York to Fold?

Just been reading that York City Knights may have to fold due to not being able to play at Bootham Cresent after another spat with the Council over the use of the field in tandem with the football team.

Game against Doncaster this weekend called off, and rest of the season in jeopardy.

Absolutely criminal if this carries on. Sounds like Guilford is trying to play hardball again and coming off second best. 

The Knights have a genuine chance of promotion this year and have a great young coach in James Ford. This farcical situation is very unfortunate. Lets hope it gets cleared up.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is that to do with the cuts?

Coat?

They have tried to claim that it is expensive.

If this is the reason my take is that they wouldn't want to work on a Saturday evening or Sunday morning

Shambles by the sounds of it. Hearing they may have folded.

If they can't fulfill their fixtures then technically they would have to fold

Can they not just play all the matches away from home?

It is simply incredible that one of the best teams in League 1 can be on the brink of folding.

I'm not privy to the off-field politics but for Christ sake what an utter shambles of a situation.

God knows what the players and coaching staff are feeling like tonight. 

It is simply incredible that one of the best teams in League 1 can be on the brink of folding.

I'm not privy to the off-field politics but for Christ sake what an utter shambles of a situation.

I imagine they are already on the blower to Hunslet, Doncaster et al...

Well speaking to one of them, they feel extremely upset. Lot of work gone into the season and must have been close to being favourites for promotion behind Toulouse. 

Sounds like they will be folding this season. Terrible really.

3736-mipm.gif

I really hope it doesn't come to that,a club with a proud history as York.We at Oldham have had some great games against the Knights,great set of fans.We can ill afford to lose our clubs.The chairman seems to be a bit of a lemon.Hope it gets sorted.

Shambles by the sounds of it. Hearing they may have folded.

If that was intended, bravo!

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

It sounds like JG is wanted the club to fold so he can take action against the council. A tactical folding. Crazy approach to running a club really, gambling its future to get leverage with the Council is very risky. Might not be as bad if they had no chance of going up but they have and they might not get that chance for a good few seasons as I assume the coach, staff and players will now leave.

3736-mipm.gif

Yes Shambles - very clever as of course it is arguably the finest historic thoroughfare in Europe. York is the one RL city/town that should be in SL. Let us hope this is sorted out. I remember the great excitement at the York 9s when we provided major impetus for the formation of YCK. The irony is the famous city of York contains one of the best rugby venues in the land : Heworth of York. What a shame it can't be the answer. Any chance of the MP actually doing anything!?

York is the one RL city/town that should be in SL.

Why?

The rugby club in the city has been plagued by financial problems since 1883 and have not really set RL alight since they joined in 1898, the best attendance they have ever had is 14,689 in 1934. Since they became one of the yo-yo clubs in the late seventies and eighties they have struggled to survive.

This doesn't mean I want to see RL in York die out  but I think there needs to be some realism about what they will ever be able to acheive in a sensible time frame.

SL shouldn't even be an ambition for the club, it shouldn't be on the radar.

Some people need to get real about what some clubs can achieve from where they are now. 

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

A temp stand at Heworth and its better than Sheffield.

Let it go.

You've never been,anyway.

As York seem to have officially cancelled the game v.Doncaster it would seem they do not intend playing it.

It he game doesn't go ahead I can't see them going to Toulouse.

Some people should really listen to supporters.The ones who generally put in a larger percentage of their disposable income than club owners may do.

York have had a huge turnover of coaches and the owner has been fined for disgusting use of language aimed at supporters.

He has had a coruscating evisceration by a female council member and still the warning signs weren't heeded.

Still,there are those who think the governing body do a great job...

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

Let it go.

You've never been,anyway.

As York seem to have officially cancelled the game v.Doncaster it would seem they do not intend playing it.

It he game doesn't go ahead I can't see them going to Toulouse.

Some people should really listen to supporters.The ones who generally put in a larger percentage of their disposable income than club owners may do.

York have had a huge turnover of coaches and the owner has been fined for disgusting use of language aimed at supporters.

He has had a coruscating evisceration by a female council member and still the warning signs weren't heeded.

Still,there are those who think the governing body do a great job...

So the RFL are responsible for how the owner of York runs his business how?

They can declare the owner unfit to be an owner of an affiliated club, this helps how? 

What do you expect the governing body to have done and do you know that they have not offered to help?

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Archived