Found this for Workington Town fans (and dewsbury)

great video.that phil mkenzie didnt look to bad aswell. ;)

He was magnificent with us, though his last season was horrible to watch. He was on a big wage and they seemed to make him play no matter how injured he was, it was a bit ridiculous at times. He is possibly my favourite player from that era, either him or big Jimmy Pick. McKenzie made one pass that I remember even now, running left to right he twisted all the way round left to right and put a man through a gap on his right. It was an incredible pass.

great clip yanto - more please!

that was in the first half of the season iirc, yet they talk as if promotion was a certainty. i don't think town were top until january.

keith macklin was superb as well. alhough stuart cocker isn't an compatriot of mulligan's!

what a team though. and when they got promoted, finished 9th out of 16 at the first go.

Memories of the way it used to be misty water colour memories of the way we were. Ah, some of the good old days and as yanto points out Town did get promoted to the Big League and didn't go right back down again but finished 9th of 16 teams.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

That's a great clip, thoroughly enjoyed watching it! Some great tries (particularly the clincher) and a superb 2 points from the touch-line. What year is it from btw?? Also all their accents are so funny!! The elderly man at the start says "and that's workington town, dewsbury, keighley and ....." Who is the fourth team?

That's a great clip, thoroughly enjoyed watching it! Some great tries (particularly the clincher) and a superb 2 points from the touch-line. What year is it from btw?? Also all their accents are so funny!! The elderly man at the start says "and that's workington town, dewsbury, keighley and ....." Who is the fourth team?

Uddersfield

Nowt rang wit lingo.

Memories of the way it used to be misty water colour memories of the way we were. Ah, some of the good old days and as yanto points out Town did get promoted to the Big League and didn't go right back down again but finished 9th of 16 teams.

Richard gets the credit for that Keith not me .

If you take a look at some of the old clips on that site there are some real gems of Workington in its industrial heyday.

Edited by yanto

What year is it from btw??

94/95 would be my guess

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.

He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.

And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

Town did get promoted to the Big League and didn't go right back down again but finished 9th of 16 teams.

Yeah and that was after we were bottom at christmas with only 6 points. We then beat Halifax in early January and went on to win 10 of our final 14 league games.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Yes you're right, we had 5 points at Xmas not 6 - we'd beaten Doncaster and Hull and drew with Cas.

Can you remember which teams it was we nilled at DP? I remember one being Bradford.

Can you remember which teams it was we nilled at DP? I remember one being Bradford.

We only nilled one team at DP - beat Salford 34-0 - but we kept other teams to low scores such as Fev 2, Hull 4 etc

Also, that was the season we got the club record victory when we beat Leigh 94-4.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Also, that was the season we got the club record victory when we beat Leigh 94-4.

:P thanks for that reminder - at least we've never done worse since 1995

Edited by amh

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

We only nilled one team at DP - beat Salford 34-0 - but we kept other teams to low scores such as Fev 2, Hull 4 etc

Are you sure? I thought we nilled 2 or 3 on the bounce. I remember us battering Bradford though when they were still the steampigs. Though we could probably give em a good game now... :P

Are you sure? I thought we nilled 2 or 3 on the bounce. I remember us battering Bradford though when they were still the steampigs. Though we could probably give em a good game now... :P

Bradford was something like 34-12. It was played 3 days after an England game in which Newlove got injured and so missed the Town game. Dave Watson got sin binned and we scored three tries while he was off the field.

Seem to remember Shaun Austerfield debuted for them and had a nightmare at fullback.

Can't remember any other nillings than Salford.