Terry Matterson to leave Castleford at end of season

So that's where Cummings and Poaching are going.

Read it again - this was annonced last week - it is the end of NEXT season

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

I don't like it when these things are announed in advance. It did Huddersfield and Bradford zero favours when their coaches' departures were announced this season.

Rightly or wrongly, some players seem to switch off and it leads to a drop off in performances. If the players don't know a coach is leaving, they still have to play to impress as he might be the one making contract decisions for the following season.

This might be a controversial call but I say release Matterson now. We've had a good run recently against some poor teams from the lower half but we have rarely threatened the top sides this year. We still have an awful defence. Harsh maybe but I think we should be aiming for top 4 and a real crack at the title, not sneaking into the top 8 and losing in the first round. We need an ambitious coach.

The thread title and the news story headline are very misleading.

The story does say the end of next season but I didn't think that to start with.

so you;re agreeing with me then?

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Mmmunno, did you first think it was the end of this season?

No

No

Then I wasn't agreeing with you. :)

I thought the headline and thread title referred to this season, why shouldn't I?!

Anyhoo, it beats Nathan Brown for non-story of the month...! (Yes, yes, left it wide open for McNamara-based abuse.)

Then I wasn't agreeing with you. :)

I thought the headline and thread title referred to this season, why shouldn't I?!

Anyhoo, it beats Nathan Brown for non-story of the month...! (Yes, yes, left it wide open for McNamara-based abuse.)

The thread title is incorrect and the word "next" before "season" appears a whole 20 words into the article.

Now stop being silly :)

The thread title is incorrect and the word "next" before "season" appears a whole 20 words into the article.

Now stop being silly :)

I said thread title and HEADLINE! Now who isn't reading things properly?!

Oh, this wasn't worth it! :rolleyes:;)

as lee st hilaire is the bradford coach until the end of the season what's the betting matterson will take over at odslum then??

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg

The international rugby league player of the year gets the Golden Boot.

I think that in this case of Terry Matterson having achieved the status of Castleford's Coach of the Decade, Castleford management should award Terry Matterson on his retirement the award of the Golden Finger. :lol::lol:

Edited by ParisSurtout

Le rugby a treize, c'est moi!

_____

I think that in this case, having achieved the status of Castleford's Coach of the Decade, on retirement Castleford management should award Terry Matterson the Golden Finger. :lol::lol:

and put it where your sun doesn't shine :O:lol::wub::wub:

and put it where your sun doesn't shine :O:lol::wub::wub:

Not surprised that Matterson's Golden Finger award would get a response from a Wire man.

The Wire is, after all, a cut above the rest, as Matterson found out to his dismay. :lol::lol:

(why is it I think that my jokes go whoosh over the head of 1976PMJ...?)

Edited by ParisSurtout

_____

Not surprised that Matterson's Golden Finger award would get a response from a Wire man.

The Wire is, after all, a cut above the rest, as Matterson found out to his dismay. :lol::lol:

(why is it I think that my jokes go whoosh over the head of 1976PMJ...?)

I did understand, but for someone to lose a digit i think it is poor taste.

For all those who are slow witted, or else suffering from alcohol induced memory loss, here is the recent story behind my joke:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010/jan/1...stleford-finger

Edited by ParisSurtout

_____

Getting back on topic.

Has Matterson done what Cullen did with the Wolves?

Taken a team as far as he can.

(Yes, it was a Warrington reference, but it was the most immediate and clearest I could think of!)

Good point of reference, and very much correct.

I think that in this case of Terry Matterson having achieved the status of Castleford's Coach of the Decade, Castleford management should award Terry Matterson on his retirement the award of the Golden Finger. :lol::lol:

You shouldn't try and do funny.

Kenny, are you off to Wrexham at the weekend? ;)

(What? Why would you assume I meant this weekend?)

Very good Hinders (I think that's the name that annoys you)!

As for taking Cas as far as he can, with the limited resources I think he's taken us as far as any coach could do.