• France by 1 to 6 points
    • Draw
    • England by 1 to 6 points
    • England by 7 to 12 points
    • England by 13 points or more

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we'll do them by about 30 points.

It'd be fantastic to lose by 30... 

Here is what the team will probably look like according to the newspaper :

Gigot

Pala, Garcia, Duport, Arnaud

Robin, Barthau

Bousquet, Pelissier, Simon

Perez, Jullien

Larroyer

INT : Casty, Springer, Navarrete, Bonnet. 

But Arnaud, Pelissier and Casty are uncertain. Without Arnaud, we have no "real" winger left and I'd rather have Arnaud at FB with Gigot at centre in order to place Garcia at loose forward instead of Larroyer. 

I'd say we're in for another 80 points drubbing.

Whatever madness makes Catalans think Gigot is a full-back instead of a centre has obviously infected the national team too.

I don't get why we haven't selected Escaré and Maurel from Toulouse. 

Escaré is not exactly in the best of form but we lack players so much... We don't even have one single back up winger at this point if Arnaud can't play, we will have two centres (Duport and Pala) at wing and two forwards (Garcia and Jullien) at centres. 

To me, it would make more sense to get Escaré at fullback and slide Gigot to centre. Barthau - Robin is not a SL pair of halves. I'm not sure Larroyer can handle the loose forward spot. 

On the other hands, good point : Bousquet and Springer will bring a lot of size, Navarrete will bring agressiveness. 

When the Aussies won the last rugby World Cup, having beaten us they focused intently on structure and intensity, building combinations and patterns that they then executed to perfection in the semi and final. We must do the same, and ignore the score board. We have big fish to fry if we get this right.

It'd be fantastic to lose by 30...

Here is what the team will probably look like according to the newspaper :

Gigot

Pala, Garcia, Duport, Arnaud

Robin, Barthau

Bousquet, Pelissier, Simon

Perez, Jullien

Larroyer

INT : Casty, Springer, Navarrete, Bonnet.

But Arnaud, Pelissier and Casty are uncertain. Without Arnaud, we have no "real" winger left and I'd rather have Arnaud at FB with Gigot at centre in order to place Garcia at loose forward instead of Larroyer.

I'd say we're in for another 80 points drubbing.

If that's the team I think it's the wrong one, the back row looks a bit on the slight side. Yes Perez and Julien have great potential but this might be a bit too early for them. I'm not understanding why Garcia gets played at centre, he's not a centre and would benefit France by playing loose forward. Another drubbing beckons.

On the flip side I like the look of their bench and really pleased Bonnet will get some game time. He's really sharp out of dummy half and would love to see him play in SL. He's actually the type of player Toulouse should be signing coz I think Kane Bentley is past his best.

When the Aussies won the last rugby World Cup, having beaten us they focused intently on structure and intensity, building combinations and patterns that they then executed to perfection in the semi and final. We must do the same, and ignore the score board. We have big fish to fry if we get this right.

Last time out, we got it wrong and showed no opposition. I expect a first 20 minutes with a lot of hits now that Cologni is back. Springer and Simon toured the medias saying they were not going to play soft. 

For what it's worth I hope we offer you guys a bit of resistance, a good warm up game and a platform to crush NZ and Aussies. 

Last time out, we got it wrong and showed no opposition. I expect a first 20 minutes with a lot of hits now that Cologni is back. Springer and Simon toured the medias saying they were not going to play soft.

For what it's worth I hope we offer you guys a bit of resistance, a good warm up game and a platform to crush NZ and Aussies.

If you're not playing soft, why play Garcia in the centres and not at loose forward? Why not play Casty in the 2nd row? Looking very light in the back row

I think France are in for a real beating this squad looks very weak. I was decrying the phony Scotland team in the 4 nations before, but it might be a blessing in disguise for France.  I cringe when I think about how bad France would get beat by Australia and NZ.

Radio commentary on Five Live Sports Extra, as well as the TV coverage.

A Rugby League tournament warm-up match. On the BBC. TV and Radio. Crikey!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Anyone know if there is a way of setting Red button on BBC to record via Virgin media? Hopefully will end up on iplayer

Not sure about Virgin but the BBC Red Button can be viewed live on Sky Channel 980 (no silly red button pressing) meaning you can record the game.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

Anyone know if there is a way of setting Red button on BBC to record via Virgin media? Hopefully will end up on iplayer

According to Wikipedia (assuming it's up to date), the BBC red button is channel 991 on Virgin Media.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Yep, I give the BBC plenty of stick for their treatment of RL but I take my hat off to them for showing this game.

BBC have been much improved of late IMO, the semis, MPG and grand final getting decent 1 hour highlights packages at afternoon /tea time weekend slots was very refreshing to see.

Archived