Wigan at home - Again

muddyfunster

If it's on the Friday the attendance will not be as good as the Sunday - I'll be missing!

Probably will be a Friday night game, Wigan will want it for sure,great draw for us,what are the chances it might even be on Sky that night.

Saints hull. Giants leeds(holders) be TV games I reckon.

I think this is the first thing you've ever stated Chris that I actually agree with!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Saints hull. Giants leeds(holders) be TV games I reckon.

I think this is the first thing you've ever stated Chris that I actually agree with!

I'd say about right for the Beeb and if sky have a couple (they have in the past) I'd put my money on Cas Salford and or possibly Fax vs Widnes. 

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/ image.png.96e4130d8b139666bf34e8fcdead30d9.png

Please the club have announced details of date and time very quickly. Must say I'm surprised its Sunday afternoon and it's not all ticket.

Hopefully the new turnstiles will be ready by that game and the capacity can be increased,what will the official capacity be when its completed??

Didnt u get them last year.

Id love to see a genuine draw

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Didnt u get them last year.

Id love to see a genuine draw

No it was Warrington last year, Wigan was the year before. We gave a good account of ourselves, just full time fitness and class told in the last quarter.

Please the club have announced details of date and time very quickly. Must say I'm surprised its Sunday afternoon and it's not all ticket.

Hopefully the new turnstiles will be ready by that game and the capacity can be increased,what will the official capacity be when its completed??

That depends upon the assessment that Kirklees would need to carry out after the work has been finished. I doubt that there will be sufficient time for the whole process.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

That depends upon the assessment that Kirklees would need to carry out after the work has been finished. I doubt that there will be sufficient time for the whole process.

If the work is completed satisfactorily then the process is relatively straightforward and would only take a matter of days.

This is Kirklees cash strapped council your talking about Mr Kipper

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

Turnstiles and Toilets will not be finished in time.

New Turnstiles are £2,500 each and there are no refurbished ones available which

are suitable.  We will be engineering our own.

Toilets would not be passed for use until all fittings are in place.  Drainage and

other Health & Safety requirements have been agreed and are in place. Fittings are to be

ordered in the near future.  Numbers required (Sinks, Hand Dryers, w/c's etc)

are finally agreed to meet the statutory requirements.  All can say is that we hope  

to see a lot of female supporters on the Eastern Terrace and we will see a queue at the

Gents!

We also need to construct suitable access from the external pathways (i.e.in concrete)

to the Turnstile doors before Kirklees inspect and approve the facilities.

Also in order to isolate the Eastern Terrace, we have to provide access for a refreshment

facility (Burger Van) and a further Emergency Exit Gate.  This will be at the South Side of

the Electronic Scoreboard.

All this means that we are now looking at completion in 3/4 months time as we will need to

raise some further funding to complete the whole project, providing the goalposts don't move

again.

Hope this explains the delay.

Also in order to isolate the Eastern Terrace, we have to provide access for a refreshment

facility (Burger Van) and a further Emergency Exit Gate.  This will be at the South Side of

the Electronic Scoreboard.

Hope this explains the delay.

Thanks WR, but (an I have asked this before) like others I stand with we like to watch accordingly, will migration between the terrace and the south stand be allowed, or will it be a case of once you're in you stay in? 

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/ image.png.96e4130d8b139666bf34e8fcdead30d9.png

Sounds like it will be finished just in time for the season to finish!

It has to be once you are in you stay in. Of Course, this situation will

only apply to games when the capacity levels are likely to be reached.

The Capacity of the ground will not be increased as it is now because the

logic is that if the weather is wet all the people on the Eastern Terrace

would try to move under the cover of the South Stand and if that was full

then there would be a major problem with overcrowding.

With every facility provided, then we could isolate the Eastern Terrace and

increase the capacity to 5,500 or maybe 5,750 as the original inspector

assessed that the terrace would hold approx 1,800. This, of course, may

have changed now as the evacuation time for the ground has to be 8 minutes

maximum for all areas.

It also gives the club the flexibility to look at an alternative Admission

Price for the open terrace only. I think the club may try it next season for one

of the bigger games e.g. Leigh / Bradford to see if a reduced price for the one

open area did encourage a few more people to attend but this would need careful

thought with the cost of extra stewarding and the availability of volunteer

turnstile operators.

PM in reply to your comment, the Rams (and I assume the Dogs) are trying to look

in the medium term to improve the facilities for the next 20/25 years, not just 2016.

All that I am interested in (and I assume that you and the Dogs are too) is to see my

club have the best possible facilities that they can provide within a reasonable Financial

Plan.

facility (Burger Van) and a further Emergency Exit Gate.

What I fail to understand is why we HAVE to provide refreshment facilities at all.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

What I fail to understand is why we HAVE to provide refreshment facilities at all.

If that is all that you fail to understand about RL ground requirements CF then I envy you.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Sounds like it will be finished just in time for the season to finish!

Well done PM - those extra fingers came in handy after all.

Archived