Gale
Hill
Houghton
Taylor
Currie
Minichelo
Ellis

Is that Jane or Henry Fonda?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Good job you changed 'Manured' before the WDL logged in.

I feel like Gidley can count himself lucky to be in there from a Wire perspective: Clark and Sandoe have been far more important, but of course they play in different positions.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

From a Warrington perspective Clark has been our best player this season and can probably feel unlucky to miss out. I appreciate that Houghton has had a great year and made headlines with his famous tackle at Wembley but i actually think that even in the Wembley match Clark outplayed him (2 clean breaks in an otherwise tight game spring straight to mind). Hard to argue with too many of the other picks except perhaps for Gidley who i think has been good, but can perhaps feel slightly lucky to be included.

Hopefully Clark will get a chance for England as a really think we need someone with his ability to create a break or a try out of nothing.

One thing that is interesting here is whether 6 and 7 are considered different positions or could say two number 7s be selected in the dream team. At most clubs it is now hard to distinguish between 6 and 7, as they simply do the same job as each other but on opposite halves of the pitch.

When was this voted/selected?

Not going to argue with too many of them but it appears a touch strange that the 3rd placed team gets 6 selections - more than the other top 4 teams put together.

Nice to see so many new faces there.

Not going to argue with too many of them but it appears a touch strange that the 3rd placed team gets 6 selections - more than the other top 4 teams put together.

Hmmph!

The HFCDL is forming and will be along shortly.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

Whilst we're at it then, only 3 possible England players in that Hull 6. Come on Hull, up your game there! Far be it for me to defend Wigan but they have 100% home grown players in the dream team. :tongue:

now we're talking! Hull FC have had it far too easy from us rival fans this year!

2 very poor centres there (historically speaking). In fact in general it's a poor team but that just sums up the current standard of SL!

I have to agree.  It may well be the best we have (It may well not be) but when you look at that team, in comparison to some of the past, it really is lacking in class.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

2 very poor centres there (historically speaking). In fact in general it's a poor team but that just sums up the current standard of SL!

Definately a worrying drop in the standards over the last 3 years.

This team is a poor comparison to the 2013 which contained:

Ben Crooks

Tom Lineham

Eorl Crabtree

Matty Smith

Shaun Lunt

Danny Kirmond

For us, Williams must have been close and Bateman would have stood a good chance but for his sabbatical.

Illustrates the mountain our threadbare team has to climb on Friday. 6 nil speaks for itself.

Great stuff EW, keep it coming.

You'd have appreciated the piece on BBC Look North last night. It was introduced with the statement that Hull FC players made up the majority of the Super League Dream Team. 

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Definately a worrying drop in the standards over the last 3 years.

This team is a poor comparison to the 2013 which contained:

Ben Crooks

Tom Lineham

Eorl Crabtree

Matty Smith

Shaun Lunt

Danny Kirmond

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

For us, Williams must have been close and Bateman would have stood a good chance but for his sabbatical.

Illustrates the mountain our threadbare team has to climb on Friday. 6 nil speaks for itself.

:biggrin: Nice try. 

Actually, no it wasn't.  :rolleyes:

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

In an early draft I had our boys getting autographs...

Was your scenario like when the two teams usually line up for the cameras before the kick off with the toddlers in front of them, only this Friday the Hull team will line up with the Wigan team in front of them?

Archived