Shirt updates

andyram

Thought we would have had the opportunity to order new shirts online.It said on twitter a while back that w\c 7th November we would see new products available.

Also still waiting to find the date for the shirt launch in December. Wonder if there's a delay or problem.Nice if the club could keep us updated.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This isn't meant to be trolling or whatever it is called, but why do Dewsbury not go to a local supplier rather than a European supplier? Surely the advantages of having the supplier on the doorstep rather then in Italy (is that right?) would negate any cost issues. 

I am completely in the dark regarding the ins and outs of this, and suspect that it is probably a far more complex issue than l can imagine, but to me it never seemed to make sense when Batley did the same!

This isn't meant to be trolling or whatever it is called, but why do Dewsbury not go to a local supplier rather than a European supplier? Surely the advantages of having the supplier on the doorstep rather then in Italy (is that right?) would negate any cost issues.

I am completely in the dark regarding the ins and outs of this, and suspect that it is probably a far more complex issue than l can imagine, but to me it never seemed to make sense when Batley did the same!

Fair comment mate

Does batley have their stock of shirts in already for the fans to buy??

Fair comment mate

Does batley have their stock of shirts in already for the fans to buy??

Friday's launch, when stuff will be there to buy. But this isn't meant to be look what we do, aren't we great etc. And l am not just talking about Batley's supplier.

Are there others?

Well Batley do! But that is my point. Are the local suppliers not up to it then?

Would be interesting to compare both suppliers for

Speed of delivery

Cost of products

Quality of product

Profit margins

This would then dictate which is the better option for me

Agree mate

I said the same thing on the forum two years back when our shirt manufacturer wasn't returning the club's e-mails,we ended up getting a deal in Australia because it was the cheapest deal around.

2016's shirt manufacturer are based in Huddersfield, so that's pretty local.

Our new deal is a three year one with a company who deals a lot with rugby clubs including Wigan,they are based in Italy.Think it must be the best deal for the club at the time of looking around.

My own opinion would be to go with Batley's manufacturer Ravensport,the shirts we had from them was one of the best we had,local and very helpful too. Maybe in the future,we could be having them again??

And don't forget andyram

The shirts were promised without fail for the lucrative xmas market ;)

Almost a month now after the launch date

You are correct, communication from the club to the fans about the delay isn't happening like it used to be.A simple note on twitter or the club's website to tell us what's happening would help.

My own reason for the delay might be we have two new sponsor's on board,which needs putting on the new shirts or shorts,then again I might be completely wrong.

but why do Dewsbury not go to a local supplier rather than a European supplier? Surely the advantages of having the supplier on the doorstep rather then in Italy

A free weekend trip to ravensthorpe or Italy Hmmm let me weigh that one up carefully ;)

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

If you recall previous correspondence aboushirts the club's problem continues to be the penalties incurred for selling fewer shirts than contracted, rather than the actual source of the shirts. A simple fact is that Batley (and Hunslet believe it or not) sell more shirts than we do. This makes our contractual obligations muvh greater.

I believe that this is the reason why we have to keep changing suppliers.

I have no idea why the shirts are not yet available, however.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

If you recall previous correspondence aboushirts the club's problem continues to be the penalties incurred for selling fewer shirts than contracted, rather than the actual source of the shirts. A simple fact is that Batley (and Hunslet believe it or not) sell more shirts than we do. This makes our contractual obligations muvh greater.

I have no idea why the shirts are not yet available, however.

I have seen this before, and find it amazing - though have no reason to disbelieve it. It might be interesting to find out the reasons for this. I know that the clubs at our level do not make much from selling replica shirts, and therefore l assume that the suppliers do not either!

So the problem is your lot don't buy enough replica shirts.

There may be a simple solution  to this conundrum... I'll give it some thought.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

So the problem is your lot don't buy enough replica shirts.

There may be a simple solution to this conundrum... I'll give it some thought.

Give it some thought

Maybe it's because our aging supporters have humteen shirts from countless years of buying shirts,and they feel the need to "buy another shirt to throw in the wardrobe " is not an option

£15 quid a game,folk struggling for disposable out goings on leisure, strong competition for value for money during the summer months.

I presume a quantity of shirts has to be sold for us as a club to recieve free addons like training kit and such like.

If that's the case we have to look at new incentives to buy a shirt,maybe tieing them in with a season ticket offer,or you buy a shirt and the team sign it for free,more personalised shirts with names on them,selling raffle tickets at games for 50p each for a signed shirt.

Maybe thru the amber ribbon could exploit something on these lines

You've only gotta sell 80 tickets to cover a £40 shirt

If we have 15 home games over a season...that's 15 more shirts sold,run competitions in schools and a vip day out and a shirt for the winner in each school.

Maybe the fans are wanting more leisurewear rather than "another shirt"

I suspect there is very little profit in a shirt to the club

So forfeit the little profit on each shirt to increase profit on some other margin.

Or in English

Why make a fiver on a shirt

By a different approach you can make a tenner using a different direction.

Your not going to sell sand to the Arabs...when they have loads,

But you will if it includes a

Bucket & spade & a spinney thing for their sand castles.

We have ebay and other sites

Bang a signed scarf or shirt on there and reach a bigger audience.. Believe it or not there's dewsbury fans all over the world..club needs to get hungry and explore different avenues.

I have seen this before, and find it amazing - though have no reason to disbelieve it. It might be interesting to find out the reasons for this. I know that the clubs at our level do not make much from selling replica shirts, and therefore l assume that the suppliers do not either!

The contract that clubs enter into stipulate a minimum number of purchases. Failure to achieve this objective triggers a penalty clause, which can be £10k.

Not a sum for any Championship club to ignore.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Give it some thought

Maybe it's because our aging supporters have humteen shirts from countless years of buying shirts,and they feel the need to "buy another shirt to throw in the wardrobe " is not an option

£15 quid a game,folk struggling for disposable out goings on leisure, strong competition for value for money during the summer months.

I presume a quantity of shirts has to be sold for us as a club to recieve free addons like training kit and such like.

If that's the case we have to look at new incentives to buy a shirt,maybe tieing them in with a season ticket offer,or you buy a shirt and the team sign it for free,more personalised shirts with names on them,selling raffle tickets at games for 50p each for a signed shirt.

If we have 15 home games over a season...that's 15 more shirts sold,run competitions in schools and a vip day out and a shirt for the winner in each school.

So forfeit the little profit on each shirt to increase profit on some other margin.

Or in English

Bang a signed scarf or shirt on there and reach a bigger audience.. Believe it or not there's dewsbury fans all over the world..club needs to get hungry and explore different avenues.

You gave it some thought Coolie, but not really enough I'm afraid.

Every point that you make applies to the other clubs in the Championship, but why do they sell more shirts than we do in the first instance? Are Dewsbury fans less committed, more difficult to please, poorer, etc.?

I don't know but would love to hesr from someone who does.

(p.s. before hanging this on the coach is the problem hook, do realise that this goes back many, many years.)

Is it because you stick rigidly to the red amber and black hoops and nearly every fan has one so why buy another?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Every point that you make applies to the other clubs in the Championship, but why do they sell more shirts than we do in the first instance? Are Dewsbury fans less committed, more difficult to please, poorer, etc.?

(p.s. before hanging this on the coach is the problem hook, do realise that this goes back many, many years.)

Yeah I can see the many many years bit

Might be the feeling of disconnection fans feel from the club or previous regime's antics of filling pockets,in the general public there without doubt an animosity against Dewsbury, very little connections with local amateur RL..it appears someone at sometime burnt a lot of bridges with the community.

You've to have a team on the field to entertain them,but equally important you've to have a team off the field to get them there to be entertained

Both factors we fail

So are we surprised at our current plight??

Some of us... no.

Bigger question is

How is it to be turned around??

I suspect it's an age thing. A snazzy RAB shirt on a slim young lad is an OK look, but on a fat old bloke it's not. There comes a time in most blokes lives, when their significant other halves tactfully suggests they look a pig in the latest fashion offering. It seems to me that the average age of  Rams supporters is rising, and the younger end are not being attracted, so naturally demand for shirts is dropping - probably in common with the other less fashionable championship clubs. As Coolie suggests, it may be time to concentrate on Rams leisurewear, which doesn't need updating every season.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Give it some thought

Or in English

You're over-complicating things, Coolie.

What you need is a trend-setter to buy a new shirt.

A revered member of the South Stand would fit the bill, demanding the respect of his fellow sufferers.

Somebody prepared to put aside his life-long aversion to wearing replica shirts for the greater good.

Such a supporter (were one to be found) would immediately cause a mad dash of fellow South Standers (and most likely a similar volume of the prawn sandwich brigade from the posh seats opposite) to buy huge numbers of replica shirts.

If only you could find such a supporter...

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

You're over-complicating things, Coolie.

What you need is a trend-setter to buy a new shirt.

A revered member of the South Stand would fit the bill, demanding the respect of his fellow sufferers.

Somebody prepared to put aside his life-long aversion to wearing replica shirts for the greater good.

Such a supporter (were one to be found) would immediately cause a mad dash of fellow South Standers (and most likely a similar volume of the prawn sandwich brigade from the posh seats opposite) to buy huge numbers of replica shirts.

If only you could find such a supporter...

You can buy a lot of prawn sarnies for the price of a German flag with sleeves.

Not that there's owt wrong with the German flag mind.  ;)

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

I suspect it's an age thing. A snazzy RAB shirt on a slim young lad is an OK look, but on a fat old bloke it's not. There comes a time in most blokes lives, when their significant other halves tactfully suggests they look a pig in the latest fashion offering. It seems to me that the average age of  Rams supporters is rising, and the younger end are not being attracted, so naturally demand for shirts is dropping - probably in common with the other less fashionable championship clubs. As Coolie suggests, it may be time to concentrate on Rams leisurewear, which doesn't need updating every season.

Fair comment GOR but, once again, the same situation occurs at every Championship club, not just ours.

Archived