NWC Clubs unanimously reject Primary RL format

BR I would not disagree with with anything you say and I can't think how difficult it must be for all clubs out of the heartlands.

Problem is David Gent head of participation for the RFL sees your area as one of the areas to increase particpation, has he spoken to anyone regarding your problems?

I know first week back but he also see colleges as a major growth area, 14 matches were due to take place 9 were 24.0, 64% with one postponed, and I will add most of the players playing colleage rugby play RL on a weekend most not new to the game, I know that as my lad is was of them.

Afternoon all,

I'm coaching the minis and juniors at Chester Gladiators. We are starting up junior teams recruiting players from 4-11, have been going for a year now and have players that are really keen to get some game time and play together. We are very much a development side and have a really great set of enthusiastic players having a good time but we are really struggling for numbers.

The advantages for our individual players enjoyment and development in playing smaller sided games are obvious with respect to involvement and decision making and can be seen in the Union clubs (though they play tag for too long).

From practical team perspective playing 9/13 a side format presents an insurmountable barrier to us being involved which is a real shame for all - players, our club and our sport.

There is no chance of us recruiting in the numbers we would need to raise a side and providing the supporting facilities across age groups for that.

Playing a smaller sided format does not mean playing non contact. I do think this is a good idea at the youngest age group though.

We have U7/8/9 teams of 6-7 players that are really keen to get a game if anyone is interested?

Tin

Chargers run Primary RL - we tried to get other local clubs involved but they all seem to be focusing on their Open Age teams.

Good luck with it Tim, Id be really interested to hear how you are getting on. Our club are probably in a similar situation and have various initiatives and plans to increase involvement, it would be great to hear what has worked (or not) with Chargers

Tin

We have a host of clubs who can and will accomodate you in providing your players the playing opportunities to assist you in developing the game in your area , we are currently updating our website to collate all the information from our Nwc clubs .

However in the interim please email me on nwc.chair @gmail.com with your requirements and we will assist you in the format which best suits your needs .

Tin

We have a host of clubs who can and will accomodate you in providing your players the playing opportunities to assist you in developing the game in your area , we are currently updating our website to collate all the information from our Nwc clubs .

However in the interim please email me on nwc.chair @gmail.com with your requirements and we will assist you in the format which best suits your needs .

Thanks, will do

• 3 weeks later...

Taxi a nice post, I realise no Operational Rules were broken but as you know the RFL wanted your league to take this format on, make them play it, no choice to the clubs as was said by the Yorkshire Secretary, did he not quote "we are the committee we make the decisions for the clubs, we don't need to ask them" someone who was at the primary meeting quoted this.

As I keep saying we do 95% of the Operational rules with no issue, don't forget it was introduced due to a sad death and coroners report, there is less than

In normal circumstances the RFL should be running the whole game - I don't think there's any question that there should be a single NGB. However history has left rugby league in a position where the NGB is not trusted to run the game at grass roots. Very sad.

half a page out of 32 relating to following medical procedures, probably 30 pages of relevant topics that are being followed and possibly one page of wording that will allow the RFL to do what they want and when they want without the clubs having a say, what way is this to run a game.

It's not trusted in the Pro game either, if it wasn't for the purse strings the cowboys would be riding into the sunset

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Chester Gladiators are looking to enter our association for the new season start with an 7s and 8s team.

If all is well with them that will take our entrants to 41 teams at U 7s it's supply and demand and to quote a RFL official giving the customers a choice .

Archived