49 called for France train-on squad

Hvy wg

In order to prepare the World Cup, Aurélien Cologni called for multiple training sessions. 

One will take place in december at Le Barcarès. Cologni retained 28 pro and 21 Elite players.

Lucas Albert
Jason Baitieri
Thomas Bosc
Julian Bousquet
Rémi Casty
Alrix Da Costa
Vincent Duport
Ben Garcia
Tony Gigot
Paul Séguier
Mickael Simon
Fouad Yaha (Catalans)

Fages Theo (Saints)
Barthau William (London)
Escaré Morgan
Navarrete Romain (Wigan)
Jullien Benjamin (Warrington)
Boyer Clément
Canet Bastien
Ferret Etienne
Kriouache Mourad
Marguerite Gavin
Robin Stan (Toulouse)
Maria Anthony
Pelissier Eloi (Leigh)
Springer Gadwin (Castleford)
Larroyer Kevin (without a club)

From the Elite competition :

Ambert Thomas
Belmas Lambert
Margalet Thibault
Negre Joseph
Pala Mathias
Perez Ugo
Dezaria Jordan
Romano Arthur (Catalans U23)
Olivier Arnaud
Goudeman Mickael (Avignon)
Bonnet Guillaume
Bouzinac Charles
Cardace Damien
Marginet Rémy (Lezignan)
Escamilla Bastien 
Miloudi Hakim 
(Carcassonne)
Miloudi Amine
Gonzalez-Trique Arthur
Rouch Mickael
Herold Maxime
Yesa Valentin (Limoux)

Loic Maria (Villeneuve)

I don't know if it's anything "official" but  Séguier is listed as Catalans while Belmas and Margalet are listed as U23. That would mean that Séguier overtook Margalet and Belmas for a SL spot. 

No Bergal makes me sad though.

In order to prepare the World Cup, Aurélien Cologni called for multiple training sessions. 

One will take place in december at Le Barcarès. Cologni retained 28 pro and 21 Elite players.

Lucas Albert

Jason Baitieri

Thomas Bosc

Julian Bousquet

Rémi Casty

Alrix Da Costa

Vincent Duport

Ben Garcia

Tony Gigot

Paul Séguier

Mickael Simon

Fouad Yaha (Catalans)

Fages Theo (Saints)

Barthau William (London)

Escaré Morgan

Navarrete Romain (Wigan)

Jullien Benjamin (Warrington)

Boyer Clément

Canet Bastien

Ferret Etienne

Kriouache Mourad

Marguerite Gavin

Robin Stan (Toulouse)

Maria Anthony

Pelissier Eloi (Leigh)

Springer Gadwin (Castleford)

Larroyer Kevin (without a club)

From the Elite competition :

Ambert Thomas

Belmas Lambert

Margalet Thibault

Negre Joseph

Pala Mathias

Perez Ugo

Dezaria Jordan

Romano Arthur (Catalans U23)

Olivier Arnaud

Goudeman Mickael (Avignon)

Bonnet Guillaume

Bouzinac Charles

Cardace Damien

Marginet Rémy (Lezignan)

Escamilla Bastien 

Miloudi Hakim (Carcassonne)

Miloudi Amine

Gonzalez-Trique Arthur

Rouch Mickael

Herold Maxime

Yesa Valentin (Limoux)

Loic Maria (Villeneuve)

I don't know if it's anything "official" but  Séguier is listed as Catalans while Belmas and Margalet are listed as U23. That would mean that Séguier overtook Margalet and Belmas for a SL spot. 

No Bergal makes me sad though.

Seguier is in pre-season training with the first team and it looks like he has been promoted to the SL squad. No idea why he seems to have skipped the U23s and jumped ahead of so many other players, maybe because he still qualifies for the U19s next year along with Albert and Da Costa.

maybe because he still qualifies for the U19s next year along with Albert and Da Costa.

So do Belmas, Mickalezyk, F.Maria and Romano and they're with the U23. 

I think Séguier made has been offered a pro squad number along with Albert and Da Costa. 

What's Séguier like as a player?

Tall (1m90), lanky prop (98kg).

Average gain is 6.40 meters, made 44 tackles and missed 2 in 3 games last year. Could either become a workhorse or an impact player, depending on how he grows. Honestly we had at least four guys that were 1m90 100kg in the U19 last year, I'd be disappointed if we didn't turn at least 2 in big 110kg beasts. You know, to stop being bullied so much in the middle. 

So do Belmas, Mickalezyk, F.Maria and Romano and they're with the U23. 

I think Séguier made has been offered a pro squad number along with Albert and Da Costa. 

No, to qualify for the SL U19s the player has to be under 19 years old on 1st September of the previous year. Seguier's birthday is September 8, Da Costa is in October and Albert is still 18 so they still qualify, but all of those other guys were 19 earlier in the year and no longer qualify. I think that's also why Seguier was called up to the SL squad at the end of last season, because Belmas, Dezaria and Romano were taking time off after the U19s season to prepare for the U23s over the winter.

Average gain is 6.40 meters, made 44 tackles and missed 2 in 3 games last year. Could either become a workhorse or an impact player, depending on how he grows. Honestly we had at least four guys that were 1m90 100kg in the U19 last year, I'd be disappointed if we didn't turn at least 2 in big 110kg beasts. You know, to stop being bullied so much in the middle.

Saloty Mendy was the guy who looked like he could dominate but he seemed to disappear midway through the season, I've noticed he's now listed with the U23s but he hasn't made an appearance, not sure if he's been injured?

Yes France do need some big props to come through, their pack got totally bullied by England's. Who are the other young big props for France?

Thé catalans under 23 team have been resting the ex academy players and the younger under 23 players as they'll be starting properly in January, because they'll they'll be playing until September between the elite 1 and England reserves, same for the under 19 players who still qualify for the junior league under 20 team, they've been resting, bulking up and doing one on one training,

The under 20 team brought a few of the under 23 squad players and a couple of the academy lads into their team and beat carcassonne 52 18,

It's really falsified the French leagues, if the under 20 s want to win the league they will, when my team played them earlier in the season we played against 17 year olds and won easily, last week their team was massive ( including 8 u 23 players and 5 academy lads) and they won easily, this weekend it may be a weakened team again,

As the obsession for size seems to be taking over I was surprised at how many of the players didn't have much ball skills but size, same in the under 17s as the Catalans are massive but not much skill,

The Toulouse under 17 team is very very impressive, a few big guys but a very well trained and skillful team led by the son of Peter Lima,

Apparently the Catalans are mainly looking for big kids to try to give them skills rather than taking average sized skillful players, also they are only concentrating on the Perpignan area and not recruiting in the other areas unless there's a real stand out player,

Thé catalans under 23 team have been resting the ex academy players and the younger under 23 players as they'll be starting properly in January, because they'll they'll be playing until September between the elite 1 and England reserves, same for the under 19 players who still qualify for the junior league under 20 team, they've been resting, bulking up and doing one on one training,

The under 20 team brought a few of the under 23 squad players and a couple of the academy lads into their team and beat carcassonne 52 18,

It's really falsified the French leagues, if the under 20 s want to win the league they will, when my team played them earlier in the season we played against 17 year olds and won easily, last week their team was massive ( including 8 u 23 players and 5 academy lads) and they won easily, this weekend it may be a weakened team again,

As the obsession for size seems to be taking over I was surprised at how many of the players didn't have much ball skills but size, same in the under 17s as the Catalans are massive but not much skill,

The Toulouse under 17 team is very very impressive, a few big guys but a very well trained and skillful team led by the son of Peter Lima,

Apparently the Catalans are mainly looking for big kids to try to give them skills rather than taking average sized skillful players, also they are only concentrating on the Perpignan area and not recruiting in the other areas unless there's a real stand out player,

Yes they're looking for the biggest kids... and yet the biggest kids they have are 100-105kg. 

I'm not sure we need more skillful forwards but we definitely need the biggest we can have. We have our fair lot of mobile skillful forwards and we are struggling against any pack that averages more than 100kg. It's hard to find really big guys here, so I suppose Catalans are trying to take the biggest ones they can find, put a lot of meat on them and see what happens. 

Yes they're looking for the biggest kids... and yet the biggest kids they have are 100-105kg. 

I'm not sure we need more skillful forwards but we definitely need the biggest we can have. We have our fair lot of mobile skillful forwards and we are struggling against any pack that [averages more than 100kg. It's hard to find really big guys here, so I suppose Catalans are trying to take the biggest ones they can find, put a lot of meat on them and see what happens.

Metres I can just about work out but kgs I have no idea. Any idea what that is in stone/pounds? (sounds very heavy)

Its encouraging to see the development at Toulouse. There Broncos Elite 1 side looks by far the youngest and smallest in the comp. Not much different to their U20s team in Juniors?. Cadets side U17s showing up impressively now. TO are I reckon in a better place than they where back in 2005 under Justin Morgan when they reached the Challenge Cup semi-finals. Building an infrastructure that they never had back then or since.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

I'm doing my coaching certificate at the creps in toulouse!(school of sport) Impressive set up and excellent coaches, it's like they're in a pro environment but still at School! They do stay at school a lot longer over here though!

The Tricolours in 2017 will be a young and inexperienced group I think. At the back of Cologni's mind is already the WC of 2021. Presume Albert-Fages will be together in Australia when the y will be 19yrs/23 yrs respectively. This pairing the Bleus great hopes for the future. Their pack long term should come through. The real challenge must be to unearth a backline with some spark and depth.

Hear that the coach is looking for opposition for a France U23 selection and has got a couple lined-up. Will they play any of the home nations in 2017 before arriving in Australia I wonder. Mid-season unlikely with Dragons/TO commitments?

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

Totally amazed Greg White didn't make the French squad Gordon. He had a big season and is an integral part of the TO set-up.

Houles has been brutal so far in the pre-season training. The regime has been upped considerably from last season and many players are hurting. Question is, with such a small squad compared to the other Championship clubs should Houles be pushing his players so hard ? They will have the fitness that's for sure but the playing regime will be tough what with the travelling so i'm hoping they won't fade like last season in the last quarter of the season.

I believe a pre-season friendly has been arranged with the Catalans at Toulouse for the end of january. This is always an interesting fixture for TO as it acts as some kind of a yardstick of their currrent fitness etc.Catalans usually play their strongest players so it should be  a good test; maybe for both clubs..

Totally amazed Greg White didn't make the French squad Gordon. He had a big season and is an integral part of the TO set-up.

Houles has been brutal so far in the pre-season training. The regime has been upped considerably from last season and many players are hurting. Question is, with such a small squad compared to the other Championship clubs should Houles be pushing his players so hard ? They will have the fitness that's for sure but the playing regime will be tough what with the travelling so i'm hoping they won't fade like last season in the last quarter of the season.

I believe a pre-season friendly has been arranged with the Catalans at Toulouse for the end of january. This is always an interesting fixture for TO as it acts as some kind of a yardstick of their currrent fitness etc.Catalans usually play their strongest players so it should be a good test; maybe for both clubs..

Is the TO team full time now?

Archived