The post-EU Referendum Brexit thread

Are you happy with the result of the EU Referendum?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with the result of the EU Referendum?

• Yes
    • No

Discuss the aftermath of the EU Referendum here.

Regardless of how happy/unhappy you are with the result, discuss the subject within the T&Cs of the forum, and avoid trolling or personal nastiness.

Otherwise, you may find yourself excluded from posting in AOB for quite some time.

So no one is in any doubt about this, the T&Cs are reproduced below.

TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE

Your use of these forums constitutes your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. League Publications Ltd (LPL) reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes here. Your continued use of the site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified by the posted changes.

You agree to use the site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of this site by any third party. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or League Publications Ltd.

These Terms & Conditions apply in full to all communications made on this site, whether in the public forums or via the Private Messaging system.

All contributions must be civil and tasteful.

No disruptive, offensive or abusive behaviour. Contributions must be constructive and polite, not mean-spirited or contributed with the intention of causing trouble.

No unlawful or objectionable content. Unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racially offensive or otherwise objectionable material is not acceptable.

Only one username per person is allowed. If you attempt to use multiple logins for the purpose of disrupting the forum or annoying other users, use the personal details of another individual to register one or more accounts, or deliberately swap your username with someone else for the same purpose, your account may be disabled without warning.

No spamming or off-topic material.

No advertising without prior permission.

No inappropriate (e.g. vulgar, offensive etc) user names, or usernames which are an attempt to impersonate another individual.

We reserve the right to issue warnings and/or temporarily/permanently suspend access to all or part of the site if any of the above conditions are infringed.

We reserve the right to request a user to validate their identity by post in order to continue using the forum.

All users accept complete and total responsibility for any potentially harmful, libelous or other legally actionable comments and that they indemnify League Publications Ltd to the total extent of any and all costs, settlements and judgements involved with defending any legal claim against their posts.

If these Terms and Conditions are not accepted in full, your use of the site must be terminated immediately.

The man who set up the referendum petition isn't happy about 3 million people signing it -

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/william-oliver-healey-referendum-petition_uk_576f8b28e4b0232d331e1b39?ausjc2blv0ee9udi

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

A date!  We have the first surfacing of a leave date from a prominent Tory MP, Liam Fox:  1 Jan 2019

I wonder how official that date is, i.e. have the Leave Tories started their plan and this is the first testing of the waters for the date.

So not invoking article 50 until 2017?

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

On the other thread it was suggested this could be the end of labour.

I couldn't disagree more. There is already the real rumblings of discontent about how this has gone.

The presumption was that if we voted Brexit that we'd have a right wing government landslide. I think this isn't the way it's going. By the time of picking the next leader there's a good chance that high profile Brexiters will be toxic.

The only thing I'm looking forward to is UKIP being forced to change their name when the UK is no more.

Hows the plan to give Cameron a bloody nose and end austerity going?

*slowly hand claps*

So not invoking article 50 until 2017?

At least it's a date.  If that were made public then it'd reduce market uncertainty a bit because people then will know that the formal notice will be given on 1st Jan 2017 and it'll give a six month head-start to the negotiations, while also giving us time to sort out the leadership of the big two parties and maybe even a general election.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

The man who set up the referendum petition isn't happy about 3 million people signing it -

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/william-oliver-healey-referendum-petition_uk_576f8b28e4b0232d331e1b39?ausjc2blv0ee9udi

Now that I've read his whiny self serving hypocritical facebook post I've signed it to annoy him even more.

You can't usually read too much into the polls on this forum. However, I did think there were warning signs from the Brexit poll.

Usually, this forum is more pro labour than the average and in theory that would've meant it was more pro-Remain. It was almost neck and neck though. Who needs YouGov when you've totalrl?

You can't usually read too much into the polls on this forum. However, I did think there were warning signs from the Brexit poll.

Usually, this forum is more pro labour than the average and in theory that would've meant it was more pro-Remain. It was almost neck and neck though. Who needs YouGov when you've totalrl?

And, in our very own shiny little bubble, we thought Remain would win. How out of touch we were. :blackeye:

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

A date! We have the first surfacing of a leave date from a prominent Tory MP, Liam Fox: 1 Jan 2019

I wonder how official that date is, i.e. have the Leave Tories started their plan and this is the first testing of the waters for the date.

This is an arrogant assumption on his part. Fox has no position. Needs slapping down, but by whom? I'm quite happy to help if it involves physical violence.

This is an arrogant assumption on his part. Fox has no position. Needs slapping down, but by whom? I'm quite happy to help if it involves physical violence.

We could start a list....

As I've already gone on record as having Punched Farage (admittedly 38 years ago when we were at School together) can I say I've done my bit?

Leave were actually in the lead the day before the referendum. There was a few people who added on the day before and after.

Not quite

https://twitter.com/MSmithsonPB/status/746071151852527617?s=09

Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

As I've already gone on record as having Punched Farage (admittedly 38 years ago when we were at School together) can I say I've done my bit?

I wonder if that could've set him off on his path. Your not a homosexual French Muslim are you?.

This is a tactic I actually use when people are messing around with dates for major projects and I need to force their hands or make them look daft.  Name a date that sounds reasonable and would have a lot of people not disagreeing then essentially tell others to challenge it with a better date or shut up and take it.

As much as I don't want the UK to leave the EU, the uncertainty over when we leave can only have serious consequences for the UK and EU markets, and secondary effects over the world.  If we have to do it, just bloody do it and get it over with so we can work on salvaging what we can.

Fox isn't a lightweight in here, neither is he kingmaker material, but he does command respect from the other Leave Tory MPs.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

I wonder if that could've set him off on his path. Your not a homosexual French Muslim are you?.

See above  :ph34r:

He already had some extremely unpleasant views in 1978.

I won't list them here because last time I posted them Martyn Sadler got a twitchy ###### because I couldn't document it. If you like I can PM you some choice items

Yes you can. Top Man.

"surely they've got to try somthing different now, maybe the little chip over the top?2

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stufod/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stuarts-photography/156268557729980

There is to be an investigation of fraud in relation to the petition as surprisingly (not!) there appear to have been people not based in the UK putting their name to it. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36634407

See above :ph34r:

He already had some extremely unpleasant views in 1978.

I won't list them here because last time I posted them Martyn Sadler got a twitchy ###### because I couldn't document it. If you like I can PM you some choice items

It's fine I can imagine and to be honest the less I know about him the better. Now if you had a video of the punch I'd love to see that but I suppose to get a video of it in 1978 the BBC would have to be in your school at the time.

Archived