Winding up Order

Monkeymagic22

The sheeeite that we've been in this season looks to pale into insignifince at the turmoil going off at Odsal today....

Bad noises coming from northern

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

It takes some understanding. Businessmen make millions running their businesses and then when they go into sport they seem to lose all their acumen. It the just the same. Assets and Liabilities, Profit and Loss, Sales and Returns. Cash flow is all important and a Capital base is required. Creditors need to be paid and debtors money collected. Stock control kept liquid and assets valued properly. Marketing and sales need handling properly and incentives to customers managed properly. etc etc et c. Why the hell don't they do it? I Sometimes think they ally their sports investments to their businesses so they can save tax on the losses made.

Sport is the business run by the heart not the head. Someone with sound business acumen would be mad to take on a sports club!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

For me the Bradford game was the most important game I have watched since seeing Tex hoist aloft the cup in 83.This is because of the financial implications involved and I worry what would have happened if we had lost.I watched the match half sloshed because I was too nervous to watch it sober due to its enormity.Now its over I would like to hope that IF we are still in the championship next year we stick to a realistic budget and dont overspend because we have proved and Batley have proved that you can qualify with a well coached team on a small budget .The squad weve got are good enough for next year and we would only have to add a couple of signings (possibly two big wingers in my opinion).People forget like football rugbys core value is the entertainment buisiness and for next year I would like to see the team and supporters enjoy the season and not have to worry about winding up orders and other negative issues that plague us every year.I believe we are in a good place now with the stadium the land and the buisiness oppertunities that are on the horizon so lets enjoy the success we are having now and look forward to the future .Whether we get into super league or not I am a happy man right now UTR

Some players may be moving on. Some players won't be retained.

The next seasons merry-go-round will start shortly. As do the rumours.... i thoroughly enjoy the speculation n debate sparked by rumour

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

Let's hope we keep the majorty of this team and use some of the money on the units at the eback or the hospitality boxes that need goin up. I think we just need a couple of fresh faces no big clear out John Sharp did that last year lets just add a few that are better than what we have now

Archived