Sunday then

Robin  Evans

I'm not a massive lover of friendlies. They're usually error ridden first runs out and squads are largely incomplete.

However, they are a good opportunity to meet up with the brethren, talk sheeite for an hour and have a chuckle...

Plus the burden of expectation isn't as heavy this year and as such I'm genuinely looking forward to the new season.

Shapry's gone about assembling a smaller decent looking squad. I'm buzzing for sunday now.

Merry Christmas peeps.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not off, cos I'll have been on nights, and (B) cannot do with some folk overloaded on alcohol, so will probably stay at home and listen to it on radio

Im Fev and im proud

Is it on the radio? I can't get due to a family commitment but may be able to sneak the odd check in if its on somewhere!

It's on the tigers talk radio app

Im Fev and im proud

Is it on the radio? I can't get due to a family commitment but may be able to sneak the odd check in if its on somewhere!

Hopefully Jamie will put the Rovers' DVD feed on live audio streaming. If so he will post the URL on facebook, and hopefully someone will copy it on to here. Young Joe's home from University so you'll get the added bonus of his expert summary to back up Ben's commentary.

My colleague from League Express, Phil Hodgson, has just asked me to cover the game if it goes ahead because parts of Methley are badly affected by flooding, and he's staying at home to ensure his property and contents are protected. He says the flood defences are much better in Castleford though, so hopefully the game will go ahead.

Nothing on facebook yet that suggests it may be called off.

Well thats Andy "chocolate body" bostock injured again - time to cut our losses? Great forward yes but far too injury prone

Wildie also taken off injured

We were miles the better team second half, cas made wholesale changes though and put the cue on the rack after 50 mins but we did really well to show up their unprofessionalism

Just a shame it took us 50 mins to get going

Thought Jon Davies and Thackeray were our best players today but thought they all put a shift in today and last 30 mins were great to watch

Cas scored a lot of close in tries and never really cut us to ribbons. They were a lot bigger and hard to stop on the line. I thought Thackeray try was the highlight of the come back. We need some six foot centres I'm afraid and a big prop and we should be sound. Remember there was no Briggs.Craven.Misi or Hardman. That game will have done the players a lot of good.

Well thats Andy "chocolate body" bostock injured again - time to cut our losses? Great forward yes but far too injury prone

Wildie also taken off injured

We were miles the better team second half, cas made wholesale changes though and put the cue on the rack after 50 mins but we did really well to show up their unprofessionalism

Just a shame it took us 50 mins to get going

Thought Jon Davies and Thackeray were our best players today but thought they all put a shift in today and last 30 mins were great to watch

Yeah shame it took 50 minutes for a completely new side to perform, ridiculous that int it.

Didnt go today but didnt expect anything from the game but a run out for the lads that are fit to play and training with the squad at the minute, the squads still work in progress and some quality to come in yet, was a pretty strong cas squad today and sounds like a gutsy 2nd half performance from us, still confident we can compete for a top 4 spot this season.

Archived