Match Thread. Featherstone Rovers v Wakefield Trinity Sunday 10th January 2016

marklaspalmas

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wakefield Wildcats are the visitors to the Big Fella’s Stadium on Sunday 10th January (KICK OFF 3PM) for our next apre-season friendly fixture as we prepare for our 2016 Kingstone Press Championship campaign.

One familiar player in the Wildcats ranks to Rovers supporters is prop Anthony England who enjoyed a successful time at Rovers before Tony Smith signed him for Super League club Warrington Wolves. Now, Anthony has moved back to his native Yorkshire and joined Tony’s brother, Brian at the Wildcats after making 39 appearances in two seasons for Warrington.

On returning to Featherstone for the first time since his departure, Anthony said “It’s nice to be back and Featherstone has changed quite a bit since I left to sign for Warrington a couple of years ago. The stands have been completed now and look great and the training facilities have improved immensely. I know they are modelled on Warrington and they are very impressive. I enjoyed my time at Featherstone and it’s good to see a few familiar faces.

“It’s good to back in Yorkshire as commuting was tough and it’s great to link up with former Rovers teammate Stu Dickens. As usual, pre-season training has been tough so we are looking forward to getting some game time on Sunday and seeing how we have progressed and carry on some momentum from our run out at Headingley against the Rhinos. Hopefully with it being a local derby on Sunday there will be a sizable crowd cheering on both sets of boys as both teams continue preparations for the new season.”

Admission on Sunday is £14 adults, £10 concessions and £3 juniors and tickets can be pre-purchased from the main office at the stadium (open Monday to Friday 9am-5pm and Saturday morning 10am-midday) or from the match ticket office in the main car park on Sunday from midday.

Pre-match hospitality is available in the 1921 Suite for only a £10 upgrade on top of the admission price.

The hospitality packages in the 1921 Suite include:

One course meal with full waitress service served at approximately 2pm

Private cash bar

Half time tea & coffee

Option to watch the game from the 1921 Suite

Pre and post match interviews with Featherstone Rovers Head Coach Jon Sharp and a Rovers player

We have tables of 8 or 10 available but we do take bookings of any denomination.

For more information or to book please call Featherstone Rovers Commercial Manager Paul Taylor on 01977 702386 / 07584 684329 or email paul.taylor@featherstonerovers.net

Im Fev and im proud

There's a youtube interview with Trinity coach Brian Smith saying he will mix the side up, including some players who beat Leeds over Christmas and giving others a chance.

I don't know, but from what Jon Sharp said I think we might be near full strength bar Craven and Spears. Perhaps Bostock will be rested?

First outings in 2016 for Taulapapa and Hardman.

Wakey squad:

19-MAN SQUAD NAMED TO FACE FEATHERSTONE ROVERS

Brian Smith has made eight changes to his side from Boxing Day. Smith has named new recruits Ben Shulver and Anthony Tupou to the 19-man squad to face Featherstone Rovers on Sunday. They will be joined by youngsters Jordan Crowther and Max Jowitt along with Jonny Molloy, Chris Annakin and Anthony Walker who have also been named.

The full squad is: Chris Annakin Tinirau Arona Joe Arundel Jordan Crowther Anthony England Ashley Gibson Craig Hall Stuart Howarth Tom Johnstone Max Jowitt Reece Lyne Jonny Molloy Mikey Sio Ben Shulver Jordan Tansey Anthony Tupou Anthony Walker Jason Walton Andy Yates

Four ex-Fev

Featherstone Rovers Squad

Kyran Johnson

Misi Taulapapa

Anthony Thackeray

Darrell Griffin

Luke Cooper

Jamie Cording

Jack Ormondroyd

Colton Roche

Steve Snitch

John Davies

Ian Hardman

Will Milner

Tim Spears

Matty Wildie

Andy Bostock

Jake Joynt

Sam Day

Scott Turner

Bradley Hill

Michael Channing

Bradley Tagg

Hardman

Johnston

Channing

Taulapapa

Turner

Milner

Thackeray

Griffin

Wildie

Bostock

Snitch

Davies

Spears

I'd rather have Bostock coming off the bench, but your starting line up looks more likely. 

Yes I agree Bostock better impact player, but that's the team I thought Sharpe would go with. We need a Baldwinson upfront who can play the big minutes. Think Sharpe plans to use roach and ormondroyd as front rowers,but think both would be better coming off the bench if there playing front row, I expect ormondroyd to mature this season and have a big year and roach could do good job in the 2nd row, he's not the biggest for a front rower but mobile and direct, and would do well on the fringes.

Archived