Challenge Cup Final Media Watch

Post your comments on the media coverage of the CCF, the build up the match itself and the post match reports etc.

First up, as they say these days, the BBC website plumbs the depths, or is soldering on, with this bit of personality based build up coverage:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/37160321

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Nothing in the Mail yet.

Nothing in the Independent, either.

The Mirror has a couple of articles: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

There's a Cup Final pullout in today's Warrington Guardian, apparently.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sims was on 5Live yesterday morning; good segment too.

I missed that, but he's a articulate and fun talker and one that the BBC seem to like.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Chris Evans was talking about it on Radio 2 this morning and said he may look into putting the match on the big screens at car fest south so everyone can watch it. Seems to have embraced RL since he went to a wire match.

he was a wire fan as a youngster, was good to see him back at a match last week

A nice point about bbc coverage this year is it's a 3.5hr programme meaning we get a nice 1hr build up and should be plenty of time for cup presentation and analysis.

Post-match forum on the red button, in addition to the scheduled 2pm to 5:30pm BBC1 coverage.

Oh yeah, and Eleanor Oldroyd isn't presenting the Radio 5 morning programme that day, so the Final might get more than the most grudging of mentions on national radio, too.

Good signs.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Chris Evans was talking about it on Radio 2 this morning and said he may look into putting the match on the big screens at car fest south so everyone can watch it. Seems to have embraced RL since he went to a wire match.

I thought he sounded genuinely quite excited about the game - good plug.

Just been interviewed on BBC Radio Gloucestershire about the match. Full coach of fans leaving Gloucester in the morning. Look out for the All Golds team signs on it at Wembley and the motorways etc. The greatest final since Wigan v Hunslet and Hull v Wigan? Quite likely.

Archived