Hull KR rename their "famous" 10-5 Suite...

Just received a pm from my good mate Steve Reed informing me that Rovers have now "moved on" and decided to rename the 10-5 bar, named after the scoreline of their only Challenge Cup win, which will now be called the "1882 Suite", 1882 being the year they were formed.

Firstly, when considering this news, I have to point out that Rovers have in fact moved down rather than moved on.

Also, I can't help but wonder whether removing a Challenge Cup scoreline was an attempt at helping their fans forget the infamous scoreline of the 2015 final.

Or is it to try and help them forget the most recent Wembley final?

Answers on a postcard from the Blackpool Bash please.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

formed in 1882 - that's some history.....

Why did it take them till 1899 to join the Northern Union formed in 1895?

With such a history it must be galling to them in the East when newcomers like Hull FC Gateshull Thundersharks win 2 challenge cups so soon into their history :drag:

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

Here Old Frightful baits up his peg and waits for the bites.

Well worth 5 mins of your time crafting that one - almost worth starting a thread for!

Redtrev didn't disappoint.
With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

Oh dear. Are you bored Frightful??

Naturally, it is the close season after all.

Disappointed in your partial response to my peace offering. You were always so raw about the score 10-5 I thought you would welcome the Xmas offering from your other raw point, Neil Hudgells the best owner in RFL.

But guess your wish for Rovers demise has bitten the dust given our season ticket sales, soon to exceed last season, the fact that nearly 90% of fans have refused the 25% discount, the increase in commercial sponsors both in numbers and in some cases in cash, the off field success of a 23500 crowd for Paul Heaton at prices from £30-60, the Bierfest, the Pantomine, the 2 great shirts and fantastic sales....

Bad news 2 players already out for all or most of the season.

Onwards and upwards.

Here come the Hull comics...I for one will not be bothered to help them to their best crowd of the season in the pre season friendly.

I get my laughs now from the ridiculous league predictions based on Sneyds poor performances and old man Ellis crawling on to the pitch every other game.Likely to be 5th if lucky!

It will be enjoyable in the Championship!

Who's opening the 1882 suite? Tchaikovsky?

He unfortunately passed away so we might not be able to book him...

Unless your trying to go for some obscure, clever Tchaikovsky reference, but the only one that comes to mind is 1812 - so your 70 years out on that too!

Anyhoo... Looks like OF's Rovers chumming has had the desired effect!

Archived