RIP Gary Coyle

Supertyke

The Club have announced on Facebook that Gary Coyle passed away this afternoon...

Although I didn't know him personally we had a good few chats when I was setting up the Bulldogstalk website.

Very sad to hear this news, my thoughts go out to his family. RIP mate...

This genuine? Terrible if so.

Our clan are dropping like flies.

Didnt he have an influence in the bissa start up and run our photography for a while.

Could only be early 50's when I met him at fev

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Heres what the club said 9'oller

"We're saddened to hear of the death of long time Batley supporter and founder member of Bissa, Gary Coyle, who passed away this afternoon following a short illness.Our thoughts go out to Gary's family and friends at this difficult time."

On behalf of BISSA may we pass on our sincere condolences to Gary's family on his passing away.

Gary was THE founder member of BISSA. It was his idea all those years ago that created what we know as BISSA. He worked tirelessly to make it work and it did/has for the last 13 years. Testament to his

idea.

RIP Gary.

The BISSA Committee.

"Keep The Faith Tee Shirts now available from BISSA"

Spread & Save please hand your jars or any other container in on match days

Sponsored by Londis, Bradford Road Liversedge

Visit the BISSA Online Shop to purchase DVDs, books and event tickets

here

BISSA website

http://www.bissa.co.uk/

image1 (1).JPG

Very sad. I never met Gary but wrote with him when I first joined the site. He was very helpful to me. He remembered me when I was on a radio Leeds quiz once and wrote to me which I appreciated.

I really enjoyed reading his posts. It feels very sad that he won't be contributing again.

Shocked and saddened. A real RL man of opinions and energy - he will be sadly missed on this forum and elsewhere.

Condolences to his family.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

What shocking and saddening news.

I enjoyed some fantastic debates with Gary on this site over the years, from rugby to religion and politics and everything in between.

It was people like Gary that carried this site in its early days and, in my opinion, really captured the spirit of what it should be about. Real people who live and breathe the sport exchanging views about subjects they feel passionate about. Things often got very heated, but there was never a nasty word exchanged.

He certainly had some strong opinions on a range of subjects and we butted heads on a lot of stuff, over a lot of thread pages - great times!

A few years ago I asked him if he'd be able to do me framed photo of a Rams player. I drove over to pick it up, he invited me into his home and when it came to paying for the cost of the frame, printing etc. he told me to keep my money in my pocket. As a brassic student I thought that was an amazing gesture, and it's still something that sticks with me today.

He also provided all the HTML and templates for the 'new' Dewsbury Rams website in 2007 for no payment, or even credit. And the quality of the photography he's produced over the years speaks for itself.

It's brilliant that his legacy lives on through BISSA.

You'll be missed, Gary.

Tom

I enjoyed some fantastic debates with Gary on this site over the years, from rugby to religion and politics and everything in between.

It was people like Gary that carried this site in its early days and, in my opinion, really captured the spirit of what it should be about. Real people who live and breathe the sport exchanging views about subjects they feel passionate about. Things often got very heated, but there was never a nasty word exchanged.

He certainly had some strong opinions on a range of subjects and we butted heads on a lot of stuff, over a lot of thread pages - great times!

A few years ago I asked him if he'd be able to do me framed photo of a Rams player. I drove over to pick it up, he invited me into his home and when it came to paying for the cost of the frame, printing etc. he told me to keep my money in my pocket. As a brassic student I thought that was an amazing gesture, and it's still something that sticks with me today.

He also provided all the HTML and templates for the 'new' Dewsbury Rams website in 2007 for no payment, or even credit. And the quality of the photography he's produced over the years speaks for itself.

You'll be missed, Gary.

Nice words Tom

You'll be missed, Gary.

Spot on Tom - very sad news, and he will be missed by all HW supporters. RIP mate.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Thank you for all your kind messages, we are all so very touched by your love and support.

The Funeral will be held at Dewsbury Crematorium Tuesday 13th September 2016 at 2pm. Afterwards at Batley IDLC (Batley Nash). All welcome.

Thanks, Cath, Jordan and Niall x

Just read this news and Im gutted. I met Gaz a few times at Featherstone, and he helped me out on numerous occasions with absolutely top quality photos for the Rovers yearbook. All for free of course, as was his way.

Very sad indeed. Rest In Peace Gary and my condolences to his family.

Archived