Iro interview

Batley Bob

Nice article, but as I said before elsewhere the RFL have who they want in the SL apart from maybe London Broncos that would fill their idea of total inclusive coverage of Rugby League.

Sorry Leigh that doesn't include you.

Just my opinion that's all.

Cheers Roger,

Fear nothing and enjoy the experience whilst putting a few quid away. We may afford an expensive prop and 3/4 next year too

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

The one & only Joel Farrell.

From what I've seen of Farrell he's dewsbury's standout player (there are others like Spicer but he's getting on a bit)

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

From what I've seen of Farrell he's dewsbury's standout player (there are others like Spicer but he's getting on a bit)

He's a good player just over steps the mark at times but he'll do a job for you,but where Matty Diskin will play him I don't know. A funny feeling this could be Rob Spicer's last season,shame.

The stick he's got from one or two of your posters on here, I'm surprised he dare show his face  -  IMO of course.  ;) Still, I'm sure disco will turn him into a saint eh Billy ? Or a wildcat   :tongue:

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Iro's clearly a bit premature!! We still have to win 2 games............I'm in concurrence with some of his opinions, but should the impossible happen, the RFL would move heaven and earth to turn the ground down, we don't quite fit as a major player on the RFL's world stage me thinks. Also, how could we be part-time in Super League? We've turned heads every few weeks by giving full-time Championship clubs the run around but to have to try to do that every week against Wigan, Saints, Hull etc would be asking far too much even of the Bulldog heart. We'd be set up for the fall as soon as we won the million quid jobbie.

Iro's clearly a bit premature!! We still have to win 2 games............I'm in concurrence with some of his opinions, but should the impossible happen, the RFL would move heaven and earth to turn the ground down, we don't quite fit as a major player on the RFL's world stage me thinks. Also, how could we be part-time in Super League? We've turned heads every few weeks by giving full-time Championship clubs the run around but to have to try to do that every week against Wigan, Saints, Hull etc would be asking far too much even of the Bulldog heart. We'd be set up for the fall as soon as we won the million quid jobbie.

Although as you say it's hugely unlikely, I'm actually very pleased to hear the club say they wouldn't 'rule out' promotion. It displays a change in the club's mission statement and level of ambition. I used to despair with the 'we might never get here again', 'we're happy where we are' mantra. I'm not sure it sent out the right messages to either supporters or potential investors.

What I'm looking for is someone who can contribute to what England has given to the world: culture, sophistication, genius. A little bit more than an 'ot dog, know what I mean?

BSJ was implying Farrell over on your board recently, too, so there maybe something in it!

He (Farrell, not BSJ) reminds me a little of Mark Scott from the '90s. Sometimes plays with a little too much fire in his belly. Still, if he moves across the valley no doubt we'll improve him

If you want to send Grady to accompany him, I won't complain.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

BSJ was implying Farrell over on your board recently, too, so there maybe something in it!He (Farrell, not BSJ) reminds me a little of Mark Scott from the '90s. Sometimes plays with a little too much fire in his belly. Still, if he moves across the valley no doubt we'll improve himIf you want to send Grady to accompany him, I won't complain.

it's a done deal with Farrell,as for Grady all I know there's a few clubs after him,he's staying part time I'd love it if it was with us.

Off to London I've heard,out for the season so looks like he's played his last game with the Rams.

Decent player but I prefer the three we have at the moment

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Surely not Graham. Batley fans hate him - they have said so many times on this forum - so would be booing him from start to finish.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Surely not Graham. Batley fans hate him - they have said so many times on this forum - so would be booing him from start to finish.

Quite right.

Dastardly young man that he is.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

At the end of the day, lets wait until we get into that position, although I'm up for enthusiasm.

Cheers Roger.

Archived