25 Sept: Qualifiers: London Broncos v Featherstone Rovers KO 3pm

Discuss London Broncos v Featherstone Rovers here.

League Express is on sale every Monday, in shops (UK only), on print subscription (worldwide) and online for desktop, tablet and smartphone
Follow us on Twitter/X @leagueexpress and TikTok @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

Before a ball is kicked in this game, regardless of the result, the Broncos Season has exceeded expectations. There is now a clear path back to the top level with the gutsy win at Salford proving the club can win gaianst a super league outfit, which is a big psychological barrier for a championship club, and is a realistic contender next year for promotion back to Super League .

You could not buy the confidence on and off the field that win gives the club nor the pulling power for potential signings, players knowing they are joining an aspirational club and not consigning themserlves to a career in championship footy.

It's been almost a decade since I have been able to post something this positive about the club. Of course there is plenty of room for improvement but I have confidence in the coaching truimverate of Henderrson, Ward and Langley.Now if only we could find a Ian Lenagan Mark II to finance the club..

Results this season have gone 2-1 in Featherstone's favour,. and they will not come down to London to roll over. By all accounts the Fev performance against Hull KR was way better than the London effort the week before. It not inconcievable that the last round could see wins for Batley and Featherstone with Salford playing the MPG by default. .But I hope not, as the Broncos need to sign off on a high and who knows what could happen if there is a downpour at Mount Pleasant..

One jarring note though - Against Huill KR the card reader a the Turnstile Hut was not working and there are two types of fan Season Ticket holders and Members. ST holdrrs have a Red polo shirt with a white stripe and members a Black one with a white stripe but as I was to find out once comparing cards at Ealing Broadway with a ST holder, the light blue cards presented at the turnstiles are almost exactly the same for ST holders and members. .

This would explain why on a few occasions I have had to insist on paying my £ 12 entry rather than cheat the cluvb by being waved through.without paying and I wonder how many have been..And while I know the club takes an almost perverse pleasure in being a loss leader for our benefactor. This needs to be sorted for next season.

Only in Rugby League.. :rolleyes:

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

I agree that tthere is a much greater sense of optimism around the Bronocs after they beat Salford. Which in turn may have stemmed in part from Leigh's performance. If not tha year, then the path for next year is much clearer now. Happy days after a long time between drinks. London to sneak a classic.

Before a ball is kicked in this game, regardless of the result, the Broncos Season has exceeded expectations. There is now a clear path back to the top level with the gutsy win at Salford proving the club can win gaianst a super league outfit, which is a big psychological barrier for a championship club, and is a realistic contender next year for promotion back to Super League .

You could not buy the confidence on and off the field that win gives the club nor the pulling power for potential signings, players knowing they are joining an aspirational club and not consigning themserlves to a career in championship footy.

It's been almost a decade since I have been able to post something this positive about the club. Of course there is plenty of room for improvement but I have confidence in the coaching truimverate of Henderrson, Ward and Langley.Now if only we could find a Ian Lenagan Mark II to finance the club..

Results this season have gone 2-1 in Featherstone's favour,. and they will not come down to London to roll over. By all accounts the Fev performance against Hull KR was way better than the London effort the week before. It not inconcievable that the last round could see wins for Batley and Featherstone with Salford playing the MPG by default. .But I hope not, as the Broncos need to sign off on a high and who knows what could happen if there is a downpour at Mount Pleasant..

One jarring note though - Against Huill KR the card reader a the Turnstile Hut was not working and there are two types of fan Season Ticket holders and Members. ST holdrrs have a Red polo shirt with a white stripe and members a Black one with a white stripe but as I was to find out once comparing cards at Ealing Broadway with a ST holder, the light blue cards presented at the turnstiles are almost exactly the same for ST holders and members. .

This would explain why on a few occasions I have had to insist on paying my £ 12 entry rather than cheat the cluvb by being waved through.without paying and I wonder how many have been..And while I know the club takes an almost perverse pleasure in being a loss leader for our benefactor. This needs to be sorted for next season.

Only in Rugby League.. :rolleyes:

Agree with all of the above, including the last bit. I have been to four games this season and each time come away with the feeling that if I had not wanted to bother paying, I could have got away with it (full disclosure - I have always paid!). The move away from the trestle table doesn't seem to have made any difference.

I'll be there on Sunday and hope to see London wrap up an excellent season with a win of any description. It will be very tough though as you say. If they get a win, well then let's have a look at the Batley game and hope for a miracle. Either way, second among the Championship clubs in both the regular season and Qualifiers would be a terrific achievement.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Results this season have gone 2-1 in Featherstone's favour,. and they will not come down to London to roll over. By all accounts the Fev performance against Hull KR was way better than the London effort the week before.

It's a fascinating contest, if only because of the contradictory "form lines" (not that I think they count for much in RL). The respective home games v Hull KR give a 32-point edge to Fev (lost by 8 as opposed to 40). But the respective away games against Salford suggest London have a 57-point advantage (London won by 3pts, Fev lost by 54).

Fev gained two emphatic wins against London this season (though the Cup game wasn't a good guide as both teams fielded severely weakened sides). The League game at Ealing featured a second half comeback by London, though Fev will point to the fact that they looked to have the game in control before three bad second-half injuries took their toll.

Difficult to predict this one, and London have more to play for with the £1m game still a possibility. As a Fev fan it's hard to be too optimistic given we might be struggling to find 17 fit players (Sharp has said "if you can put on a pair of boots you'll play"), and the huge effort of the three consecutive must-win games against Batley, Halifax and Bradford at the end of the regular season certainly seems to have taken its toll in the Qualifiers.

Moreover, London seem to be looking a better team now than earlier in the season, especially with Soward in the line-up. Still, the Fev team spirit this season has been very good and I'm hoping we have one final big effort left in us.

It's a fascinating contest, if only because of the contradictory "form lines" (not that I think they count for much in RL). The respective home games v Hull KR give a 32-point edge to Fev (lost by 8 as opposed to 40). But the respective away games against Salford suggest London have a 57-point advantage (London won by 3pts, Fev lost by 54).

Fev gained two emphatic wins against London this season (though the Cup game wasn't a good guide as both teams fielded severely weakened sides). The League game at Ealing featured a second half comeback by London, though Fev will point to the fact that they looked to have the game in control before three bad second-half injuries took their toll.

Difficult to predict this one, and London have more to play for with the £1m game still a possibility. As a Fev fan it's hard to be too optimistic given we might be struggling to find 17 fit players (Sharp has said "if you can put on a pair of boots you'll play"), and the huge effort of the three consecutive must-win games against Batley, Halifax and Bradford at the end of the regular season certainly seems to have taken its toll in the Qualifiers.

Moreover, London seem to be looking a better team now than earlier in the season, especially with Soward in the line-up. Still, the Fev team spirit this season has been very good and I'm hoping we have one final big effort left in us.

I was wondering if Hardaker was doing nothing on Sunday he might give Fev a lift! :)

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Despite finishing behind London in the league I think Fev have their number and could win this one. Having said that, with the injuries and assumed lack of motivation coupled with London's assumed better motivation plus Soward, I expect a London win by around 12.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

Despite finishing behind London in the league I think Fev have their number and could win this one. Having said that, with the injuries and assumed lack of motivation coupled with London's assumed better motivation plus Soward, I expect a London win by around 12.

Well I hope you're wrong.  We certainly gave Hull KR a scare and but for one or two perverse decisions by the officials, and an appalling drop by Danny Craven, could have sneaked it.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

So do I but you have to take each game on its merits.

We were 32-12 down to HKR with not long left, I wouldnt kid myself that the ref robbed us, although it was a much improved performance.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

London 6 Fev 0

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

18-0 at half-time and an excellent forty minutes against a very capable Featherstone side.

Standouts so far have been Elliot Kear, rock solid at the back, and Jamie Soward, whose calm control and communication is magnificent. Only negative is three missed kicks which might already have this out of sight.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Barely five minutes after the half-time hooter, the Fev trainers have the training pads out and the team are out training again. Pretty impressive dedication in the last game of the season.

Im not there JB, but your comments about Fev sound extremely generous compared to the feedback Im getting from Rovers fans at the game.

Possibly but then I haven't seen much of Fev this year. My impression was that they started well, ran the ball in hard but then dropped off after a well-worked opening try by the Broncos.

In the second half, the Featherstone players got visibly frustrated with one another and it all unravelled rather painfully. They did lack a bit of luck at times but London had far too much class and were able to spend the last half hour basking in the sunshine and a very successful season.

Sequence of play of the game was the Fev scrum-half Thackeray taking an interception on his own twenty, having fully 40m start and being run down fairly easily by Kear. As Featherstone swung the ball to the opposite side, Ben Hellewell took a counter-interception and this time he was far too quick for the Featherstone cover and raced under the sticks.

Possibly but then I haven't seen much of Fev this year. My impression was that they started well, ran the ball in hard but then dropped off after a well-worked opening try by the Broncos.

In the second half, the Featherstone players got visibly frustrated with one another and it all unravelled rather painfully. They did lack a bit of luck at times but London had far too much class and were able to spend the last half hour basking in the sunshine and a very successful season.

Sequence of play of the game was the Fev scrum-half Thackeray taking an interception on his own twenty, having fully 40m start and being run down fairly easily by Kear. As Featherstone swung the ball to the opposite side, Ben Hellewell took a counter-interception and this time he was far too quick for the Featherstone cover and raced under the sticks.

Fair do's to London who were just pipped for a MPG spot.

But comments from some of the Fev faithful of 150 who went were more along the lines of: shambolic/schoolboys errors/couldnt wait for the season to finish/woeful defending.

It's been a good season for us. I have enjoyed being at Trailfinders this season. It is local and nice on a sunny afternoon .Being able to buy a decent pint and some reasonable food certainly helps as well. I genuinely hope we don't move again anytime again soon.

Had Leigh not been so strong as they were then I think we would have got to the MPG. I am already looking forward to next season and I wasn't confident of saying that at the beginning of the season. There were a lot of doommongers on this forum amongst long term London RL fans at the beginning of the season and I am pleased that they have been proved wrong. (Despite predictions attendances have stabilised.)

Well done to the club, the players, the coach and of course the loyal and long term London fans. Is this post a bit too positive for this forum?

Archived