Bradford Bulls v Hull FC

5 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Bradford
    • Hull
    • Draw

I'd just like to defend Stuart Reardon (at least for today). I don't think he was that bad and at least looked like he wanted to take the game to Hull.

Agreed. Some howlers from him but also some sh!te passes to contend with. He doesn't get much quality ball to do anything with. Any left sided attack stops at Nero, or we favour the right hand side of Menzies, Platt and Sheriffe.

He tries, but as with Sheriffe and Halley, the dummy half scoots simply don't work as a tactic. :dry: I agree that sometimes it takes workload off the props but they just end up being tackled 5m away by the markers or those near the ruck. Wasteful and infruriating time and time again.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was something reassuring about being greeted by leaden skies, a howling wind and even a little rain in the middle of a beautiful spell of weather.

What...even when you're wearing shorts...

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I've never seen a team have to do so little to get a win as Hull did yesterday. Seriously, I mean talk about gifting someone the win. The first FC try, the Bulls players were tackling themselves FFS! Apart from the last try (which was spectacular by the way) they never properly threatened and the Bulls just utterlly collapsed from the start.

The team did superbly to get back to a draw IMO - it was a completely different Bulls side who came out in the second half but the last try for Hull really was the gamebreaker - which was strange as there was plenty of time left to get the win, but it took all the wind out of the Bradford sails. Gutting - yesterday sums up the past two years for me.

Also - what a lot of bizzare decisions by the ref and his assitants yesterday (for both sides before anyone starts). From Hull getting the tap on the 20, despite Tansey apparrently touching the ball before it went out in the opening sets - to the Touch Judge apparently overrulling a decision the in goal ref had made despite the touchy being about 40 meters away and the in goal fella 2 meters. Then the decision out of the blue to give the Bulls a penalty for Hull not playing the ball properly in the first half! You can't tell me every other PTB was correct in that game, so why blow for that? I'm not saying these decisions affected the outcome of the game at all - but it needs to be pointed out - the decisions weren't wrong because they were going against us or anything - they were just downright mad a lot of the time!

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

You should frame that quote, MM! Looks like they found another 15minutes from somewhere. :D

I stand by my comment. Hull managed to hang on scoring a try against the run of play, but Bradford still looked like scoring if the Hull-biased Radio Blunderside commentary was anything to go by.

A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. ~ Oscar Wilde

I've never seen a team have to do so little to get a win as Hull did yesterday. Seriously, I mean talk about gifting someone the win. The first FC try, the Bulls players were tackling themselves FFS! Apart from the last try (which was spectacular by the way) they never properly threatened and the Bulls just utterlly collapsed from the start.

The team did superbly to get back to a draw IMO - it was a completely different Bulls side who came out in the second half but the last try for Hull really was the gamebreaker - which was strange as there was plenty of time left to get the win, but it took all the wind out of the Bradford sails. Gutting - yesterday sums up the past two years for me.

Also - what a lot of bizzare decisions by the ref and his assitants yesterday (for both sides before anyone starts). From Hull getting the tap on the 20, despite Tansey apparrently touching the ball before it went out in the opening sets - to the Touch Judge apparently overrulling a decision the in goal ref had made despite the touchy being about 40 meters away and the in goal fella 2 meters. Then the decision out of the blue to give the Bulls a penalty for Hull not playing the ball properly in the first half! You can't tell me every other PTB was correct in that game, so why blow for that? I'm not saying these decisions affected the outcome of the game at all - but it needs to be pointed out - the decisions weren't wrong because they were going against us or anything - they were just downright mad a lot of the time!

That had me close to boiling point I must say.

From the replay I've seen the Kopzcak no try should of stood as Sheriffe knocks the ball backwards and in the freeze frame you clearly see Kopzcak with sufficient downward pressure.

But it's history as the referee didn't give it, just expect McNamara to bring this up midweek on the back of the T&A.

And expect you to make a thread out of it! :rolleyes:;)

sha la la la la la la la

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

And expect you to make a thread out of it! :rolleyes:;)

Oh yes, well Kopzcak swears he got the ball down and Mr Murphy says it was a try, I've seen the replay and it was a try.

But I won't say we were robbed because of that first half performance.

So does this mean after Southernwood and Halley were dropped after the Cas game, we can assume that Sykes will be "rested" Two soppy tackles allowing for tries and the interception pass well inside his own half? 18 points there :dry:

As the only goal kicker on the field for eighty minutes, and a major 'go to ' man for in field kicks, I'd say Sykesy was pretty fireproof, tbh.

To take it a bit wider than just the last match, I'm not sure it's really fair to blame someone like Sykes. For sure he's not the answer to all our problems, but after Orford was crocked and Kearney was put back to fullback (where, to be fair, in a free ranging role he's probably more effective than at no. 6) he did stick his hand up and take over as playmaker in the halves and, for my money, he plays his heart out for the club.

He's a centre/full back, utility back if you like, but not a half and certainly not really a main playmaker. To be honest in our current situation I'm happy with anybody who tries hard and does their best.

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31337109@N03/