End of season consequences

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough one that!

what kind of team do Sts field in that match, Wire will probably pummel Quins

soooo if it goes as it "should" (Sts win Wire win) Crusaders would nip in with a result against Hull KR

I think :blink:

Even as a Wire I am sorry but Westwood is nowhere near as skillful as Super Sam or Ellis.
Wazza's main industrys are service industries, call centres, warehouses and the public sector nowadays. All three are under threat from the Tory cuts.

After a win in the last game at the Jungle this season, Cas have it back in their hands.

A Win at Saints and Cas are in!

I would say that is more difficult than it sounds, Saints need to win and by alot to hold onto 2nd place.

This is the last ever league game at saints so the fans and players should be up for this.

Recent results

Castleford 18 V 52 St. Helens

Castleford 22 V 68 St. Helens

St. Helens 50 V 10 Castleford

Castleford 30 V 24 St. Helens

St. Helens 68 V 12 Castleford

St. Helens 44 V 8 Castleford

Castleford 4 V 72 St. Helens

Castleford 14 V 22 St. Helens

St. Helens 52 V 8 Castleford

St. Helens 54 V 12 Castleford

Castleford 32 V 46 St. Helens

Castleford 36 V 22 St. Helens

St. Helens 26 V 16 Castleford

St. Helens 36 V 16 Castleford

Castleford 28 V 26 St. Helens

Castleford 22 V 32 St. Helens

St. Helens 42 V 18 Castleford

So you need to go back 8 years for a Cas win, a Cas win at Saints I'm not sure when that was.

Sorry did not mean to rain on your parade.

It's all about da bass

cant see cas beating st.s and after hull kr lost to wigan today they have nothing left to play for as they cant take other huddersfield, so will hull kr choice to play a full side to build some momentum for the play-offs or will they rest all there stars, if they do then crus could nick the 8th spot

COME ON THE CORN

CLASSY CAS 4EVA

Go Go Go York City Knights!

I would say that is more difficult than it sounds, Saints need to win and by alot to hold onto 2nd place.

This is the last ever league game at saints so the fans and players should be up for this.

Recent results

Castleford 18 V 52 St. Helens

Castleford 22 V 68 St. Helens

St. Helens 50 V 10 Castleford

Castleford 30 V 24 St. Helens

St. Helens 68 V 12 Castleford

St. Helens 44 V 8 Castleford

Castleford 4 V 72 St. Helens

Castleford 14 V 22 St. Helens

St. Helens 52 V 8 Castleford

St. Helens 54 V 12 Castleford

Castleford 32 V 46 St. Helens

Castleford 36 V 22 St. Helens

St. Helens 26 V 16 Castleford

St. Helens 36 V 16 Castleford

Castleford 28 V 26 St. Helens

Castleford 22 V 32 St. Helens

St. Helens 42 V 18 Castleford

So you need to go back 8 years for a Cas win, a Cas win at Saints I'm not sure when that was.

Sorry did not mean to rain on your parade.

Not wishing to be picky, but by your stats they need only go back 2 years for a win?

Even as a Wire I am sorry but Westwood is nowhere near as skillful as Super Sam or Ellis.
Wazza's main industrys are service industries, call centres, warehouses and the public sector nowadays. All three are under threat from the Tory cuts.

I don't think any team wants to go into the play-offs on the back of a defeat, so I reckon next weeks games will go with form and that means Cas will hold on to 8th spot. I don't think they'll get very far, though. But, good luck to them.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

I don't think any team wants to go into the play-offs on the back of a defeat, so I reckon next weeks games will go with form and that means Cas will hold on to 8th spot. I don't think they'll get very far, though. But, good luck to them.

id just be happy to be there B)

COME ON THE CORN

CLASSY CAS 4EVA

Go Go Go York City Knights!

I think I want Cas do it rather than Crusaders

I think Cru have done brill this season after all the upheaval, and I do think the decisions have been against them recently, but still they have a lot to be proud of, and have a good season under their belt, from which I am sure they will improve...oh and they have my fav 70's throwback Sammut

Whereas Cas, I prefer as I have friends there, and I hope although they won't get much further, that it offers a little protection from any axe hanging over them

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

This weekend has seen the end of Wakefield as we have known it. They were well beaten by the lowly Bradford, and are almost certain to finish up in 11th spot, unless they can beat Salford at the Willows, in which case they might end up 10th. Either way their poor on field performance, when taken together with their years of unfulfilled promises of a new stadium, should ensure the axe falls on their collective neck in 2011. Relegation to the Championship would seem obligatory. The blustering Sir Rodney Dangerfield Walker will huff and puff, but the purported influence on rugby league of this pompous man is by now all imaginary.

Castleford are walking a thin line. Should they make the top 8 they will still be in the 50-50 category of clubs being considered for a SL license next year. But if they miss out on 8th place, and are overtaken by expansion club Crusaders, their fate looks less secure. Lack of a new stadium alone should be enough to win them the axe. But a failure to qualify in the top 8 when a new club Crusaders do qualify, will make relegation more likely.

Edited by ParisSurtout

Le rugby a treize, c'est moi!

_____

You're worse than most for starting new threads when there already is one...do you have to be centre of attention?

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

You're worse than most for starting new threads when there already is one...do you have to be centre of attention?

There is no such alternative thread focusing on the consequences of this week's and next week's results for the licenses.

Do you always have to come forward in the role of the village idiot?

Edited by ParisSurtout

_____

You got that covered on your own

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.

He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.

And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

There is no such alternative thread focusing on the consequences of this week's and next week's results for the licenses.

So are you gonna create the same thread over and over every week? Goodo, thats gonna be fun.

There only one idiot and thats you. Keep taking your drugs pal as your posts are always good for a laugh

There only one idiot and thats you. Keep taking your drugs pal as your posts are always good for a laugh

Paris earlier today

attention.png

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.

He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.

And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

This weekend has seen the end of Wakefield as we have known it. They were well beaten by the lowly Bradford, and are almost certain to finish up in 11th spot, unless they can beat Salford at the Willows, in which case they might end up 10th. Either way their poor on field performance, when taken together with their years of unfulfilled promises of a new stadium, should ensure the axe falls on their collective neck in 2011. Relegation to the Championship would seem obligatory. The blustering Sir Rodney Dangerfield Walker will huff and puff, but the purported influence on rugby league of this pompous man is by now all imaginary.

Castleford are walking a thin line. Should they make the top 8 they will still be in the 50-50 category of clubs being considered for a SL license next year. But if they miss out on 8th place, and are overtaken by expansion club Crusaders, their fate looks less secure. Lack of a new stadium alone should be enough to win them the axe. But a failure to qualify in the top 8 when a new club Crusaders do qualify, will make relegation more likely.

are you saying both clubs are for the chop :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Lambsakes you're no fun, just a cotton pickin minute while I go and iron my gingham shirts and restring my banjo pardner

I like this one better

seeker.jpg

are you saying both clubs are for the chop :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I am saying that Wakefield have played themsleves into near certainties for the chop, while Castleford are now 50-50. Both have received warning letters from the RFL but both seem unable to satisfy the demands of the RFL.

Next weekend will be very important for Castleford regarding the SL license decisionmaking of 2011. But I think that Wakefield are by now goners.

Edited by ParisSurtout

_____

I am saying that Wakefield have played themsleves into near certainties for the chop, while Castleford are now 50-50. Both have received warning letters from the RFL but both seem unable to satisfy the demands of the RFL.

Next weekend will be very important for Castleford regarding the SL license decisionmaking of 2011. But I think that Wakefield are by now goners.

Remind who is bottom of SL? And how did Toulouse go on against a weakened Fax side this week? Where are Toulouse in the Championship? Before worrying about English teams you should be worried at the poor standard of the French teams.

I w(ould say as a rugby supporter you are correct because wakefield have made no effort to progress from the level they are, but as a featherstone supporter castleford do deserve top flight status look at the preview to the callenge cup yet again a castleford school(credit where its due) competing for the school championship. they have a core support that can match warrington any day of the week. all they need is the quality arena they deserve :wacko::wacko: i would take my hat off when they get it :closedeyes: :closedeyes: :closedeyes: