Monday

rockerlad

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone noticed town, haven and reds are all at home on Monday all 15:00 kick offs.

Reds tried to get the game moved to 6pm but rams bottom United wouldn't agree to this.

Bit of a dilemma for you marra............reds or haven ? ;)

900 on Sunday ... Yep 450 wouldn't be a huge shock . Terrible scheduling , I'm sure every team could do with this week off before the final push . And bank holiday Monday ? RFL is a strange creature

I will be at reds Marra only made 1 have game rid season, managed 3 town games as well.

Question for you Rockerlad and all Workingtonians out there......The male and female on the Workington Borough/ Reds crest.....what are their names ? ( I know the answer but don't think many will) ;) Smug git

I keep reading , fatigue , looked tired , could do with a week off maybe etc , are we forgetting that the season has just returned from a 2 week break to go into the 8's ??

maybe it was just because we were up against a rejuvenated fev and we expected an easier ride (fans wise). We didn't win the battle down the middle so maybe looked a little tired. Donny won't be as strong but won't be a walkover.

Whatever the reason we looked like their wasn't much in the tank in the second half and the intensity wasn't there . Hopefully just one of those days , allied to strong opponents and weak officiating . Donny are improved , but we have to be honest , there are zero excuses for not beating a team who's lost 25 from 26 , at home . Then it's a three game shoot out

I keep reading , fatigue , looked tired , could do with a week off maybe etc , are we forgetting that the season has just returned from a 2 week break to go into the 8's ??

I just hope our players feel a bit more enthusiastic than I do with these "Super 8's".     Not wishing to **** on anyone's parade but once the relegation positions were more or less decided my interest as waned somewhat.     I get the feeling that a lot of fans are getting that way not only ours but other teams as well and attendances are going down all over the place.    By moving up one place we go from a relegation fight to talking about semi-finals of the bottom 8 play-offs.     Don't get me wrong I will be there for our last 2 home matches and wanting the lads to win but this competition for me is one made on the hoof simply to satisfy the top 4 in our league having a slim chance of promotion to SL.   Maybe it's an age thing!!!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

I just hope our players feel a bit more enthusiastic than I do with these "Super 8's".     Not wishing to **** on anyone's parade but once the relegation positions were more or less decided my interest as waned somewhat.     I get the feeling that a lot of fans are getting that way not only ours but other teams as well and attendances are going down all over the place.    By moving up one place we go from a relegation fight to talking about semi-finals of the bottom 8 play-offs.     Don't get me wrong I will be there for our last 2 home matches and wanting the lads to win but this competition for me is one made on the hoof simply to satisfy the top 4 in our league having a slim chance of promotion to SL.   Maybe it's an age thing!!!!!

to be fair keith i reckon whoever finishes 4th be it haven or town stand a great chance of winning it but at the end of the day its just a losers trophy if you know what i mean nut it would still be nice to win

I just hope our players feel a bit more enthusiastic than I do with these "Super 8's". Not wishing to **** on anyone's parade but once the relegation positions were more or less decided my interest as waned somewhat. I get the feeling that a lot of fans are getting that way not only ours but other teams as well and attendances are going down all over the place. By moving up one place we go from a relegation fight to talking about semi-finals of the bottom 8 play-offs. Don't get me wrong I will be there for our 8's dont feel anything like suoerlast 2 home matches and wanting the lads to win but this competition for me is one made on the hoof simply to satisfy the top 4 in our league having a slim chance of promotion to SL. Maybe it's an age thing!!!!!

i agree and these so called super 8's don't feel anything like super. A win on Monday and we are safe with 3 games to play. That's mission accomplished I.M.O.

Archived