Half backs

Wazman

Swinton definitely need some creativity at half back.

Every game this season we have fallen short in this area and the kicking game is atrocious.

If we're going to win any further games against the better sides in this division then Duffy has to address this problem.

Duffy keeps going on about changes after a loss, but he's not doing the right changes.. He keeps changing the forwards... What about the half backs???? Kicking game poor? Getting caught with the ball!! No creativity.. I know swinton haven't got a big squad but something has to change and that includes littler!!

Poor poor Swinton side and performance today lads, I was expecting a lot more, you were offside and laying on almost every tackle right from the start, ref let you play that way so some wil say why not but not conducive for open rugby. Too many unfit players out there on your side today, you had lads going down with cramp at at end of 1st half. Apart from your No.9 Ackers ? there were no other players I'd have swapped into our team. As for Littler he looked pedestrian today.

Good luck for ret of season as nothing in it if you look at the tables.

andypk.gif

Poor poor Swinton side and performance today lads, I was expecting a lot more, you were offside and laying on almost every tackle right from the start, ref let you play that way so some wil say why not but not conducive for open rugby. Too many unfit players out there on your side today, you had lads going down with cramp at at end of 1st half. Apart from your No.9 Ackers ? there were no other players I'd have swapped into our team. As for Littler he looked pedestrian today.

A team full of journey men are we Andy?

Hawkyard 9 years

Atkin from student rugby

Rothwell amateur rugby

White picked from super league u21

Ackers likewise...third season

Morrison been with us years

D hawkyard been with us years

Dwyer from super leagueu 21

Lever likewise

I could go on

It's a team mainly of kids but we've lost our way since our defeat at Blackpool in the cup

As for laying on offside etc I don't think we did it anymore than yourselves...and Govin is a discipinary problem but his high shot was a harsh red .

Not like you to be sniping.

York deserved their win. By far the better team today but the one eyed views you've posted today are uncharacteristic

Finally..great organisation today by York and heworth. The sunshine and the welcome were the one bright spot for the disappointed Swinton faithful

A bit harsh. Ever played behind abeaten pack? Defence wins games, but today we let too many offloads away and York kept going at our weaker left side defence. I saw our young halfbacks taking the line on but with little support to be creative with. I do hope Aaron Lloyd is OK

Duffy keeps going on about changes after a loss, but he's not doing the right changes.. He keeps changing the forwards... What about the half backs???? Kicking game poor? Getting caught with the ball!! No creativity.. I know swinton haven't got a big squad but something has to change and that includes littler!!

With the greatest of respect JD has been trying hard to resolve the half back position, fact is there is a distinct lack of availability at this position. Had we been successful then Mike Burgess could have filled the role, sadly despite great efforts from the club the RL wouldn't back us.

With the greatest of respect JD has been trying hard to resolve the half back position, fact is there is a distinct lack of availability at this position. Had we been successful then Mike Burgess could have filled the role, sadly despite great efforts from the club the RL wouldn't back us.

No complaints about the fact York won but please don't suggest your team didn't utilise a weak ref, your players were as much offside as ours.

As for Govins sending off, right away the player acknowledged his high shot only to be surrounded by York players wanting to throw their weight around, harsh decision and befitting a yellow card and no more.

Lads,

not sniping, just expected a lot more from you guys and just stating how I saw the game today, didn't think we took our chances either, lack of experience and pushing the play too much when we didn't need to.

As I say good luck for the rest of the season.

Andy

andypk.gif

Defence wins games

How very true. I've always been a great believer in that line of thought. Going way back to my youth, the cornerstone of the '60s sides was a solid defence whose motto surely was 'they shall not pass'.

Let's not pretend Govin didn't deserve a red. It was absolute lunacy. Deliberate forearm to the head after losing his cool. Clear red card. He realised right away he'd done something daft and apologised but that doesn't change what he did. You live and learn.

Archived