Summer bash v Oldham

Roadhouse blue

What a wonderful game of rugby. I think Sky will be kicking themselves having put our game on the red button and then that absolute shocker of a finale live on TV.

Matty MOM for changing the game. A wonderful individual try and then a composed DG.

And Matty set up the try for Rhodri as well as taking the short kick off at the end.  The players want to thank all the fans for their fantastic support.

Riggy

The players want to thank all the fans for their fantastic support.

Players, don't mention it, it's a pleasure to get behind a team of 100% triers who thoroughly work their socks off for each other and come up with the goods. Well done lads, take a bow.

Sadly I could not get to Blackpool, so did not see the match. Reading the Oldham forum page lots of controversy about a disallowed conversion for Oldham's last try which would have put the score at 24-26 ( to Oldham). Lots of criticism for Mr Turley - I seem to think every time he has refereed matches for us he has never failed to displease us with his decisions...........hopefully the match will be on Lions TV soon.

I'm a roughyed and yes Palfreys conversion did go over.The officials didn't have the best of days.BUT how we relinquished a 20 point lead is beyond me.Hate to say it but congrats on the win.I think we might have got what we deserved.

What a brilliant comeback - first half just didn't turn up - totally differrenet performance second half and the game could have gone either way at the end - but for a team to overturn a 20-0 half time deficit they deserve the win. Obviously in such a close game always going to be points of controversy - obstructions/groundings and then finally 'the conversion' - from the Swinton end you couldn't guess but having looked at it a few times on my sky recording it could have gone either way - could all the officials have got it wrong (ha ha maybe) - naturally the oldham fans/coach and kicker are going to think otherwise but as we Swinton fans know only too well these things happen in all games. Great 2 points for us and a long way to go yet but I do think both Oldham and ourselves will stay up

It went wide. When the game is up on LionsTV (hopefully Wednesday) you will see. I haven't seen any of the Sky footage but our angle is right behind Palfrey and it looks wide from that angle. In fact having seen our footage I'm surprised there's so much debate. Did Sky only have cameras on the far side?

What I find hard to understand is how on earth can BOTH touch judges (and the ref too?) fail in their apparent professional duty to misjudge a conversion kick (or penalty attempt)? Occasionally (rarely) they disagree, but BOTH of them (standing behind the posts in exactly the right place facing the kicker) surely can't be wrong, can they? If it was ever proved in a match that this two-man clanger happened, then serious questions need to be asked and suspensions (of officials) put in place. It sometimes occurs that a referee gets it wrong when a drop goal is attempted during heated action by an attacking side even though an attempt is expected, but BOTH TJs at a place kick?, seems highly unlikely I have to say. We can all laugh of course, but don't you all think it's just a tad ironic that match officials currently (?) have (or did have) their kit sponsored by "Specsavers"?

It went wide. When the game is up on LionsTV (hopefully Wednesday) you will see. I haven't seen any of the Sky footage but our angle is right behind Palfrey and it looks wide from that angle. In fact having seen our footage I'm surprised there's so much debate. Did Sky only have cameras on the far side?

Yes Colin - the Sky camera was behind the touch judges and the ball seemed to be drifting away at the time it sailed over the post - of course on what influenced the tv coverage was the forthright options of the commentators and after all is said and done the people in the best position are the touch judges - anyhow it wouldn't have altered the result we would have simply scored another try instead of taking the drop goal ??? 

Bad first half!! Brilliant second half, a couple of try savers from fell and Marshall. Beharrell great kicking, quick and sharp. Lever tackled his socks off as usual. I'm also sticking with the conversion not going over for Oldham,there was two linesman and a ref on the pitch... Camera angles are such a pain when not positioned right, but who cares it's over and we won coming back from 20-0 down at half time

Both games so far have been odd, at sale you shot ahead and we came back in the second half, but we were unable to take full advantage, at blackpool we shot ahead and capitulated in the second half. Wonder if we'll have a game thats close in both halves? We've got 2 more games against each other before the seasons finished. I'm sure we can gain revenge.

Congratulations to the Lions you wanted it more than us in that second half.

Sadly, the debate will go on about the poor officials until we meet again at our

place.

I would also like to praise a great set of lads who I was having a  banter with

on the way out - that's what is great about our game.

I'm a roughyed and yes Palfreys conversion did go over.The officials didn't have the best of days.BUT how we relinquished a 20 point lead is beyond me.Hate to say it but congrats on the win.I think we might have got what we deserved.

No it didn't go over

Archived