Reaction Videos

These are now what is called "a thing" on YouTube. Most are populated by desperate attention-seekers who try far too hard to be "zany" and "charismatic", with all the horrors that implies.

However, in recent years, some YouTubers from the USA have been exposed to Rugby League, and they like what they see! Not exactly viral marketing, but exposure in new territories, of a sort. Of course, most of them get also spammed with loads of RU videos, because they don't know the difference, but it does show a real enthusiasm from people who have never seen Rugby of any kind at all.

Here's a recent one by regular contributor J Smooove, featuring Matt Bowen. This is a bit longer than his usual ones, because he rambles a bit before and after the clip, but you get the idea. 

This one is very silly, but pretty funny.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On that second vid the guy will of made around $110* on advertising.  Not bad for sitting on your bed :-).

(maybe up to $200, as he has over 1m subscribers).  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Archived