Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, Injuries ...

Any media rumours that Sezer and DCE would swap places Titans/Manly appear to have been quashed. Sezer has home on Gold Coast and seems settled.

The criticism of Sam Thaiday at Broncos has set rumours of him parting with that QLD outfit to move to the Titans where he might be happier and give some experience to the GC side.
Thaiday is out of contract at Broncos at the end of this season.

Wests Tigers prop Matt Lodge has signed with the club until the end of 2017.

Edited by Graham

Are there any big name halves out there available? Where do they look to replace them two?! They will have a big old hole in the salary cap that can be filled though so it could get interesting!

The management of the whole situation has been awful, I'm not sure they could have made more of a mess of it if they tried!

Manly probably didn't build much loyalty with DC-E. They kept him on basic pay for too long, maybe. They won a GF with him still on minimum wage - $85K. A few years back a lot of the senior players took a pay cut to keep the old gang together.

As I'v said before not offering Glenn Stewart a contract after all he gave to Manly over the years started the Rot that has now spread through the club. Personally I will very much enjoy watching Manly struggle.

As an old Magpies fan from the late 70s (who is now in his very, very late 40s ;))  I don't mind seeing Manly have a rough trot. I'm sure they'll be back in the top 4 within 5 years.

I can see some parallels at Leeds: successful team stays together for maybe one (or two) season too long, reluctant to move on club stars who take up big slices of cap and without enough retirements to rejuvenate the squad.

• Like 1

Latest on Foran:

Manly star Kieran Foran is reportedly set to announce he has signed a four-year, $4.7 million contract with Parramatta but coach Geoff Toovey says it is news to him.
Toovey was a guest on NRL360 on Wednesday night and insists he is unaware of any deal.
“I saw Kieran today and he is the type of guy that would tell me what is going on. I am unaware of it,” Toovey said of the reported deal.
Seven News is reporting that Foran made the decision to leave the Sea Eagles on Tuesday and, according to NRL360 host Paul Kent, is poised to make his decision public after the weekend.

Edited by G Las D

As an old Magpies fan from the late 70s (who is now in his very, very late 40s ;))  I don't mind seeing Manly have a rough trot. I'm sure they'll be back in the top 4 within 5 years.

I can see some parallels at Leeds: successful team stays together for maybe one (or two) season too long, reluctant to move on club stars who take up big slices of cap and without enough retirements to rejuvenate the squad.

Interesting what you say about Leeds I thought this may have been the case also but after watching them this year they still look at class act so I believe the club has done the right thing sticking solid with the group who has done everything over the years. On another note I think had Leeds been involved in the WCS the English would have very likely got a win they are such a talented squad with a winning culture.

• Like 1

From Sterlo on the couch: Nathan Brown being sounded out to take over from Toovey.

They are in trouble then! Think i'd stick with Toovey not that I really care of course. 

From Sterlo on the couch: Nathan Brown being sounded out to take over from Toovey.

Not surprised Toovey could be let go. He's considered to have let things slip. Having said that who's been handling the players and their finances at the club?

Still remember how many weeks Manly were on top of the ladder last season even when the ructions started!

Toovey's apparently a qualified accountant! Maybe he'd be better in another job at the club.

Here's the DCE Interview on Sterlo Show CLICK HERE

Talks about the support he got from other players when he announced his move to Titans.

Voices his respect for Toovey and shows their talk before game when DCE and Toovey talk about him leaving.

DCE talks about his relationships with his team mates at Manly in the past and up to now.

The Glenn Stewart leaving is discussed.

Watmough's toxic comment discussed. A previous offer meaning staying at the club and it being restructured afterwards is discussed.

The mechanics of his leaving Sea Eagles is fully explored.

His and the Titans future are discussed.

Will he be moving on to Titans in the near future or for start of next season

Cherry Evans is a good interviewee. He comes over as a sensible, logical and considerate young bloke.

This is a MUST-SEE interview.

Sterlo is a top interviewer.

Edited by G Las D

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-03-11/sea-eagles-deny-foran-deal-with-eels/6304986?section=sport

But Manly was quick to release a short statement to clarify that, to its knowledge, no such deal had been confirmed.

"In light of media speculation this evening, the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles would like to reiterate that there has been no confirmation on the playing future of Kieran Foran by him, or his management," the statement read.

"The club has been in constant communication with both Kieran and his management, including today, and there has been no indication whatsoever that a decision with respect to Kieran's playing future beyond 2015 has been made."

Foran has confirmed again that he's going to Parra.......

"Kieran Foran admits the opportunity to play under Parramatta coach Brad Arthur was the deciding factor in his decision to quit Manly.

Foran told his Sea Eagles team-mates on Monday morning he was following half-back Daly Cherry-Evans out of the exit door at the end of the season.

The Kiwi Test star has agreed to a four-year contract believed to be worth in the region of $4.7m."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-03-16/parramatta-coach-arthur-key-to-eels-move-says-kieran-foran/6323856

Yes this was as expected.

I wondered at first whether Manly would scramble to get in a late extra offer to him to get him to stay.

Whatever happened or didn't the die was cast and Foran is now another in the Manly camp who's heading towards the door marked exit

Edited by G Las D

The chance to be part of a young intimidating forward pack was a key reason Jared Waerea-Hargreaves found it easy to ink a new deal with the Roosters.

Waerea-Hargreaves confirmed he would remain at Bondi until the end of 2017, and packing down along side the likes of young forwards Dylan Napa, Kane Evans, Siosiua Taukeiaho, and even a guy like Willis Meehan _ who was impossible to tackle at training _ meant the future up front looked bright.

This is after apparently having had an approach from yes, you've guessed it, Manly

Edited by G Las D

Manly are set to receive a major boost with the re-signing of veteran hooker Matt Ballin for the next two years.

Despite the Sea Eagles being linked to Brisbane hooker Andrew McCullough for next season, Fox Sports understands the club is also close to extending the deal of Ballin’s back-up hooker Jayden Hodges.

According to Ballin, the 21-year-old is the ideal replacement for him and he has begun mentoring him for the role so Hodges is ready come the time Ballin retires.

There is some speculation that Manly are looking at Albert Kelly as a possible recruit in the halves for 2016. Kelly is playing alongside Terry Campese for Hull KR in Super League after he was released from the Gold Coast last year