Wakefield players to move on

jamescolin

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I reckon we are covered for hookers, so Godinet unlikely. I think we need perhaps another centre, a stand off, and a couple of props.

I reckon we are covered for hookers, so Godinet unlikely. I think we need perhaps another centre, a stand off, and a couple of props.

I agree. So who are we getting and when. Loads of good players gone where are their replacements? Are the Leeds players still coming? Is Briggs still likely? Training starts next week and we have nothing like a complete team that could compete.

Godinet played for us v fax last year in the away win and didnt break any pots

He'd hardly be likely to given that he'd probably only had 1 training session with the rest of the team.

Anyway, I see Harry Siejka's been released by the Bulls .........................................................................................

Although he's fortunately gone back to Oz.

I reckon we've defo signed more than we are letting on...... There' could be plenty of reasons why we haven't formally announced certain players.... Other clubs could want us to keep quiet til they sign replacements...... I'll worry of we're still short at Christmas..... I do expect a fee more in before Wednesday though

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

Why Wednesday?

As reported on here on 5th November by Pont rover

The 2016 Kingstone Press Championship Season is rapidly approaching and with the squad returning to pre-season training on Monday evening we are delighted to announce that we will be hosting a “Meet and Greet” the squad night on Wednesday 11th November where we will also be unveiling the designs for our 2016 playing and replica kits. The Cappers Bar will be open from 6.30pm with the formalities kicking off at 7.30pm.

Featherstone Rovers Chairman Mark Campbell said “We finished last season on a high under Jon Sharp which cumulated in lifting the Kingstone Press Championship Shield with our fine victory against London Broncos. Jon and I have been working very hard assembling a competitive squad for next year and with some announcements still to come, we are really excited about the forthcoming season.

“The players start pre-season next week and I know all the players and coaching staff are eager to get started and working hard utilising our excellent facilities that we have. It’s a new season for us, it feels like a new start and I can’t wait for the pre-season fixtures to start after Christmas. We’ve just about finalised our pre-season programme of fixtures which will be announced shortly so it’s all systems go for a exciting and successful year.

“As well as meeting the new squad on Wednesday we’ll also be unveiling the design of our 2016 home and away shirts. The designs are brilliant and I’m positive they will prove to be our most popular kit for a number of years. We’ll be taking pre-orders on the night for when they go on sale in December as we are only getting a limited number to start with and as we announced earlier this week, season tickets are selling well so there is plenty to look forward to!

“It would be great to see a packed Cappers Bar on Wednesday to welcome our new squad and to build momentum for 2016.”

Supporters can take advantage of Early Bird prices if purchasing their season ticket before 30th November with adult season tickets costing £150, concessions £100 and juniors costing £40 during this period. Season tickets can be purchased by calling 01977 702386, online and by visiting the main office at the Big Fella’s Stadium Monday-Friday (9am-5pm) and Saturday morning (10am-midday).

Im Fev and im proud

Think its pretty exciting to be a fev fan at the minute, were going through a re building phase, weve signed some decent players with more to come in,weve half a dozen good young lads coming through and everybodys writing us off, and traditionally thats when were at our best especially in the blue and white hoops.

Think its pretty exciting to be a fev fan at the minute, were going through a re building phase, weve signed some decent players with more to come in,weve half a dozen good young lads coming through and everybodys writing us off, and traditionally thats when were at our best especially in the blue and white hoops.

This quote!

10527261_10152163584386971_3057229316284

Im not sure everyone is writing you off or if they are what are they writing you off from? Realistaically you wont be top 2 but no one other than Bradford and Leigh will be. For me I reckon you will be amongst the same group as last season fighting for the top 4. It will be interesting to see how you go next season and to me you look a little light in the forwards and given your defence last season was probably worse than mediocre it will be intersting to see how Sharp's structures work. You had no problems scoring points last season but a massive change in backline personel will take time to gel and it could cause a problem if the rumours about the 2 half backs turing them down are true and they have to go with a stop gap.

On the signings note Scott Wheeldon is a decent signing for Sheffield but they also still look very light.

League Weekly says we have him on a season's loan. Beating Halifax for his signature.

As i posted before, Fax wouldnt budge on their offer which was to sign him on a permanent basis. I feel bad for Danny because he wanted to come to Fax but Widnes are not playing ball asking for stupid amounts of money for a player they see as having no future at their club. He would be a good signing for Fev. If its not too painful watch the ighlights against Fax from last season.

See attached file, my report of the game in which I nominated Danny Craven as Man of the Match for an outstanding display.

It would be difficult to choose as the better option: Briggs or Craven. Either would suit Fev well, although if it was Craven they would need a goalkicker and would miss Kyle's long kicking game, which often relieves pressure from deep within your own half. Craven would add more pace however, but I don't know what his kicking's like?

Blue Ox: Do you have any comments to make on his ability as a kicker?

Featherstone V Halifax (1).doc

See attached file, my report of the game in which I nominated Danny Craven as Man of the Match for an outstanding display.

It would be difficult to choose as the better option: Briggs or Craven. Either would suit Fev well, although if it was Craven they would need a goalkicker and would miss Kyle's long kicking game, which often relieves pressure from deep within your own half. Craven would add more pace however, but I don't know what his kicking's like?

Blue Ox: Do you have any comments to make on his ability as a kicker?

Personally I would rather have Briggs over Craven if it were a choice between them,we know exactly what Kyle can bring to Fev and he would be signing on a contract rather than a loan,which would bring more stability to the squad.I had heard Sheffield had made him an improved conditioned offer but that's only rumour so I guess we will just have to see.

Forza Fev

Archived