Boots n' All

It was... actually quite good.

Decent bit of analysis (way short of what we'd like to can see, but better than it used to be), pretty good feature on JJB and Paul Wood, and a great piece on Garry Purdham and the England-Cumbria game. The last bit was the sort of thing that made you proud to be part of the game, fantastic stuff all round. Oh, and well done Hunslet.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

I watched Boots N All last week for the first time this season. I'd completely given up watching because it was making me want to throw things at the telly. I've skyplus'd tonights show to watch tomorrow.

Agree that Jon Wells is a superb addition. It could improve further by getting Brian Carney to present it - I watched a few of the Supermen of Super League (or whatever it's called) on Skyplayer the other day and I reckon Brian could become a very, very good presenter. Bill Arthur is okay at pitchside, but in the studio he comes across as an enthusiastic amateur (almost like he's in the Halifax adverts).

Moral of the story is; time for Eddie and Stevo to be gradually put out to grass - Sky can then give us the mature, insightful coverage that we all deserve.

So he says - "You're not a real fishmonger, you've just done a plop in the wrong lavatory..."

I watched Boots N All last week for the first time this season. I'd completely given up watching because it was making me want to throw things at the telly. I've skyplus'd tonights show to watch tomorrow.

Agree that Jon Wells is a superb addition. It could improve further by getting Brian Carney to present it - I watched a few of the Supermen of Super League (or whatever it's called) on Skyplayer the other day and I reckon Brian could become a very, very good presenter. Bill Arthur is okay at pitchside, but in the studio he comes across as an enthusiastic amateur (almost like he's in the Halifax adverts).

Moral of the story is; time for Eddie and Stevo to be gradually put out to grass - Sky can then give us the mature, insightful coverage that we all deserve.

Makes a big difference IMO to have someone presenting it who doesnt think they know everything like edie does.. the presenter should be the facilitator to get the experts to talk.. carney would be wasted in that role IMO very good interviewing becuase he has the knowledge but i thikn he is better in one of hte "expert" chairs for BnA.. been much beter since eddie has not been doing it (not watched last night though, like you sky plussed it).. Bill is better but i would love to see the guy who did the world cup programmes come back..

the Rugby Union show is nicely polished and IMO its the way they have a presenter who can get the others talking, which eddie could never do without adding his two penneth and starting an argument.

Thought it was excellent, great for my club (Hunslet) to get some good publicity for our achievement this season. i thought Stephen Ball was a credit to Hunslet and the RFL for his work with the benevolent fund!!

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

Makes a big difference IMO to have someone presenting it who doesnt think they know everything like edie does.. the presenter should be the facilitator to get the experts to talk.. carney would be wasted in that role IMO very good interviewing becuase he has the knowledge but i thikn he is better in one of hte "expert" chairs for BnA.. been much beter since eddie has not been doing it (not watched last night though, like you sky plussed it).. Bill is better but i would love to see the guy who did the world cup programmes come back..

the Rugby Union show is nicely polished and IMO its the way they have a presenter who can get the others talking, which eddie could never do without adding his two penneth and starting an argument.

Yep you might be right there about Brian Carney - but we definitely deserve a new anchor in place for all RL coverage on Sky. Have now watched this weeks show and unfortunately Hemmings was back in the presenters chair - excellent analysis again from Jon Wells, but spoiled by Eddie's glassy stare after each segment followed by the usual glib comment.

I think Sky could learn from the BBC on this - get someone in like Clare Balding who shows genuine enthusiasm for the game, who doesn't claim to have an opinion worthy of discussion, and who doesn't preach to the converted with patronising scripted hyperbole.

Oh and BTW, agree wholeheartedly with previous comment on Stephen Ball - he's doing some great work.

Edited by Maltese Falcon

So he says - "You're not a real fishmonger, you've just done a plop in the wrong lavatory..."

Yep you might be right there about Brian Carney - but we definitely deserve a new anchor in place for all RL coverage on Sky. Have now watched this weeks show and unfortunately Hemmings was back in the presenters chair - excellent analysis again from Jon Wells, but spoiled by Eddie's glassy stare after each segment followed by the usual glib comment.

I think Sky could learn from the BBC on this - get someone in like Clare Balding who shows genuine enthusiasm for the game, who doesn't claim to have an opinion worthy of discussion, and who doesn't preach to the converted with patronising scripted hyperbole.

Oh and BTW, agree wholeheartedly with previous comment on Stephen Ball - he's doing some great work.

yes i saw this weeks on friday and eddie was his usual self again!

please give us someone to anchor all this properly!!!

the presenter should be the facilitator to get the experts to talk..

and there was eddie last night arguing the toss with carney and mcdermott and talking over their "expert opinion" Carney looking more and more p*ssed off as the first segment went on biting his tongue it looked to me.. but eddie talking over them had me shouting "shut up for gods sake let them talk!" at the tv!!!

tuirned off at the first break will watch the rest at another point was watching the late night repeat anyway and wanted to go to bed, especially after watching the first part.. it is no way to run the flagship magazine programme.. get someone presenting it who doesnt give his two penneth of balls all the time for gods sake please!

O connor not mcdermott, but i did exactly what you did, turned off after 1st break. Eddie asks them a question , they start to answer and then he interupts them when they are trying to answer his questions. idiot.

i was thinking O'Connor but wrote mcdermott for some strange reason.. maybe it shows how interchangable they are!

I know Stevo comes in for a lot of stick, but Eddie Hemmings is the worst of the lot. Last night Brian Carney was trying to make some good points, but Eddie kept interrupting him to make stupid crass remarks, which I assume he thinks are funny, but just make him look daft. Terry O'Connor never seems to know what he's talking about half the time, and I suppose we should be thankful that his mate Barrie McDermott isn't on as much as he used to be.

Both Carney and Phil Clarke look exasperated at times on the show and really deserve better. I'll never know why Sky didn't try and get John Davies, who did the WC coverage, to do more on the RL side - unless he didn't fancy it. There are so many big issues that could be addressed on Boots n All, but they all end up being trivialised.

I know Stevo comes in for a lot of stick, but Eddie Hemmings is the worst of the lot. Last night Brian Carney was trying to make some good points, but Eddie kept interrupting him to make stupid crass remarks, which I assume he thinks are funny, but just make him look daft. Terry O'Connor never seems to know what he's talking about half the time, and I suppose we should be thankful that his mate Barrie McDermott isn't on as much as he used to be.

Both Carney and Phil Clarke look exasperated at times on the show and really deserve better. I'll never know why Sky didn't try and get John Davies, who did the WC coverage, to do more on the RL side - unless he didn't fancy it. There are so many big issues that could be addressed on Boots n All, but they all end up being trivialised.

that last paragraph is spot on.. carney and clarke will give up on it if we're not careful.. hemmings needs to know when to shut it but would love to get the world cup chap on board.

Both Hemmings and Stevo are so far past their sell buy dates,it really is embarassing.Davies would be better,but frankly even Bill Arthur would be better than Hemmings.Unfortunately,we have now reached the stage,where Hemmings and Stevo get more out of rugby league,than they give - clearly,it should be the other way round.There is alot of potential with Carney,Clarke,Wells etc,but invariably ruined by the two.

The solution uis obvious get Jon Wells to anchor the show. Articulate (a qualified Lawyer) a recent ex-pro and having played for Castleford, Wakefield and Harlequins ideal to anchor a debate about the pros and cons of expansion and franchises.

I am assming Paul Cullen's return next year but even if PC does not return. The show needs freshening up

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both