Misi suspended

plug

wonder if craven will get pinched for putting the knees in on the tryscorer. noticed it when watching the game back

i wonder how many games Murrell will get for torturing us for 80 minutes

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

Two game ban ?? But barlow from swinton gets one matchban for comeing off the subs bench and joining into a fight is that fair or what

Barlow got 2 games and he didn't actually join in the fight in so much that he didn't throw any punches - he came on to defend a team mate being held by 2 players whilst a third was giving him a hiding (no prizes for guessing which Leigh player that was)

wonder if craven will get pinched for putting the knees in on the tryscorer. noticed it when watching the game back

To be fair to him I think he just catches Moore's back leg causing him to trip rather than it been anything malicious. The spear tackle in the 1st half looked very iffy though but will probably just end up with a warning over technique but I think Talliapapa should really cop another ban for his kick on Heaton. You can easily break someones arm/leg or even your own leg trying to pull something like that.

To be fair to him I think he just catches Moore's back leg causing him to trip rather than it been anything malicious. The spear tackle in the 1st half looked very iffy though but will probably just end up with a warning over technique but I think Talliapapa should really cop another ban for his kick on Heaton. You can easily break someones arm/leg or even your own leg trying to pull something like that.

Really ? Apparently a swan can break your arm as well. FFS what's happening with disciplinary issues these days ? Oh for a good hard game back in the day when refs had the balls to give a player a straight red for trying to stiff arm an opponents head into row z (yes you Jason Crookes) whilst other innocuous incidents with no malicious intent which caused no injury to the opponent were rightfully left alone.

No malicious intent, he was trying to prevent a try. In a sensible world a penaltytry would have been awarded with the conversion under the sticks and the matter put to bed. I don't know who's idea it was to stop awarding penalty tries for offences like ball stealing and things like this but it was a bad one.

The way the game is going, it is going to end up as touch & pass. It is a hard game played by fit , healthy, strong players and unless the ref thinks there is malicious intent he should just award a penalty. If he feels there is malicious intent then he should show a red, and let the judiciary decide on the length of ban.

Yellows should only be used for technical offences, persistent lying on, and the first offence after a team warning. and that should be that , no need for referrals.

Yellows should only be used for technical offences, persistent lying on, and the first offence after a team warning. and that should be that , no need for referrals.

Dont think he went to screen to see if it was foul play it was to see ifit was a try or not, the foul play only became apparent during a replay

As regards Misi and his ban, I don't think there was any intent on hurting or maiming the try scorer, all he did was what any player would do, and that is prevent a try being scored by attempting to kick the ball from an opponents grasp. The reaction from the commentators was well over the top, especially when you consider who was commentating. I'll finish with a bit of history, in the challenge cup 2nd round at home to Wakefield in 1967 Gary Jordan prevented a try by kicking the ball out of a Wakey players hand just as he was putting the ball down, all that happened was a drop-out from under the sticks and applause for a great try-saving move, and not a word of admonishment from any quarter.

The way the game is going, it is going to end up as touch & pass. It is a hard game played by fit , healthy, strong players and unless the ref thinks there is malicious intent he should just award a penalty. If he feels there is malicious intent then he should show a red, and let the judiciary decide on the length of ban.

I agree, no place in the game for things like that. If he could have actually seen what he was aiming at then maybe you could justify it but a wild swing like that is not something we want. He could have been kicking Heaton in the head for all he knew.

I see Murrell got a mention on this thread, and he was very good. However in my view was pretty classless in his over the top celebration of that tackle. Don't like to see that from any player even one of ours.

I would agree if he were in the Fev players face and patting him on the head or back for example but he is simply celebrating the mistake. We see it a lot from both Murrell and Ben Kaye on a regular basis. I want to see that sort of passion from my team.

As regards Misi and his ban, I don't think there was any intent on hurting or maiming the try scorer, all he did was what any player would do, and that is prevent a try being scored by attempting to kick the ball from an opponents grasp. The reaction from the commentators was well over the top, especially when you consider who was commentating. I'll finish with a bit of history, in the challenge cup 2nd round at home to Wakefield in 1967 Gary Jordan prevented a try by kicking the ball out of a Wakey players hand just as he was putting the ball down, all that happened was a drop-out from under the sticks and applause for a great try-saving move, and not a word of admonishment from any quarter.

That was back in the day when tackles like Au Van's the other week would be celebrated as a text book tackle. ;)

That was back in the day when tackles like Au Van's the other week would be celebrated as a text book tackle. ;)

Under today's rules i would not have played more than a handfull of matches a season.Although i received just as much as i dished out.Very character building playing amateur R.L.in the early seventies,But after the game all was forgotten and player's had a pint and a laugh afterwards.Ah the good old day's.!

Last night as Hall was going to score he led with the elbow to Dixon I think it was, now if we're going on intent like we're being told is the case with Misi, then why wasn't it picked up by the officials as it was clear his elbow was raised and aimed at the face.

Archived