Softest player in SL

Boyd - Warrington

Tamati - Warrington

Mills - Widnes

Sorensen - Widnes

Nicholas - Warrington

Is it me or is there a bit of a theme here? Is it the water in Cheshire that makes players 'ard?

I suppose size for size Tuuta must have been the toughest of this era.

But:

Kevin Ward? Keith England? Chris Burton? Kelvin Skerrett? Lee Crooks? Andy Goodway? David Hobbs? I don't think any of them took a backward step.

I could go further back to legendary back row forwards like Derek Turner and Johnny Whiteley.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy Dave isn't your average person! :lol:

Shuttit!! :lol: At full fitness without any injuries I think I could last 2 minutes in an SL level game before getting smashed to kingdom-come. :D

In all fairness I do think some of the fittest Back an RLCN level could possibly last 10-15 mins in an SL level game but I don't know if we have any RLCN (or top level BARLA/NCL?) players on this forum.

"I've never seen a woman with hairy ears... And I've been to St Helens" - John Bishop

But:

Kevin Ward? Keith England? Chris Burton? Kelvin Skerrett? Lee Crooks? Andy Goodway? David Hobbs? I don't think any of them took a backward step.

I could go further back to legendary back row forwards like Derek Turner and Johnny Whiteley.

I never saw Whiteley play but my old man always said he was too nice to be a great loose forward. He reckoned players like Turner wouldn't think twice about taking another player's head off. Chris Burton was known as "Bus stop Burton" by Hull fans for his tendency to stick his arm out quite a bit.

rldfsignature.jpg

Rugby League is far more advanced than it was in the 80s, those players would struggle to make chamipnship sides these days. Iv seen videos from the 80s and even early to mid 90s and the standard is way behind todays game. As for no RL players being soft i beg to differ, did you see Mark Calderwood in the derby biff? he cant fight for toffee.

Rugby League is far more advanced than it was in the 80s, those players would struggle to make chamipnship sides these days. Iv seen videos from the 80s and even early to mid 90s and the standard is way behind todays game. As for no RL players being soft i beg to differ, did you see Mark Calderwood in the derby biff? he cant fight for toffee.

ofcourse the players are technically fitter now,but the skill level is not any better,your saying the likes of kenny,miles,grothe,lewis,,tony myler,andy gregg,steve norton,john woods,dessie drummond,and hundreds of other players would sruggle to play.i wish we had a team of 70,80 players,we would never get beat.the likes of sorenson played for 80 mins not like these 20 min monsters now.

widnesvikings2-1.gif

WIDNES VIKINGS CHESHIRES MOST FAMOUS RUGBY LEAGUE CLUB

ofcourse the players are technically fitter now,but the skill level is not any better,your saying the likes of kenny,miles,grothe,lewis,,tony myler,andy gregg,steve norton,john woods,dessie drummond,and hundreds of other players would sruggle to play.i wish we had a team of 70,80 players,we would never get beat.the likes of sorenson played for 80 mins not like these 20 min monsters now.

Exactly. If the great players from the 70's and 80's had the same access to the same fitness facilities and health education the players of today get then you can't tell me that they wouldn't excel in today's game. The same with any great player from any generation.

Edited by deluded pom?

rldfsignature.jpg

Well I don't like Maguire but you can't call him soft after both Joel Tompkins and now Fielden have bottled it under pressure from him :lol:

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

Well I don't like Maguire but you can't call him soft after both Joel Tompkins and now Fielden have bottled it under pressure from him :lol:

In Fielden's defence, anyone can run full pelt at a bloke standing still with his back turned!

Fielden by a country mile. Flattened by Louis Anderson 2 weeks ago,and hit so hard by a stand off tonight that she lost the ball! Oh,and she's no good at boxing either,just ask Lee Radford! PMSL.

Edited by Wilderspoolmemories

2009 Warrington 25 Hudderfield 16

2010 Warrington 30 Leeds 6

2011 League Leaders Shield Winners

2012 Warrington 35 Leeds 18

Challenge cups and league leaders shields everywhere! We need more silver polish!

Fielden by a country mile. Flattened by Louis Anderson 2 weeks ago,and hit so hard by a stand off tonight that he lost the ball! Oh,and she's no good at boxing either,just ask Lee Radford! PMSL.

But still had a really good game tonight against a very strong pack. That's the thing with Fielden, he will make mistakes and take hits, but he keeps on coming, consistently busts tackles and wins the floor to get quick play the balls, whereas other players disappear after an error or big hit. Wigan's major failing against Warrington was that they were outmanned in the front row - Fielden was never going to get the better of a trio like Morley, Carvell and Wood when his only established support in the front row was Prescott who was atrocious.

Warriors_Logo_Band_396.jpg

oderint dum metuant

But still had a really good game tonight against a very strong pack. That's the thing with Fielden, he will make mistakes and take hits, but he keeps on coming, consistently busts tackles and wins the floor to get quick play the balls, whereas other players disappear after an error or big hit. Wigan's major failing against Warrington was that they were outmanned in the front row - Fielden was never going to get the better of a trio like Morley, Carvell and Wood when his only established support in the front row was Prescott who was atrocious.

And your excuse for him losing possesion tonight when hit by a 12 stone stand off is? :D

Challenge cups and league leaders shields everywhere! We need more silver polish!

And your excuse for him losing possesion tonight when hit by a 12 stone stand off is? :D

Does he need one? Good hit from McGuire on a man with his back turned not expecting the hit. Fielden more than made up for that one error with the rest of his performance.

oderint dum metuant

Oh,and she's no good at boxing either,just ask Lee Radford! PMSL.

And can I be the first to pledge a 100 quid to charity should you ever go toe to toe with him in a boxing ring! :P

And can I be the first to pledge a 100 quid to charity should you ever go toe to toe with him in a boxing ring! :P

Having been a fair old ABA boxer in my time that wouldn't bother me ;)

Having been a fair old ABA boxer in my time that wouldn't bother me ;)

Now I understand where your posts are coming from - clearly knocked a lot of sense out of you and left you with only one functioning eye. ;)

oderint dum metuant

yep I'l add one on as well

name the charity and match the bets.

Even as a Wire I am sorry but Westwood is nowhere near as skillful as Super Sam or Ellis.
Wazza's main industrys are service industries, call centres, warehouses and the public sector nowadays. All three are under threat from the Tory cuts.

Back on topic

Ryan Bailey, as big a shithouse as ive ever seen.

Even as a Wire I am sorry but Westwood is nowhere near as skillful as Super Sam or Ellis.
Wazza's main industrys are service industries, call centres, warehouses and the public sector nowadays. All three are under threat from the Tory cuts.

This Ryan Bailey

Ryan Bailey is an English professional rugby league footballer for Leeds Rhinos of Super League. A Great Britain and England international representative prop forward, he has played his entire career to date at Leeds, having won three Super League championships with the club.

In July 2003, Bailey was found guilty of brawling in the street in Leeds, and was sent to a young offenders' institution for 9 months. The other offenders were: Leeds Rhinos team mates Chev Walker (Eighteen months detention in a young offenders institution) and Dwayne Barker (ordered to do 150 hours of community service); and Rochdale Hornets Paul Owen (jailed for 15 months) .[1]

He played in the 2008 Super League Grand Final victory over St Helens.[2] Ryan has three children called Jordan,Rio and Chyna. Having all three of his children's names tattooed to him, along with his famous 'L' behind his ear standing for long term partner 'Lisa'

He is of Jamaican heritage [3]

250px-Bela_lugosi_dracula.jpgVelcome to ze forum...You must obay ze rules

This Ryan Bailey

Ryan Bailey is an English professional rugby league footballer for Leeds Rhinos of Super League. A Great Britain and England international representative prop forward, he has played his entire career to date at Leeds, having won three Super League championships with the club.

In July 2003, Bailey was found guilty of brawling in the street in Leeds, and was sent to a young offenders' institution for 9 months. The other offenders were: Leeds Rhinos team mates Chev Walker (Eighteen months detention in a young offenders institution) and Dwayne Barker (ordered to do 150 hours of community service); and Rochdale Hornets Paul Owen (jailed for 15 months) .[1]

He played in the 2008 Super League Grand Final victory over St Helens.[2] Ryan has three children called Jordan,Rio and Chyna. Having all three of his children's names tattooed to him, along with his famous 'L' behind his ear standing for long term partner 'Lisa'

He is of Jamaican heritage [3]

So what are you trying to get across to us?

Thank you for your valuable contribution.