Coventry away - Sunday 3pm

shades2

02 Aug KO:15:00 League 1 Rd: 17

Coventry Bears v York City Knights

Butts Park Arena

Referee: J Roberts

Hope he speeds things up a bit - and it stays dry

Saw that Michael Channing was in the Cas 19 last week, but understand our dual-reg deadline day in this Friday (not last Friday)

It was never about the stadium, the off field stuff hasn't changed as far as I am concerned.

We're playing an expansion team, anything less than a win isn't good enough. Until we are out of this league and playing the likes of Fev again, nobody will give a damn about watching York City Knights playing Gloucestershire All Golds, Hemel Stags, Oxford, Coventry, the list goes on

Jason Bass Fan Club - member #001

It was never about the stadium, the off field stuff hasn't changed as far as I am concerned.

We're playing an expansion team, anything less than a win isn't good enough. Until we are out of this league and playing the likes of Fev again, nobody will give a damn about watching York City Knights playing Gloucestershire All Golds, Hemel Stags, Oxford, Coventry, the list goes on

Wrong - ask the people who have got off their ar*es and travelled to a lot of away games this year to support the team, ok I want the same as you, but this is where we are at currently

Very quiet on here - hoped we would be getting back to talking about on the field stuff now

Anybody else going Sunday?

I reckon the reason it is quiet on here Shades is well illustrated by the reply you received unfortunately.

Keep up the good work Fordy and the lads!!

'''Apologies, nobody bar shades and five others give a damn'''

Wrong again - plenty of people are happy to support some of the best quality of rugby league (even taking into account some of the opposition) we have seen for years.

Speak to enough other Knights fans home and away - don't think that everyone was taken in by the comments/actions of some others on here - very far from it in fact

Don't like what's been going on off field, but none of it is the lads fault. Considering the adversity they are doing remarkably well.think we all want to be playing at a higher level and probably did enough last season to do so

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

I love it.   Looking forward to Coventry.   I don't really mind who we play, as long as it's entertaining/competitive.   Would like to see us in the Championship, but not if it means "doing a Hunslet".

Good luck for next season wherever you play and whatever division your in.

Your lads were excellent today.

Thanks to those fans from York that came down today. People that I met seem to have enjoyed their day out in sunny Cov.

If you weren't one of those fans and we do happen to be playing each other perhaps we'll see you next year?

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Stop disparaging the expansion clubs.   Had a lovely trip to Coventry today.   Workmanlike performance by the Knights in a nice stadium (Coventry RFC).   Attendance about the same as the Knights have been getting with enthusiastic supporters, though they had nothing to cheer till the last 10 minutes.   First season in the league and hoping to get better established.

If you made the effort to investigate these clubs instead of sitting in York and moaning you would realise that you have as much right to mock these clubs as Super League supporters do to belittle the likes of the Knights and other Championship 1 clubs.    There's more to Rugby League than "Fev".   Stop being so conservative.   You're probably the sort of person who would vote UKIP.

Stop disparaging the expansion clubs. Had a lovely trip to Coventry today. Workmanlike performance by the Knights in a nice stadium (Coventry RFC). Attendance about the same as the Knights have been getting with enthusiastic supporters, though they had nothing to cheer till the last 10 minutes. First season in the league and hoping to get better established.

If you made the effort to investigate these clubs instead of sitting in York and moaning you would realise that you have as much right to mock these clubs as Super League supporters do to belittle the likes of the Knights and other Championship 1 clubs. There's more to Rugby League than "Fev". Stop being so conservative. You're probably the sort of person who would vote UKIP.

He doesn't vote ukip.

He doesn't miss a game home or away.

He hasn't missed a game home or away in years.

He also has a point. Yes we're second, but in all honesty, none of the traditional clubs have really been tested this season. This league is rigged so the trads meet in the playoffs. That is when we'll know where we are.

John Guildford of York City Knights - What a guy!

Our club, Our city, Our choice. #GuildfordOut

Bit scrappy again yesterday, but not surprising in some ways with all the team changes, but the lads did the business again, thought Brad Nicko, Micky Learmonth and Tonker were outstanding & young Adam Dent also deserves a mention, great set up & hospitality at Coventry, really hope they have more success in the future

Great performance by the team today, especially with Dent and Brining out injured. What a hit on that Cov player by Learmonth as well, nearly knocked him into next week!

We're playing some fantastic stuff and have been all season (bar one or two games) and full credit to Fordy and the lads for doing what they do best.

It's such a shame that people question my support for the team, even though I have traveled to places such as Oxford, Gloucestershire, Hemel, Oxford, London etc. time after time, just because I don't agree with what the board are doing, it doesn't mean I don't support the lads. "support the team, not the regime" as they say. It's a great ground at Coventry and I wish them all the best, but we shouldn't be playing these teams. Heard a little rumour though that Coventry may be playing at the Ricoh Arena soon today which would be interesting yet bizarre if they do. Means they'd have the largest stadium in RL wouldn't they?

What's more disappointing though is the fact politics and personal attacks are being brought in on this forum by certain members. It's fair enough having a debate about a discussion but then you don't attack someone for their personal views and who they vote for.

Take Shades for example, I don't agree with him 90% of the time, the 10% probably being about how good of a team we are, I think he talks total BS most of the time! But I would never attack him or question who he votes for in an election. I actually hold Shades in quite high regard as he goes all over spending a lot of time and money watching the team and value his opinion - even if after a bit of thought I think it's BS!

So to discriminate against someone for who they vote for is a new low for this forum and it's a shame we have supporters like that when we have such a great side playing great rugby. 

Anyway, see you all next Sunday!

(for the record, I have never voted UKIP)

Not sure about the % of BS's TTT !! - with you going to so many games you maybe know who I/we speak to before & after games and therefore try to get an understanding of what is actually happening and give a bit of an indication on here, the point I am making is that it's an opinion based on facts (example - after yesterday, more convinced than ever that a particular comment on this topic is way, way wide of the mark)

Now there's now't clever about the above - but if you ask you usually you get an insight because the people who run the club know how much we care about the club, a few weeks back total shock when I heard one 'well known loud' supporter who was not happy then say 'well - there's 2 sides to all this isn't there''....

But back to the point of you're post, entirely agree with the sentiments, not sure actually who you are but happy to have a chat Sunday

I should probably clear up the above, when I say board, I understand I may have been wrong about them doing sweet FA since they got here (but to be fair, it has taken them 7 months!).

Baldwin and co seem to have done quite well, it's one man I don't agree with, would happily see a club without him but Baldwin, Jennings and Knowles running the show.

As a side note, does anyone think that they should regionalise league one in to North and South, would fix the problem as Andy mentioned about the league being rigged.

Only problem is that once a southern team were promoted, they'd probably get battered every week in the Championship and if a northernly league one club ends up in the southern section, there'd be all hell on.

Re. floodlights, is it not possible to switch the fixtures so that we play NWC away on a night and home on the Sunday we are due to play away. Sure we switched the London Skolars fixture last season due to the TDF. Alternatively there is Fev for a game I suppose.

Stop disparaging the expansion clubs.   Had a lovely trip to Coventry today.   Workmanlike performance by the Knights in a nice stadium (Coventry RFC).   Attendance about the same as the Knights have been getting with enthusiastic supporters, though they had nothing to cheer till the last 10 minutes.   First season in the league and hoping to get better established.

If you made the effort to investigate these clubs instead of sitting in York and moaning you would realise that you have as much right to mock these clubs as Super League supporters do to belittle the likes of the Knights and other Championship 1 clubs.    There's more to Rugby League than "Fev".   Stop being so conservative.   You're probably the sort of person who would vote UKIP.

I wish to withdraw the last remark.   I'd had a couple of drinks when I wrote it and appreciate this is not a political forum.   Having returned from Coventry and seen the set-up and the effort that a few people are putting in, both there and at the other expansion clubs, I thought it was unfair for Toby the Tram to say that nobody cares about these clubs.   They are having a hard time this season to make a breakthrough and the experiment may fail in the future as previous ones have done, but I agree with the RFL's aim of trying to make Rugby League more than a regional game.

If indeed TTT goes to all these games, I would have thought he might appreciate the hard work of a few dedicated people.   Whether we should be in the same division as these clubs is another matter......

I never said people don't care about these clubs, plenty of people do care. 

What I am saying is there are lots of people in York who don't care about them as they are used to watching York play the likes of Fev, Dewsbury, Batley and for those that are older, the bigger clubs week in week out. 

Attendances drop of because people don't want to watch us play, essentially and amateur team or a University team for the high price of £15.  

! apologise unreservedly to Toby The Tram for my previous post (#15).   I feel mortified at the way it came out.   It looks terrible and is not what I'm about at all.   I only joined this forum a couple of months ago, hoping to encourage support for the team because I thought this had got lost in all the bickering and negativity.   Unfortunately, I seem to have fallen into the same trap.

I only want what's best for the club which I have supported since they started (and their predecessors since the late 60s).   I shall re-read any future comments carefully before posting them.   At least things are looking up now, with James Ford talking about planning for next season, although of course a change of ownership is looking far less likely now. 

Good luck to the team for the rest of the season and best wishes to all Knights supporters.

Archived