Clubs should consider tech and augmented reality in the game day experience

How can tech be used to enhance the game day experience?

Is there suitable WiFi at grounds?

And what about augmented reality(virtual reality interaction)? There are opportunities there to modernise the game day and bring a new type of audience and also be a market leader in the area.

Augmented reality could be used to give player information, stats during the game

Urinals that dont smell of tramps testes

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Get a chip on all the players so when you hold your camera over them, you can click on them and get stats on them.

In all fairness, that probably isn't that difficult to implement with today's technology.

i think the stats thing could be interesting. Having a matchday app which gives the stats at halftime, or live, could make it interesting.

i think the stats thing could be interesting. Having a matchday app which gives the stats at halftime, or live, could make it interesting.

at nrl games we can check the stats on our phones.

We can also wear headphones that allows us to hear the ref or the tv commentary. We can even choose both at the same time.

The ref is good as you can hear the players too if they are close to the ref.

Improve the grounds wifi would be a start! After that the options are unlimited really, live stats should definitely be available. Player stats are available to coaches so could be made available to the wider audience as well.

I actually believe that technology could help the officials more than ever if decisions were explained live via an app or similar. 

I think there's a long way to go before this could become a reality

I remember occasions last season that the BCB commentary team (Mick Geldhill etc) had to relay their commentary via their mobiles, because the ground didn't have any WiFi, let alone ISDN.

Whitehaven was one I recall, and there were others...

Archived