Eagles to go full time in 2016

town4me

Where do they get the money from and the players to give up their jobs? Beats me . it's going to make the championship more competitive. Should we remain in this league the BOD are gonna have to work miracles in the off season recruiting to compete with more full timers

Good luck to them, obviously finishing in the top 4 and guaranteed at least half a million pounds has helped them to make this decision. They have been running this season with about 9 or 10 full-time players and staff and they couldn't do that on the gate receipts alone so they must have some very good sponsors.

Geordie Townie, you keep saying there isn't the money in the area but surely the British Energy Coast with the new reactor to be built at Moorside and the underground repository for nuclear waste more than likely to be built this area could see a dramatic increase in funding to this area.    House construction is increasing to cater for more workers in the area because of all this future investment.

There would certainly be enough to fund one team/club but there again that's another story, isn't it?

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

Exactly - Haven might get it but Town certainly won't.

I was hinting at neither!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

but surely the British Energy Coast with the new reactor to be built at Moorside and the underground repository for nuclear waste more than likely to be built this area could see a dramatic increase in funding

at the very least you'll have some pretty scarey home grown talent! Just think a scrum half with four arms and Props that glow in the dark :lol:

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Yes good luck to them with it. It's the crowd numbers that's the issue. It's ok having everything in place but you need fans through the turnstiles if its going to work. You need an audience for the product

Does that mean it's obligatory for everyone to go full time ? What if you're a player who has a good job and doesn't want to give it up for what could be a short term ? They could revert to part time again ! Big big commitment

at the very least you'll have some pretty scarey home grown talent! Just think a scrum half with four arms and Props that glow in the dark :lol:

Ignorant

Think you need to go and get a sense of humour Spacey!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

Archived