GRIT

ginaldo

I don't think we were at our best today after going 10 nil down after 10 mins and playing down hill I was thinking it was going to be one of those days, but they got stuck in and turned it round working hard for each other,even playing with 12 men they wouldn't buckle and defended superbly and deserved to win ,well done boys .

What was the attendance I think Keegan was my man of the match. And Lillycrop's try should have stood. It was grounded when he first hit the ground.

About 1500ish someone said.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

About 1500ish someone said.

I'm always surprised that you don't announce the attendance during the match; most other clubs do nowadays.

I was also surprised that your team insisted upon playing us largely down the middle. We were really vulnerable out wide as your tries showed, yet you kept turning the ball back inside. It reminded me of the Peter Fox days at Bradford.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

I'm always surprised that you don't announce the attendance during the match; most other clubs do nowadays.

I was also surprised that your team insisted upon playing us largely down the middle. We were really vulnerable out wide as your tries showed, yet you kept turning the ball back inside. It reminded me of the Peter Fox days at Bradford.

Enough to win though!!

Same as when we were down to 12 men and had a half back exposed defending out wide and dewsbury insisted on atracking our opposite flank.

Think everyone in the ground could see how vulnerable we were except the 13 dewsbury lads.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

This match followed a similar pattern to the Blackpool game, except Dewsbury's going off the boil happened a lot earlier; at Blackpool they got 20-12 up and then faded, today they faded after going 10-0 up after about 15 minutes in. We played some pedestrian stuff down the hill yet managed to run in 3 tries as Dewsbury didn't seem intense enough after their early tries. Then, when they came out fresh to go down the hill, and score straight away, they had it all on their side. That's when defence took over, and even when we had a man off they didn't put it out wide. We can be weak enough out wide with the 2 wingers we have without having to put Brambani out there. Not many teams can take us on down the middle in the forwards but put it out wide and we're anybody's. Can't see Dewsbury's argument that they're weak wide out, the tries we did score out on the wings all came as missed tackles infield which put their wingers in impossible positions. We need a lot of work doing by the coaching team to tighten up our first 10 minutes of each half, we always go down the first score, even 2, and coming back won't always work. Was surprised to see Mariano named at centre, but it soon became apparent that he and Brev had swapped, and I thought Mariano had a decent first half, and recently we were talking about DR players fitting in and feeling at home: I think he was full of Batley today, first on the scene to congratulate scorers AND he still knows how to tackle legs!! The 2 men of steel (no not Rowe and Brown!!) Brev and Scott had their usual first class games, Brown was quieter today, did too much running sideways, Tom and Rowey  ran in like their usual selves, and Keegan is becoming quite an adept ball handler. Regardless of having to play London and Featherstone yet, I believe next week to be our hardest game, Whitehaven's halves are tremendous and with Parker running off them this game could be trouble. No going behind by 2 scores next week................

What was the attendance I think Keegan was my man of the match. And Lillycrop's try should have stood. It was grounded when he first hit the ground.

cant give keagan it after he let there 2nd try just walk straight pasted him, tbh i think dave scot had a realy good game today so think he got it on my vote

hate to agree with bsj but he does have a point, 1 man rugby straight into markers every time

cant give keagan it after he let there 2nd try just walk straight pasted him, tbh i think dave scot had a realy good game today so think he got it on my vote

Keegan was beaten in a typical mismatch, smaller, quicker man just too much for him.

Rowe looked good, Davey dangerous around the PTB, and Bretherton as usual.

Keegan was beaten in a typical mismatch, smaller, quicker man just too much for him.

yeh agree, was good to see rowe back and bretherton has played fantastic and solid so far this season, hope he signs for another year.....

yeh agree, was good to see rowe back and bretherton has played fantastic and solid so far this season, hope he signs for another year.....

Archived