Interesting

Blind side johnny

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

And playing on a Friday could get them in to watch the bulldogs with their season tickets for a fiver on Sunday

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

especially keeping all the games to Friday nights,can't really see many coming over the M62 from Lancashire.

I thought I read that they had looked carefully at this and decided that not only did most of their own fans prefer Friday but that gates were better so maybe A well thought out, educated gamble?

I thought I read that they had looked carefully at this and decided that not only did most of their own fans prefer Friday but that gates were better so maybe A well thought out, educated gamble?

Yes, it is in the release. Over the years they have found fewer away fans attending matches in general so a switch to Friday is calculated to be potentially beneficial. I have read elsewhere that Fridays also generate more corporate income than Sundays, which makes sense when you think about it.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Have to say for local derbies like Fev and Batley and any other non full-time sides I think we should play Friday nights. I know it's difficult for some fans working, but guess we have to look at overall attendances.

Has anyone got any attendance stats for Friday nights v Sunday afternoons?

Well when we played you on the Sunday last season there was nobody there on the Friday night does that help?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

Have to say for local derbies like Fev and Batley and any other non full-time sides I think we should play Friday nights. I know it's difficult for some fans working, but guess we have to look at overall attendances.

Has anyone got any attendance stats for Friday nights v Sunday afternoons?

So you want to compete for floating rugby fans against Fridays Sky televised games, as well as Leeds and Huddersfield if they are at home?

Interesting call...

I wish I had the answers, and the news of these cheap tickets at the Giant's won't do either of us much good, or Halifax for that matter, unless we can find a way of enticing their fans to a second game over the weekend. However, there may be quite a few who cannot make Friday night games, so there may be an opportunity there? I wonder how much ours and your season tickets will be given this announcement, or if it will have any bearing on the respective chairmans' decisions regarding pricing.

Thought provoking from Dogfather. As a Dews season ticket holder of some years, I'm certainly enticed by the £115 offer to watch Friday Super League as a supplement to Sunday afternoon Championship games. And I personally hope Dews stick to the default of a majority of games on a Sunday. It will be interesting to see the outcome if Dews decide to compete on Fridays with Sky, Rhinos & Giants - I'm really not convinced we'll be the winners

And playing on a Friday could get them in to watch the bulldogs with their season tickets for a fiver on Sunday

So, for £184 you can get all the Giants' home Super League fixtures and Thirteen Bulldogs games, assuming no game-day clashes.......

Looks like an idea to buy the Giants Season Ticket and not bother with a Bulldogs one...............

How much are the Dogs season tickets for 2017 ?????

So, for £184 you can get all the Giants' home Super League fixtures and Thirteen Bulldogs games, assuming no game-day clashes.......

Looks like an idea to buy the Giants Season Ticket and not bother with a Bulldogs one...............

Yes I suppose you could that is part of the Championships lot and as a Bulldog supporter I wouldn't consider it for a second But if I was a Dewsbury fan it seems a cracking idea :lol:

So you want to compete for floating rugby fans against Fridays Sky televised games, as well as Leeds and Huddersfield if they are at home?

Interesting call...

I wish I had the answers, and the news of these cheap tickets at the Giant's won't do either of us much good, or Halifax for that matter, unless we can find a way of enticing their fans to a second game over the weekend. However, there may be quite a few who cannot make Friday night games, so there may be an opportunity there? I wonder how much ours and your season tickets will be given this announcement, or if it will have any bearing on the respective chairmans' decisions regarding pricing.

Our prices were announced a couple of weeks ago and no doubt yours will be soon. Fartown's announcement is unlikely to have any bearing.

off topic...but is this BSJ on the right with his Buddies ?

the days when Beer was cheap...and Pubs a plenty

the photo found was in a Dewsbury History book apparently...but who are they ?

post-11086-0-38976200-1477431012_thumb.jpg

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

off topic...but is this BSJ on the right with his Buddies ?the days when Beer was cheap...and Pubs a plentythe photo found was in a Dewsbury History book apparently...but who are they ?

Is that him in the right? Can't be sure, but think that's my Great Uncle Tom, the one wearing the hat.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

off topic...but is this BSJ on the right with his Buddies ?

the days when Beer was cheap...and Pubs a plenty

the photo found was in a Dewsbury History book apparently...but who are they ?

I would never wear a hat indoors.

Is that him in the right? Can't be sure, but think that's my Great Uncle Tom, the one wearing the hat.

What was Great Uncle Toms full name please ?

for the Shoddy Matters website ?

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

That's great deal for a Batley fan as you always miss a couple of games so it will be even better financially, indeed if you do a deal with mate who supports Huddersfield it'll probably only cost you £60 to watch Batley all year

Think I'd have rather seen

Dewsbury, Huddersfield, Batley

All getting on the same page

And all promoting a equally valued season ticket

With all 3 clubs promoting the

"in for a fiver" at the other team's respective grounds

Rather than work in different directions and in opposition to each other...promote rugby league to the kirklees area as a whole..

Surely easier to swim with the tide than against it.

Think I'd have rather seen

Dewsbury, Huddersfield, Batley

All getting on the same page

And all promoting a equally valued season ticket

With all 3 clubs promoting the

"in for a fiver" at the other team's respective grounds

Rather than work in different directions and in opposition to each other...promote rugby league to the kirklees area as a whole..

Surely easier to swim with the tide than against it.

Ever thought of running for president Coolie, it's a lot easier than it used to be and I've got a feeling you've got the hairstyle for it too if you'd let it grow for 12 months :paint:

Ever thought of running for president Coolie, it's a lot easier than it used to be and I've got a feeling you've got the hairstyle for it too if you'd let it grow for 12 months :paint:

Thanks mate

I'm aiming for a dreadlocks comb over look ;)

We describe our sport as " the rugby league family"

But at times its more like an estranged couple trying to score cheap points over each other.

Yes each club is a business and its a dog eat dog world,but surely the good of a dwindling game is paramount.

It's fine expanding the game to the 4 corners of the world like branches of a tree,but yet were letting the roots of the tree die.

Rugby league needs to get the basics right, the structure within the game,it's losing what it's about..the very cornerstone of why so few love the game.

Need to take a couple of steps back so the sport can leap forward and reach new heights.

Archived