Hull FC (H) win

Castleford (H) win

Widnes (A) win

Wakefield (H) win

1. Hull FC.......44

2. Warrington..41

3. Wigan........40

4. St Helens....40

One win will be enough to guarantee 3rd or above with our superior points difference over Saints, but they have got the best of the run-ins with Hull the week after the Cup Final and the mid-table sides.

The Wigan game is huge and if we lose that I can see us slipping to third.

My prediction sees a LLS final vs Warrington!... Then a Grand Final against them! I hope!

What we thinking?

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

It is too close to call and should go down to the last match. The fact that if it is 1v2 in the last game then other than the league leaders shield the net result is the same for both clubs - home game to grand final.

Would be more on the line if either could drop out of the top 2 on the last game.

Don't want to play at home if we're against Saints. Not got the best home record although Langtree Park is normally a walkover. I'd swap the hubcap for a home game against Wigan in third.

How come Eddie's never mentioned this on Sky?

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Great to see such confidence. What a difference a year makes.

I wonder whether there is a counter argument that Wigan may turn out to be more than the makeweights in the Wire - FC carve up? Interesting that they are queuing up to play us - are we that dire?

A week off, men not just back but match fit, no Wembley - which history suggests can take its toll, particularly on the older generation of players - these should help us.

I didn't detect a gulf between Wigan and FC in the semi final, and we may well have 5 changes for the better in the re match.

My prediction is that whoever loses on Saturday will win nothing and not make it to the Grand Final. Wigan will be perfectly placed to unleash everything at a tired and emotional FC in a couple of weeks, Wire will dip after Wembley. We will finish top, and play one of FC and Wire in the GF. Don't mind which at that point.

As you say EW, great to see such confidence.

Let's hope all the games in the run in are close, hard fought affairs.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Wire have a sun break the week after to recuperate.

Don't take the option to choose Wigan as a slur. It isn't. The gist of my post was to highlight the track record at home against Saints.

There was a Saints fan on radio last week saying that they didn't think Wire would make the playoffs (this was before the Wigan Saints match) and that made my blood boil with the supposed disrespect, so I understand where EW is coming from.

PS the only time you can switch off against Wigan is when the hooter has sounded.

Just discussing this on the FC forum.

Four games left:

1. Hull FC.......38 +208

2. Warrington..37 +279

3.Wigan........36 +74

4. St Helens....32 +37

Hull FC

St Helens (A) lose

Wigan (H) win

Wakefield (A) win

Warrington (H) win

Warrington

Catalans (A) lose

Widnes (H) win

Wigan (H) win

Hull FC (A) lose

Wigan

Widnes (H) win

Hull FC (A) lose

Warrington (A) lose

Catalans (H) win

St Helens

Hull FC (H) win

Castleford (H) win

Widnes (A) win

Wakefield (H) win

1. Hull FC.......44

2. Warrington..41

3. Wigan........40

4. St Helens....40

One win will be enough to guarantee 3rd or above with our superior points difference over Saints, but they have got the best of the run-ins with Hull the week after the Cup Final and the mid-table sides.

The Wigan game is huge and if we lose that I can see us slipping to third.

My prediction sees a LLS final vs Warrington!... Then a Grand Final against them! I hope!

What we thinking?

Not so sure about Wire losing at Cats. Cats are all over the place right now, Myler, Bosc, Carney out, so very little experience to organise the team around the pitch. I can see Wire winning that one.

Archived