Half Year Report

The Grinder

Well with the next two games Oldham and Whitehaven marking the half way of the 23 game Championship season how does everyone think we are doing.

For me like Robin I think we have been excellent value for money, very committed with the whole team playing for each other. However will it be enough to get us into the middle 8?

Last year Halifax got there with 32 points, but it looks like it will be a bit tighter this year and to make the middle 8 will require about 30 points. Can we get them? From where we are that will mean another 9 wins from the remaining 13 games which means we can only afford to lose another 4 games.

Personally I think we can do this, but is going to be very tough to achieve. Though if the first half of the season is anything to go by it is going to be an entertaining second half while we try.

So half year report is: Fev are going well and putting it 100% effort, but have to stay focused for the rest of the year and keep putting the effort in every week to get the grades they are after.

Up The Rovers!

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

Looking at the spirit within the side, and the number of players set to return within the next month things look pretty good, but that's no guarantee that the harmony within the dressing room will continue. Up to now the only selection headaches have been based around who's fit and available. Once we get everyone back and the Rhinos' injury situation eases will we get unrest when certain players are left out in preference to a future international? Will we get players' friends and relatives complaining on social media? Will the D/R lads be made to feel unwelcome?

If everyone sticks together to work as a team and maintains the same spirit I cannot see anything stopping them barring further injuries and suspensions.

Positives - Dont think there is a game where we havent competed so far this season, we havent been trounced by anyone nor conceded too many on loads of occasions which probably reflects our tight defence

Disappointments - the capitulation in the cup exit and the injury list - dont think weve seen our best 17 take to the field all at the same time yet

DR - dont think we can say weve been too disappointed with the players weve had come in - think all have done a job and not come to toss it off - at times think we could say its a shame they havent been available to us

Future - we have to start picking points up against rivals - London and fax at the bash being obvious games, we have a very tough run in - Sheff A fax A and Bradford H are our last 3 fixtures, it would be nice to have things sewn up by then and definately not need to rely on getting a result last game of season

Would we have taken where we are in the league at the start? Absolutely

Archived