity, he never backs down or avoids a tussle, and that is admirable, he has also been quite a club man since returning from Halifax so has probably replaced brown in many fans hearts. I prefer the Gareth pott's or Alex Brown type of winger though by choice, guys with the ability to beat a man on a postage stamp with good footwork rather than simply trying to run over the top of the opposition all the time. But hats off to him, he has had a really good season, probably his best in a batley shirt, but it must help having decent centres to play outside for a change and from what I saw of Smeaton whilst at Featherstone, Rettie will be even better in the middle 8s playing outside him. I'm really chuffed we got him I've always rated him as one of the best centres in the championship and was gutted when he went to Halifax following all the rumours we were signing him then. I just hope he can stay fit, we've had a real problem keeping centre's off the treatment table this year.

i dont drink as on constant medication, but obviously you see different from all others, but would like you to explain why everyone that leaves your club play so much better for other clubs imo of course.

Examples?

I bet for everyone that has played better I can name one that has not.

Actually I couldn't care less about how he performed for anyone else. As TBO pointed out, different players perform differently at different clubs. There are plenty of players who have come from elsewhere and excelled at ours - our current club captain for one. Equally there have been plenty down the years who haven't.

Actually I couldn't care less about how he performed for anyone else. As TBO pointed out, different players perform differently at different clubs. There are plenty of players who have come from elsewhere and excelled at ours - our current club captain for one. Equally there have been plenty down the years who haven't.

well you did ask him to tell you more

I'm sure no-one is expecting Smeaton to be a world class sensation. What he offers is vast experience at this level in a position where we lack any depth. As a player who was part of a very good Featherstone side and a Sheffield squad which competed in last year's Middle 8's, he's a decent addition at this stage of the season for a club with a very small budget. I'm not expecting him to be Kallum Watkins or Justin Hodges.

What I'm looking for is someone who can contribute to what England has given to the world: culture, sophistication, genius. A little bit more than an 'ot dog, know what I mean?

Thanks Harold for returning this thread BACK to the fact that BISSA have helped the club to sign Sam Smeaton.

Colin....BISSA.

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

Archived