Does the England RL team need a national stadium?

NickG14

We don't play enough games in a season to worry about things like this.

Old Trafford's ground will do for the odd game.

Let's not forget that other major stadiums hire out for concerts, NFL games etc and with no major stadiums in Yorkshire there is a vacuum there. It's value will be in the ability to sell it as an all purpose venue.

Leeds would be the best place. Biggest population centre (of rugby league fans), central to all, big city, attractive for tourists.

But there just aren't enough games in the rugby league calendar to justify it.

What are the Tourist attractions?

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

I'd agree with Leeds if Leeds City Council part funded an Etihad Style stadium for Leeds. Could be co tenants with Leeds United and have most of HQ running out of or near there. It doesn't have to mean all England games are played there, as I also do like how England RL takes games all over (for example I'd have liked to RFL to have organised a similar arrangement with the Olympic Stadium when it went up for tender). However, the chances of all this happening are even less likely than Trump, Brexit and Leicester City all in the same year. It appears that stars that don't even exist yet would have to align.

You are confused. Counties that create structures out of stone are not still considered to be stone age. If that was the case Yorkshire would be in the dried dung and straw age.

As opposed to Lancashire which hasn't crawled out of the primordial soup yet.

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

Soup would be a step up for Yorkshire wouldn't it.. until now you only have the water that collects in your wellies heated by the sun and stocked with the odd fallen leaf.

You are in every way, shape and form, inferior to Yorkshiremen. Whilst I admire your feeble attempts to prove otherwise, you are at the bottom of the evolutionary ladder.Enjoy your soup.

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

Archived