One Game Together Conference In Liverpool

Chanter

Jason Moore quoting on Twitter about the USA sporting money market RLWC 

Jason Moore: "it's a huge market. It represents probably 44 per cent of the world sports market money" #onegametogethee

Collier: "If we're going to make a leap for the game we have to get into some of these new markets. We have to virtually double our income'

I was not sure where to put this, but been catching up on what was "agreed" by the RLIF board. Basically, not as much as hoped but some real progress.

2021 and 2025 world cups pretty much inked in. Still pushing for an 8 team comp but the target date is 2023 for that. With a northern hemisphere World Cup followed by the US one I am guessing that this tournament would be down under... subject to bids.

The RLIF would like to have a 9s World Cup, but no date has been set for that.

Turning then to the next 4 years, 2017 World Cup and 2018 probably kiwi your, as the Aussies cannot play then. This is because of the NRL agreement with their players' association, and not the ARL. So it is the Aussie players to blame!

The other 2 years are up for grabs, though there will be qualifying matches for 2021 to be factored in.

In the next 4 years I have not worked out whether the NRL deal goes out that far, but there will be the 8 team comp in 2023, leaving us a year either side.

There will be an international mid season window each year with international games taking precedence.

If this had gone more to plan we would have had 2017 World Cup 2018 Kiwis here 2019 8 teams Cup 2020 ashes tour 2021 World Cup.

We advance by degrees rather than taking strides forward.

One thing to bear in mind is that the World Cup deals have already guaranteed far more money to be available to the RLIF to invest in countries. In line with the strategy document this will be focussed on the teams below the top 3 with an emphasis on developing a G20 country. So, likely to be much more money for the international side of things in France, the US, Canada, Wales and Scotland.

This is a somewhat invisible benefit but is a major step change for us.

Finally, it is worth bearing in mind that the North America vision is VERY enthusiastically supported by the NRL and the Aussies more broadly. The RLIF may be based here but the Aussies have arguably all the very big hitters with influence.

The 8 yeam comp will only be from 2023? Where have you got that drom EW?

Based on some of the bits of news leaking its probably me moving on from international RL. Other sports can scratch that itch.

Interested to see what is officially announced in time.

The 8 yeam comp will only be from 2023? Where have you got that drom EW?

Based on some of the bits of news leaking its probably me moving on from international RL. Other sports can scratch that itch.

Interested to see what is officially announced in time.

B****y hell! I knew this was coming. 

David Collier is a cricket man. The Confed Cup is basically the RL version of cricket's Champions Trophy. The 9s WC is basically the World 20/20. He has some great ideas but getting them past the firewall that is Nigel Wood, John Grant and the NZ  guy is another matter.

How can we not take this opportunity to bring it in for 2019? Please tell me we are not going to go back to PNG, Fiji and Tonga playing one test match a year between 2017 and 2021. 2023? FFS - are you kidding me? 

I will be honest and say that I felt like weeping when I saw the gap between what could have been and what we may end up with. My post was my attempt to make the most of it...

How can Nigel Wood be replaced?

He is a follower not a leader. He has a track record of folding like a pack of cards when challenged (e.g. Beaumont and the salary cap). If this is true it has pretty much ruined my year.

I will be honest and say that I felt like weeping when I saw the gap between what could have been and what we may end up with. My post was my attempt to make the most of it...

How can Nigel Wood be replaced?

By the clubs not voting for renewal of his term. Ergo he must be doing a grand job.

030910105148.jpg

http://www.wiganstpats.org

Producing Players Since 1910

Where is the progress in what is emerging?

Two World Cups planned but we knew that. Admittedly one may be in the US.

Confed cup likely to start in 7 years - i wont hold my breath.

Return of Ashes. Id sacrifice that for an 8 team tournament any day of the week.

They want 9s but havent bothered organising owt.

Great stuff lads, well done.

What a disgrace, what a shambles. This is where we really need our RL press to rip these idiots a new one.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

What a disgrace, what a shambles. This is where we really need our RL press to rip these idiots a new one.

no doubt RLW will feauture a hard hitting article like they did about the 4N organisation which was basically a propaganda piece.

one of the most depressing articles i have read for a long time - particularly with all his bs about the 'three major nations'.

Terrible.

I honestly feared this was coming and the less that came out the meeting last week the more the realisation hit home. This article basically emphasises that the RLIF is Aus, NZ and England and not for the whole game. How can you have the chairman and vice-chairman being the heads of the two full time professional leagues?

The RLIF should be signing countries to commit to a minimum number of test matches per year. Get it signed in a statute. The NRL players association should not be dictating international RL policy. If they want a year when players play less then put a cap on the number of games they play in a season not number of tests.

This game can no longer call itself innovative. It has created a group of 10-20 nations and now it has no clue or no vision of what to do with them. The stalling of the Confed Cup is a penny pinching exercise from a RLIF Chairman who has a proven track record for corner shop management.

I am so ###### off I cannot describe it. I'm calling it now, the chances of a World Cup being staged in the USA/Canada in 2025 is less that 50/50. So ###### off!!  

Not sure they could do a better job of stopping international progress if they tried.

The two men at the top of the RLIF would be effectively diluting their bread and butter if International RL takes off. Promote internationals a bit but not enough for it to take off and challenge their cosy little cottage industries.

Im pretty much done with this rubbish. Utter waste of time. Would love them to be taken to task but wont happen. The sport is a joke.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

Archived