Meeting with CH

TOSH1960

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But that the problem Andy he can't build a stand if he got no money he told 150 Oldham fans five years ago he was doing this and that but nothing came off it spud wanted him out 12 months ago but you will see a charge in five months time there won't be a team at white bank then we can all play golf with one off the many sponsors who doesn't go any more

Which Sponsor would that be?

I know it smacks of pie in the sky given where we have been for the last decade, but I really think that in the long term we should want better than someone else's cast off stands or developing a ground that doesn't have the scope or access to ever be a Super League ground. 

We are saying by staying at Whitebank 'We have limited ambition'. If you were looking now to develop a stadium in Oldham, It simply wouldn't be considered, not even in the top 25 locations in the town.

We don't own Whitebank, Just cos no-one else plays there, that doesn't make it ours. It's a complex lease agreement. There are any number of pieces of land we could lease long term. Anywhere we lease exclusively is 'home'.

I would like to think we could be considering where we play for the next 3 to 5  years while we work on getting a new ground funded, approved for planning, development tendered and built.

That could mean an improved Whitebank for a while. Or it could be a tenancy at BP (if we can negotiate the right deal) for a few years. But if we want to playing in the upper reaches of the Championship and attracting more fans (home and away), then I'm afraid playing on a sloping field with no public transport links, limited access, poor security and no proper parking is a complete no go.

We should want better than that. if we aim low we'll achieve low.

Didn't the fans at Featherstone get together and sort out the stand they got from Scunthorpe utd? Where's the stand from Salford we were having?

The concrete steps were behind the stand as Whitebank, not bothered looking recently and the seats were in storage on Featherstall Rd, last I heard the steel was damaged in the dismantling process.

Quite right Tubemeister.Any work done down Limeside can only be a shortish term measure but enough to be a springboard into a better venue.Even razed to the ground Whitebank is the worst option to do something proper.Perhaps It could be a A team venue though.

Total plus Mr Thompson and Mr Gough put a load off money in Mark and Rachel put money in! But I still say Mr Bill Quick said he sold his shares to Oldham rugby not Mr Hamilton and it in writing but we been told there only one share holder so how are these others

Didn't the fans at Featherstone get together and sort out the stand they got from Scunthorpe utd? Where's the stand from Salford we were having?

Featherstone got the two stands from scarborough and its was because the owner of featherstone asked if they could have them and the scarborough council said if they pay to demolish the whole site they can take the stands for nowt..

As for the salford stands,im kicking myself for not actually asking on monday night...i will ask though next time

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

I'm not attacking the people who want to do something, what I'm saying,if you read my post properly, that Hamilton has singing the same tune for the last 5 yrs, and nothing on the club statement today makes me think things will improve quickly. Nobody has posted on here what was discussed yesterday, and what Hamilton is going to do. Many people before you have been down this road with him, and nothing was changed for the better. I just feel your wasting your time, getting your hopes built up,and it will all come to nothing, but hey, that's your prerogative. I'm just wondering how many of you who want change, go to home games, as we had a meeting with a clown in the King George last season, who wanted to change things,but had never set foot in the Whitebank.

Has he told you what is going on behind the scenes,what changes and improvements are being made to the ground,and what is he doing about the whole match day experience along with Merchandise.

It seems to me allroughyeds that you have written this off before it has had chance to even get off the ground, which is a shame. I hope you are not wanting it to be the case, so you can say I told you so.

But let's take your concerns at face value, and you want to ensure hopes are not raised, you have said that you have tried on many occaisions and I am sure others have,

But this time it is different. Maybe the stars are aligned differently, maybe he has hit rock bottom, who knows, but it is clear it is being handled very differently from CH from every other occcaison.

I think everyone is aware it might fail. But that is why things are being handled delicately.

I don't know you from Adam, but on here you come acros as very bombastic, as if you know best, and the only one that knows anything. I am sure that is not the case in real life. I am sure this is not how you want to be portrayed,but it is a consequence of your style so far.

It could just be different this time.  If it's no different, they tried and got further than most. Just try not to gloat too much if it doen't work out.

I tihnk your underlying points are valid, and maybe "Have you asked xx ppint ", 2could oyu ask xx pint " approach would be refreshing to see.

But that the problem Andy he can't build a stand if he got no money he told 150 Oldham fans five years ago he was doing this and that but nothing came off it spud wanted him out 12 months ago but you will see a charge in five months time there won't be a team at white bank then we can all play golf with one off the many sponsors who doesn't go any more

Which Sponsors?. There is a list as long as your arm. Anyone in particulaŕ?

Total plus Mr Thompson and Mr Gough put a load off money in Mark and Rachel put money in! But I still say Mr Bill Quick said he sold his shares to Oldham rugby not Mr Hamilton and it in writing but we been told there only one share holder so how are these others

Bill Quinn sold the shares to CH. But they were paid by cheque from the books of Oldham Rugby League club. Therefore the club as bought back its own shares. I think Bill Quinn held 75% of the shares and if that is so then that represents £37.5K as I think the original share capital of the club when formed in 1997 was for £50K.

If that is so then the clubs issued shares are valued at £12.5K which will be CH share Holding.

If a Limited company buys its own shares back they are not allowed to be issued again.

If a director or any other person wants to buy shares off another director they must do so with their own money. It is illegal to use a companies money to for that purpose.

Bill Quinn sold the shares to CH. But they were paid by cheque from the books of Oldham Rugby League club. Therefore the club as bought back its own shares. I think Bill Quinn held 75% of the shares and if that is so then that represents £37.5K as I think the original share capital of the club when formed in 1997 was for £50K.

If that is so then the clubs issued shares are valued at £12.5K which will be CH share Holding.

If a Limited company buys its own shares back they are not allowed to be issued again.

If a director or any other person wants to buy shares off another director they must do so with their own money. It is illegal to use a companies money to for that purpose.

The new stand at Featherstone is an absolute credit to all involved. Well built and modern looking. Amateur hour it isn't and when I look around Whitebank tomorrow despairing at the worsening state of repair, I'll bear in mind the promises of 2009 and the five year plan. 

I have just seen a few photos from curzen united a ground today with loads of kids playing finals at a little stadium which I believe FC United have just won promotion to conference league with crowds of 3,000

How can Tameside council afford to run this ground is it cos it is being used everyday by local people and renting it to football team attracting 3,000 people cos it's a venue worth visiting and people will pay to watch local sport in an comfortable stadium why has oldham councils venture at Whitebank not been the same !!!

The council had that chance when they bought boundary park to bail latics out..when they sold the ground back to latics they could have stipulated that the rugby carry on playing there,they could of not sold it back to latics in the first place...but they did....oppotunity lost

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

The concrete steps were behind the stand as Whitebank, not bothered looking recently and the seats were in storage on Featherstall Rd, last I heard the steel was damaged in the dismantling process.

Had a peek on sunday, the concrete is still there covered in tarpaulins.

The council had that chance when they bought boundary park to bail latics out..when they sold the ground back to latics they could have stipulated that the rugby carry on playing there,they could of not sold it back to latics in the first place...but they did....oppotunity lost

This sounds about right for our beloved town.

Archived