Warrington - League Champions

Many congratulations to Warrington Wolves on becoming League Champions this Season. It was a great win at Hull, and a tough place to win it on the night. What a beautiful last season fixture to have the top two fighting it out to be League Champions !

Time to re-name the Shield to the 'League Championship Trophy' - but don't tell the paymasters as they wouldn't like it !

Many congratulations to Warrington Wolves on becoming League Champions this Season. It was a great win at Hull, and a tough place to win it on the night. What a beautiful last season fixture to have the top two fighting it out to be League Champions !

Time to re-name the Shield to the 'League Championship Trophy' - but don't tell the paymasters as they wouldn't like it !

Except if all three clubs were going full out for the league title then selections, resting of players and priorities would be completely different. But don't let that get in the way. All four clubs in the play-offs have been planning for the GF end of.

LLS is a great achievement of which we are proud, but please don't use us a conduit for your agenda which was already very tired when you brought it out last year in relation to Leeds. It's threads like these which will have people coming out with stuff like 'all the Wire fans thought they were already champions when they won the hubcap' if we don't end up winning the Grand Final. And we can do without that.

Thanks

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Winning the GF is the Big One.

But winning the LLS is also a significant and meritorious achievement, and one that has been selectively praised and denigrated on here by many posters, usually according to where their club finished in the regular season.

A whole-hearted and genuine "well done" to Warrington who have entertained us with some scintillating Rugby throughout the season.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hi Just Browny,

I see your dilemma. Perhaps if you welcome the view that the Wire are the 'League Champions', and that the end of season 'follow-on' is merely a separate cup tournament, you can hold your head up high. Every long journey starts with just one small step !

I shall wish the Wire well in this separate tournament, as they are rightly the best team in SL this season, and if they do indeed win that too, you will be spared the anguish, that you refer too. But of course the adjustment to the psychology is yours to take or not.

Last Season for me, the memories were all about the Wembley thrashing and that Ryan Hall try that won us the League Title, after the hooter had gone - I have no memory of the end of season play-offs - and I can live happily with that, as it just isn't important.

Hi Just Browny,

I see your dilemma. Perhaps if you welcome the view that the Wire are the 'League Champions', and that the end of season 'follow-on' is merely a separate cup tournament, you can hold your head up high. Every long journey starts with just one small step !

I shall wish the Wire well in this separate tournament, as they are rightly the best team in SL this season, and if they do indeed win that too, you will be spared the anguish, that you refer too. But of course the adjustment to the psychology is yours to take or not.

Last Season for me, the memories were all about the Wembley thrashing and that Ryan Hall try that won us the League Title, after the hooter had gone - I have no memory of the end of season play-offs - and I can live happily with that, as it just isn't important.

Thanks for your comments. No need to post beyond this week then as there is nothing to see here. Also, I assume Leeds didn't win the titles in 1960-61, 1968–69, 1971–72? Guess what, it wasn't first past the post then either.

Winning the regular season is a fantastic achievement not the ultimate aim for the year.

I don't think that it helps that everyone, including media and RFL call it the hubcap. How disrespectful can you be to a trophy?!?!

where do the rfl call it that?

I am sure that I saw/heard an article/programme/interview last week where one of the RFL representatives referred to it as that. I'll try and have a look and see if I can find where. I remember thinking at the time how terrible that was.

i agree.

I agree. Particularly as they had the best home and away record before the split and played at Wembley. A superb achievement.

Stop being naughty, you're obviously talking about Hull FC there.  :nono:

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

Blergh

PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/article/8790/join-team-wales-for-2013

Predictions for the future -

Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG

Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT

Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG

Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/

http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!

http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

LLS is a great achievement of which we are proud, but please don't use us a conduit for your agenda which was already very tired when you brought it out last year in relation to Leeds. It's threads like these which will have people coming out with stuff like 'all the Wire fans thought they were already champions when they won the hubcap' if we don't end up winning the Grand Final. And we can do without that.

Thanks

Bang on.

Airedale Mike started a few threads to promote his agendas last year and we don't seem to have heard much from him since.

I don't think he was missed much.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

Is it that time of year again?

Soon be Hull Fair.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Hi Just Browny,

Pretty sure you were banging on last year that Leeds are the Champions after 23 rounds (before the split) and the rest meant nothing. If that's the case, Hull FC are the Champions in your eyes.

Congratulations, Hull. The true League Champions!

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

I don't think I have an "agenda" and am happy for the Champions to be whoever wins at OT, but being League Leaders is always a fantastic thing (save when saints win when it has less value than the Locker Cup). We watch a 30 game competition. - winning that has to count for a great deal.

Pretty sure you were banging on last year that Leeds are the Champions after 23 rounds (before the split) and the rest meant nothing. If that's the case, Hull FC are the Champions in your eyes.

Well if we're giving out imaginary 'rightful' championships we might as well claim one of them.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Can't wait for your follow up campaign to bring back the unlimited tackle,5 metre & no subs rules.

Pah! One season wonders...the game's Supernova. Consistency. The real champions are the team that has topped the table at season end the most times since 1895. And we all know who that is, and it ain't Warrington.

The real champions are the team that has topped the table at season end the most times since 1895 without breaking the spirit of the salary cap. And we're all scratching our heads to remember who that is but it ain't Wigan.

B)

Archived