Welcome back Carl

GMcK

The club is delighted to announce that half back Carl Forber has agreed a new deal with Workington for the 2017 season. The talented half back who recently reached the milestone of over 500 goals kicked and over 200 games played for Town  will join a core of senior players retained for the new season in League 1.  

Town Director Les Smallwood said ‘’Carl is a great addition to the new squad. He is a prolific goal scorer and he’s been a virtual ever present in the side. He distributes the ball really well and can move the team around the park. I helped sign Carl when he first came to Town and his loyalty to the club is fantastic to see. He’s a level headed character on and off the pitch and that’s what we’re looking for as we bring our talented youngsters through’’

Carl Forber said ‘’I’m really pleased to be playing again next season for Town. I’ll be back playing with some senior lads from last season who are quality players and good mates off the pitch as well. I’m looking forward to getting into pre-season with our new coaching set-up . ‘’

Carl will be a vital cog in this years team, with a bit of luck he'll step out of Sammuts shadow having learned a lot form him and will be our leading half this season. I am very pleased we have managed to keep him.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Archived