Ouch.

Not quite killed their top 8 hopes, but it's a mountain for them to climb. I feel sorry for the fans, they've finally got a proper squad together rather than a bunch of mercenaries and look to be going places, then this.

They're still not bottom of the league even if it's applied straight away.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

Source?

To be applied when?

All the usual RL journos on Twitter who are there. Applies immediately,but Salford have a right to appeal.

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

The Good Doctor unhappy but I am certain that the points deduction will be reduced on appeal to four and maybe two points

https://twitter.com/drmarwanK/status/724681210094600192

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

Last season Catalans finished 8th with 20 points. If 20 points were needed this season to get in the 8 then Salford would need to win 8 of their last 10 games !

But it's a more even competition this year so maybe they would only need 18 points, still seems out of reach.

They may as well appeal nothing to lose, even if they increased the deduction to 8 points I don't think they would finish bottom on current form 

Last season Catalans finished 8th with 20 points. If 20 points were needed this season to get in the 8 then Salford would need to win 8 of their last 10 games !

This could "galvanise' them and they could kick on from this. Either way, if they keep progressing as they have this year they will be a decent bet for top 4 in 2017.

Ouch.

Not quite killed their top 8 hopes, but it's a mountain for them to climb. I feel sorry for the fans, they've finally got a proper squad together rather than a bunch of mercenaries and look to be going places, then this.

Well you can't play with the Salary Cap without consequencies.

I'm sorry what an absolute joke.

Barrow were found guilty of similar offences and we were docked 36 points (all we had that season) our owner was banned from 8 years and we nearly went extinct off the back of it.

How is it different?

The only significant potential consequence of this action: we might see a club in the Middle Eights that would otherwise be too strong to have been there.  Making it even more unlikely any Championship club could by some miracle achieve promotion.  The only real punishment would have been had some (ideally most/all) of the points deduction been applied in either the Super Eights or the Middle Eights.

Koukash should thank his lucky stars that this current skewed system means a points deduction does little real harm (unlike the last time the RFL imposed a six points deduction, when there was very real jeopardy), and shut up and move on.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wise people so full of doubts.

Bury your memories; bury your friends. Leave it alone for a year or two.  Till the stories grow hazy, and the legends come true.  Then do it again - some things never end.

I'm sorry what an absolute joke.

Barrow were found guilty of similar offences and we were docked 36 points (all we had that season) our owner was banned from 8 years and we nearly went extinct off the back of it.

How is it different?

well how do you know the cases are identical?

I feel sorry for Salford fans.

the fans unfortunately always get the short end of it, but that is part of being a fan, good and bad things happen where most of the time you have no input - you just have to go along for the ride.

The only significant potential consequence of this action: we might see a club in the Middle Eights that would otherwise be too strong to have been there. Making it even more unlikely any Championship club could by some miracle achieve promotion. The only real punishment would have been had some (ideally most/all) of the points deduction been applied in either the Super Eights or the Middle Eights.

Koukash should thank his lucky stars that this current skewed system means a points deduction does little real harm (unlike the last time the RFL imposed a six points deduction, when there was very real jeopardy), and shut up and move on.

Quite...they'll play in the middle 8s, do very well, stay up....big deal

Archived